Pro Wrestling Only
Sign in to follow this  
ShittyLittleBoots

[2017-02-21-NJPW-Togi Makabe 20th Anniversary Show] Jushin Liger & Katsuyori Shibata & Tiger Mask & Yuji Nagata vs Minoru Suzuki & Taichi & Takashi Iizuka & Yoshinobu Kanemaru

Had to check this out because of the potential Suzuki vs. Shibata interactions, and I sure wasn't disappointed, because I got some awesome action between those 2! It looks like they might do a singles program between them, it sure felt like it w/ Suzuki constantly targeting Shibata & staring him down + attacking him post-match. I am hyped for that. The match was super fun - you got Liger as the FIP, and he was awesome, as you'd expect. Suzuki-gun did some solid heel work over him, ripping his mask & all - but the highlight of the match was indeed the Minoru Suzuki vs. Katsuyori Shibata sequence when they were both in the ring. Their interaction did not disappoint. Awesome match. ***1/2

Shibata and Suzuki did indeed have their own little ***+ match within this greater tag match. Just great chaos from Suzuki as usual. Shibata got his shots in, but man did Suzuki take it to him. I liked the counter into the sleeper on Shibata as Tiger Mask is pinned and then post-match, even during Suzuki's promo you have Shibata still going after him.