• Gene Kiniski
    • The Spoiler
    • Owen Hart
    • Hans Schmidt
    • Edge
    • John Tolos
    • Other (specify)

What, no Kenny Omega?

I suspect George Gordienko is the greatest. Bronko Nagurski deserves a mention too

I had NO IDEA Nagurski was born in Canada!

I have always felt there were a lot of parallels between Nagurski and Kiniski: Athletic and charismatic football players with great tough-guy faces who were respected enough that the "real" wrestlers were willing to put them over in important matches. It's cool to learn that they are both from my home country as well.

Voted for the Hitman, but mostly because he's the best "total package" on the list for me. Maybe not the best in any specific category, but top 3-4 in most categories I'd consider (promos, great matches, babyface/heel work, selling, execution of offense). For the same reason, I might place Christian somewhere in my top 5.

It is good Owens/Steen isn't on there. I would have been really tempted to troll vote for him.

I went Bret. I don't think it is as run away as some. I can make a case in my head for quite a few of these, especially Martel, Patterson, and Jericho.

• 2 years later...

The more I look at the list of candidates, the more I think my top ten list would have to have earlier stars on it: Whipper Watson, Gene Kiniski, Yvon Robert - whom in particular is a tremendous regional star with a lot of cultural importance - as well as big modern stars on it. I don't think I'd still vote Bret Hart as number one though.

Yvon Robert had the same impact in pro wrestling for us French Canadians than Maurice Richard had in hockey. He was someone that people related to because he was successful in a time where the establishment in our province didn't really want French Canadians to be. Without Yvon Robert breaking in the North American wrestling scene, we wouldn't have had the Rougeaus or Rick Martel of Mad Dog Vachon.