Pro Wrestling Only

Wrestle Kingdom 11

soup23

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't even understand Jim Cornette. Dude is always bitching about people exposing the business while he constantly is doing interviews or shows where he goes into detail on exposing the business. The business has been exposed for 40 years, man.

It's not that the things that Omega and Joey Ryan do are exposing the business. Like you said, people are well aware that the business isn't real. But that, doing the stupid shit like the dick spots and blow up doll, makes the business look stupid and that people won't take it seriously.

Yeah, because the Boogie-Woogie man wasn't making it look stupid, and Kamala the Ugandan Giant who didn't know how to pin his opponent was absolutely credible.

I really enjoyed the recent Omega interview on Jericho's podcast. It was taped pre-WK. so the interview focuses on the development of his career and various stops along the way. Leaving aside what one thinks of him as a worker or WK 11, he came across as someone who is incredibly thoughtful about wrestling.

Heard him on Metlz and yeah, he came off like an humble and smart guy. Very pro too. Actually made me want to re-watch that Dome show.

Like Childs, I watched the AXS TV version because of the 6 star hype. I have seen all of the big Okada-Tanahashi matches and enjoyed them quite a bit. I've seen the big AJ Styles matches in NJ and liked them quite a bit. I didn't love this. I didn't really even enjoy this. It might be my age or my expectations, but whatever it is that they were doing is exactly what I don't want to watch in my wrestling. When Okada finally got double stomped with the table on top of him, my first instinct was that he would be selling some broken ribs or spitting up blood. I don't recall if he ever sold his midsection once after the spot. The top rope suplex gave me flashbacks of Richards-Elgin. Omega flying through the table outside was awesome... but meant nothing. I don't think this is being disconnected from New Japan wrestling or out of touch. It just didn't give me anything that I actually enjoy about wrestling.

Right after watching this match, my buddy William and I watched Lucha Underground's Aztec Warfare and I had a blast watching that. I had issues with the match itself but it didn't leave me feeling empty like Okada Omega.

• 3 weeks later...