Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Hall of Fame 2017

SteveJRogers

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So far, DDP was really good. Bischoff wasn't bad. Cornette was long but good. Rock 'n Roll were kinda boring and Steamboat is still not a great talker. But it's not been bad so far but I do think it's a better show when it's cut down/edited.

Man, that was the least enjoyable HOF in a while despite the great class. That report of "fewer inductees because the speeches are too long" couldn't have been more apt after tonight. The show went almost a full hour over schedule, and for what? Kurt Angle to recite promos from 15 years ago? Jim Cornette to read out a wikipedia of the RNR's careers?

The best parts of the show were RNR's promo, JBL's diversity plea, Roman's smirk while fans booed him, and Rick Rude Jr. being fucking huge and doing an impression of his dad. Get that dude in NXT pronto.

I guess the show blew by to me because I 100% checked out during the Beth speech. I turned up the volume here-and-there just to see if it was over and happened to come across some good bits. The crowd liked it and by all accounts online, she appears to have done a good job--I just have never had any interest in her. Rick Rude's son having a short and effective speech while getting the crowd to pop was a good thing.Here's the thing though...this isn't WWE's first HOF.

I can understand the mishaps if this was something new they were trying out, but WWE has been doing (in big arenas) since 2004, if not earlier. Why the hell is WWE showing Roman Reigns face during HOF? Why is John Cena inducting Kurt? Why are people talking for 30-40 minutes? Again, all of these problems can be simply solved:

- Jerry Lawler is not the William Shatner of WWE and should not host these shows. WWE wants to pretend to be in the big leagues-- ACT LIKE IT. Getting someone like Dave Chapelle or even an actual WWE fan like Gabriel Iglesias to host would be ideal.

- No intro should be more than 5 minutes

- Speeches should be kept to 10 minutes for the openers and mid-card. While the semi gets 15, co gets 20, and main event gets 30. The Oscars play people out with music, hire Tiny back to ring the bell on some of these people.

- No cutaways to heels or people who are tried like heels ( Cena/Reigns) as this takes away from the show (and the moment) at times.

I know WWE won't do anything too grand to really make these nights feel and look special, but I think the above recommendation (aside from the removal of Lawler) will all cost the WWE zero dollars and make for an overall better viewing experience.

I think putting the show on Friday is a good idea. Let it go long, and not have to worry about the talent being up too late the night before the big show.

I have no issues with long intros or speeches, as long as the people have something to say. And by and large, they all did. I do wish Cena and Angle went a big longer, that was a little disappointing for me as it seemed to be too concerned with fan participation at times than it was honoring the guy's career.

Jim Cornette was the MVP tonight, hands down. He didn't bury anybody and he was just glowing out there. It showed and it felt genuine.

This year confirms: my favorite recurring HOF characters have become "Mark Henry leaning on multiple chairs" and "Orton's hot-but-constantly-angry wife."

Some good moments and Beth/Nattie came off really well, but this one felt even more footloose than past years in a way that seemed disjointed. Between Morton and Steamboat, I initially wondered if there was something wrong in the monitors or teleprompter that was causing them to lose their train of thought.

I think putting the show on Friday is a good idea. Let it go long, and not have to worry about the talent being up too late the night before the big show.

I have no issues with long intros or speeches, as long as the people have something to say. And by and large, they all did. I do wish Cena and Angle went a big longer, that was a little disappointing for me as it seemed to be too concerned with fan participation at times than it was honoring the guy's career.

Jim Cornette was the MVP tonight, hands down. He didn't bury anybody and he was just glowing out there. It showed and it felt genuine.

The fuck? Cornette was boring as hell, just reciting career facts and telling jokes that bombed even when he took pauses for responses or laughed himself. Everyone on the pre-show was like OH SHIT CORNETTE HAS A LIVE MIC THIS SHOULD BE AWESOME. And then Cornette himself brings that point up when he gets up there. And then does absolutely nothing of note, just listing a play by play of Ricky and Robert's careers. It could have been just about anyone in there in Cornette's place. Ricky Morton by himself was way, way better than anything Cornette had to say.

Cornette got out promo'd by the RNRs, Beth, Natalya, Bischoff, and DDP.

Well he himself said after all the hype there's nothing he could have done that wouldn't have been disappointing. What did people want him to do? Turn the RnR's moment into a shoot interview and steal the attention? He was there to document their careers and did that.

Honestly, other than some of the speeches going a bit long I don't see why people would hate so much on a HOF show.