Pro Wrestling Only

The greatest match of all time

NintendoLogic

That's a tough question because I don't really think there is a trios match on the level of the matches mentioned here, but my pick would be either the 5/90 trios (I can't remember the date of the better one), the 11/91 Brazos vs. Infernales match, or the 1997 minis match.

The Brazos vs Infernales match came to mind first for me as well when I initially thought about it. There are more than a few of those AAA Rey Jr, Santo, Fuerza & Friends trios that I want to rewatch though. I gotta watch the 97 minis match though. I'm not sure if I've ever seen it.

How do you feel about the Space Cadets vs La Ola Lila from the 80s set? That was the highest ranked trios match.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a tough question because I don't really think there is a trios match on the level of the matches mentioned here, but my pick would be either the 5/90 trios (I can't remember the date of the better one), the 11/91 Brazos vs. Infernales match, or the 1997 minis match.

The Brazos vs Infernales match came to mind first for me as well when I initially thought about it. There are more than a few of those AAA Rey Jr, Santo, Fuerza & Friends trios that I want to rewatch though. I gotta watch the 97 minis match though. I'm not sure if I've ever seen it.

How do you feel about the Space Cadets vs La Ola Lila from the 80s set? That was the highest ranked trios match.

I said it was the best trios match we have from the 80s during the nominating period and was later mocked on air for it (kidding), but the result speaks for itself. It's a pure trios match but a pure trios match isn't really a greatest of all-time style match. That said, there's been so many trios matches wrestled in the history of lucha libre that I'm sure there were at least a few GOAT contenders. If we could see the Villanos vs. Brazos mask match without the strobe effect that might be a contender.

Wait a minute, I forgot about the Thundercats vs. Trios Fantasia. There's your winner right there!

The answer to this question probably lies in Pavilion Azteca. They probably had some crazy trios match that was better than anything that's on tape.