Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 11/28-12/4

goc

I've actually enjoyed Gallows/Anderson here a lot more than I enjoyed any of their NJPW stuff, surprised to hear people think they've looked so awful. I think they've worked a lot tighter and cut out all the ham.

Anderson is fine it's just that Gallows moves like his back or his hips are just totally shot. I don't know, maybe it's just me. Perhaps I need to make some gifs of what I'm talking about.

I've actually enjoyed Gallows/Anderson here a lot more than I enjoyed any of their NJPW stuff, surprised to hear people think they've looked so awful. I think they've worked a lot tighter and cut out all the ham.

Anderson is fine it's just that Gallows moves like his back or his hips are just totally shot. I don't know, maybe it's just me. Perhaps I need to make some gifs of what I'm talking about.
Yeah, Gallows is atrocious. Anderson is what he is.

Gallows and Anderson are the worst guys in the current roster that managed to have enjoyable matches (one of their last encounters with New Day, at CoC if memory doesn't fail me).

It's weird because even in WK10 their match was pretty weak IMO - not worse than the 6-Men Tag, that's for sure - so I'm split between them being broken down when arriving on WWE or if they never had anything special to begin with. Gallows had some very nice matches as Festus, but it seems to me that his character also helped him deliver more, be more brutal and violent.

Y'know, it's just a shame The Drifter kinda sucks in the ring, because the heat he gets is just amazing. I hope he gets to keep them boos coming if he gets called up.

Part of the reason he gets the heat that he does is that he kinda sucks in the ring.

Then again, while I don't think he's great, I think he's doing exactly what he should be doing.

Stephanie revealed overseas that her book was delayed because it will be less a memoir and more a history of the McMahon family as a whole. Hey now...

Oh good gawd. I don't think I'm ready to hear Stephanie McMahon's version of history on anything.

"The McMahon family founded the United States sometime before 1940. After that, nothing important happened in the world, until the United States government tried to unfairly imprison my father for no reason whatsoever. And then Ted Turner tried to put my family out of business for no reason whatsoever. Despite being cruelly persecuted, the McMahon's gave a lot of money to charity, because it's an excellent branding and marketing opportunity. Oh and also, it helps sick children, or something like that."

Stephanie revealed overseas that her book was delayed because it will be less a memoir and more a history of the McMahon family as a whole. Hey now...

I'm going to assume that it's because someone must have finally realized who would want to buy a book about some silver spooned rich girl's life experiences and the details of the career she has due to nepotism.

I'm going to assume that it's because someone must have finally realized who would want to buy a book about some silver spooned rich girl's life experiences and the details of the career she has due to nepotism.

A million stars for El Boricua

Every time I think about it I'm still surprised that there's another PPV this weekend.

It did kind of creep up you, but on the other hand Smackdown has been a breeze to watch for quite some time now and I always look forward to their PPVs. An AJ Styles title match will almost always deliver, the two women's matches have solid potential and the tag division could see an interesting refocus with Wyatt & Orton as champs presumably building to a Mania singles match, while working with American Alpha, Usos, Revival or others until then.

All I ask is that the main event not build to an Ellsworth climax.

It did kind of creep up you, but on the other hand Smackdown has been a breeze to watch for quite some time now and I always look forward to their PPVs. An AJ Styles title match will almost always deliver, the two women's matches have solid potential and the tag division could see an interesting refocus with Wyatt & Orton as champs presumably building to a Mania singles match, while working with American Alpha, Usos, Revival or others until then.

Even though I wasn't really anticipating it, I think that TLC will be a lot better than Survivor Series, for pretty much the reasons you state. The two women's feuds have actually been pretty heated and personal, so having gimmick matches makes some sense, and they will benefit from the relative novelty of women's gimmick matches. AJ always has good main event title defenses, and I think he'll be able to maintain the sort of chaotic environment that makes Ambrose look best.

They should just never do another chairs match. The Miz/Ziggler ladder match should be okay, but every recent WWE ladder match has been underwhelming because they're unwilling (and rightly so) to match the escalation of stupid spots that got them over in the first place.

Do you really think they'll be able to resist?

Do you think that there will be people hired by WWE with the sole intention of leaving them as an on-air talent for NXT indefinitely? I thought the goal with Rhyno was going to be to use him in NXT to put some people over then transition him into a trainer role. Then he beat people on NXT, came to the main roster again and won the tag titles. Seems odd. Also seems odd when they don't call-up people like Joe or Nakamura but do call up people like Dana Brooke. So maybe they want to leave Nak/Joe down there because the roster is so thin? I thought they were doing that with Bayley too but then they called her up anyway, even without having much for her to do. Now it feels like Asuka doesn't have anyone to feud with in NXT. Why did they call-up Nia Jax already?

It just sort of feels all over the place to me.

Even though I wasn't really anticipating it, I think that TLC will be a lot better than Survivor Series, for pretty much the reasons you state. The two women's feuds have actually been pretty heated and personal, so having gimmick matches makes some sense, and they will benefit from the relative novelty of women's gimmick matches. AJ always has good main event title defenses, and I think he'll be able to maintain the sort of chaotic environment that makes Ambrose look best.

They should just never do another chairs match. The Miz/Ziggler ladder match should be okay, but every recent WWE ladder match has been underwhelming because they're unwilling (and rightly so) to match the escalation of stupid spots that got them over in the first place.

Do you really think they'll be able to resist?

I completely forgot about Miz/Ziggler, but expect them to put on a pretty great match as well. They've clicked really well in recent months and while the ladder could bring things up or down a notch, they've had a while to prep this feud and match so I can't see that we'll be disappointed.

Definitely don't think they can resist the Ellsworth bit, so all I can hope is they let get his pop and then get rid of him so the match can continue.

Do you think that there will be people hired by WWE with the sole intention of leaving them as an on-air talent for NXT indefinitely? I thought the goal with Rhyno was going to be to use him in NXT to put some people over then transition him into a trainer role. Then he beat people on NXT, came to the main roster again and won the tag titles. Seems odd. Also seems odd when they don't call-up people like Joe or Nakamura but do call up people like Dana Brooke. So maybe they want to leave Nak/Joe down there because the roster is so thin? I thought they were doing that with Bayley too but then they called her up anyway, even without having much for her to do. Now it feels like Asuka doesn't have anyone to feud with in NXT. Why did they call-up Nia Jax already?

It just sort of feels all over the place to me.

I've always felt Joe would be an NXT lifer, wrestling for a while and then helping with training.

6476396.jpg