Pro Wrestling Only
Sign in to follow this  
ShittyLittleBoots

[2017-01-28-EVOLVE 77] Timothy Thatcher vs Jeff Cobb

This was a very well worked match. Lots of people have turned on Thatcher & his reign, and this match got lots of negative reviews, but I enjoyed it very much. I still love Thatcher's in ring style, he is damn good on the mat, which was showcased here, and it's always a blast to see him target someone's arm, which also was on display here. ***1/2

1/28/17 Evolve Timothy Thatcher vs Jeff Cobb 4*

This match that I've seen online has been pretty negative, and I have no idea why. This had an old school 70's style NWA title match. We see some great grappling early. The big spot is Cobb takes a post and injures the arm. Thatcher just goes to work like a surgeon destroying the arm. Cobb's selling of the limb was fantastic. They told a compelling story that I really enjoyed.

Yeah, I'm not understanding the negative reviews, either. The lack of heat does produce a rather sterile environment, but this was still a good match. Cobb's selling is fantastic & the grappling ruled. Just good storytelling with Cobb injuring the arm early, and Thatcher picking it apart to reduce Cobb's power advantage & set up his submissions. The finish played into that -- while also keeping Cobb strong -- with Thatcher trapping the arms in a backslide roll-up for the win. Rating: ***½