SirEdger

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

March 15th, 1985

Baysville, ON

-Carlos Colon beat UFO (Frenchy Martin under a mask) in 10:32

-The Great Kabuki (w/Eddy "The Brain" Creatchman) beat Butch Miller in 7:07 after spitting the Green Mist in Miller's face!

-Terry Taylor (w/Sherri Martel) beat Dory Funk Jr in 12:05

-Mad Dog Lefebvre (w/Frenchy Martin) beat Samu (w/Eddy "The Brain" Creatchman) in 12:18

-NWA World Tag Team Champion Jacques Rougeau beat Billy Robinson (w/Sherri Martel) in 9:30

-Bob Backlund & Luke Williams beat NWA United States Champion Magnum TA & Superstar Billy Graham in 19:44 after Backlund pinned Graham

NWA International Tag Team Championship: Gino Brito & Rick Martel beat Bob Orton & Sam Houston in 17:41 to retain

NWA International Heavyweight Championship: Terry Funk beat Alexis Smirnoff in 15:34 to retain after using his branding iron on Smirnoff before Smirnoff could use the Soviet flag on Funk!

NWA International Heavyweight Championship: Terry Funk beat Alexis Smirnoff in 15:34 to retain after using his branding iron on Smirnoff before Smirnoff could use the Soviet flag on Funk!

Do unto others *before* they can do unto you.

NWA Lutte Internationale TV

Taped at CHLT-TV Studios, Sherbrooke, QC

Broadcasted on March 16th, 1985

dieu.jpg220px-Nwalogobw.jpg

(After the opening credits, we’re headed to the broadcast booth where Guy Hauray & Édouard Carpentier awaits us to start the show.)

Guy Hauray: Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to another exciting episode of NWA Lutte Internationale TV. You’re in for a treat this week as we’ll have a featured Lutte vs Mid-Atlantic showdown this week as all of our matches today will be presenting interpromotional matches.

Édouard Carpentier: And quite the names present this week: “Cowboy” Bob Orton, Sam Houston, “Superstar” Billy Graham, NWA United States Champion Magnum TA & NWA International Heavyweight Champion Terry Funk will ALL be in action for us this week. This is quite the episode we have for you this week, but I think our fans are ready for action, what do you think? Why wasting our time this week??

Guy Hauray: They sure are, Eddie! Let’s get right to it!

Match #1

Dominic DeNucci (Lutte) vs Superstar Billy Graham (Mid-Atlantic)

Not much that could be said about this match other than Superstar completely dominated DeNucci from the start. Graham finishes things off early with a bearhug to score a flawless victory in less than 2:30.

Winner: Superstar Billy Graham

*******COMMERCIAL BREAK**********

Match #2

Gilles “The Fish” Poisson & Richard “Le Magnifique” Charland (Lutte, w/Frenchy Martin) vs “Cowboy” Bob Orton & Sam Houston (Mid-Atlantic)

At the start of the match, the broadcast booth recalls the history of Bob Orton in the territory, including the infamous Masked Cowboys angle that lead to Orton & Dick Slater challenging The Rougeau Brothers in a Street Fight last September. While Orton & Slater were quite a formidable duo, Orton & Houston still are impressive together over the tandem of The Fish & Le Magnifique. However, a too enthusiastic Sam Houston will prove to be the demise of the Mid-Atlantic duo as Houston tries to hit his patented Bulldog on Poisson but Richard Charland holds Houston’s foot outside the ring. That allowed Poisson to roll up Houston for the victory as Charland is fighting outside with Orton.

Winners: Gilles “The Fish” Poisson & Richard “Le Magnifique” Charland

*********COMMERCIAL BREAK*********

Match #3

Dennis Condrey (w/Jim Cornette) vs NWA United States Champion Magnum TA

The broadcast mentions the fact that this is a non-title match and they also plug the current rivalry between Magnum TA and NWA International Heavyweight Champion Terry Funk. Jim Cornette tries to get involved early with all sorts of shenanigans to distract Magnum but it doesn’t take long before Magnum steps outside the ring and smacks Cornette on the buttocks with his own tennis racquet! But this allowed in the process Condrey to jump Magnum from behind and ambush him, sending the champion into the ring post. Condrey sent Magnum back in the ring and started working on the damaged area, the shoulder & neck of Magnum. A bruised & battered but still yapping Jim Cornette kept shouting instructions to his protégé. Condrey had all the momentum in the world going and was about to hit his patented Enziguri but Magnum dropped down and Condrey ended up face first on the mat. Magnum mounted the irresistible comeback and was definitely on his way to put away Condrey with his belly-to-belly suplex when out of nowhere, Terry Funk, ran in and assaulted Magnum with a branding iron! Referee Adrien Desbois called for the bell and awarded the match to Magnum. Desbois tried to stop the NWA International Heavyweight Champion but Funk nailed Desbois with the branding iron himself! And not willing to stop there, Funk delivered a piledriver to Desbois as well! With the senior referee out cold, Funk continued his unrelenting assault on Magnum TA by choking him with his branding iron. Finally, some more officials run from backstage to stop the Funker. Funk steps outside the ring and goes to the broadcast booth.

Winner by disqualification: Magnum TA

Terry Funk: I’ll be damned if I’m gonna let a pretty boy like Magnum TA come into my yard and trying to take my spotlight. I’M THE MAN AROUND HERE. Not Magnum TA, not Rick Martel, not anybody else but me. Magnum TA made the biggest mistake of his life by following me around here.

Édouard Carpentier: Terry, you and I both know that Magnum didn’t de—

Terry Funk: All he had to do was refusing to take any bookings around here. That man is a glutton for punishment. It’s gonna be bad enough for him that I’m gonna take away his United States Championship soon and now, he wants to show up here? He’s gonna suffer the consequences of this. Nobody is insane enough to step into the ring with me. And if they do...well, would you look at this!

(The camera pans aside to reveal that Carlos Colon walked onto the set in wrestling gear, yelling at Funk in Spanish)

Terry Funk: Look, I don’t speak Spanish so I don’t got any idea what you’re telling me but by the looks of it, you seem to want to defend Magnum TA, aren’t ya? Go ahead, he’s lying right there in the ring! Go check on him.

(Carlos Colon yells some more insults at Funk in Spanish)

Terry Funk: OK, OK, look...fine...fine....fine. Alright, you didn’t like that I did that and I’m sorry. You’re right, that wasn’t my business and I shouldn’t have gotten in there. I’m gonna leave now...

(Colon turns around to go check on Magnum, who’s on his way back to the locker room when Terry Funk blindsides him with a left! Colon goes down hard in front of the broadcast booth!)

Terry Funk: GET ME A REFEREE IN HERE SO I CAN MESS UP THAT GRINGO REAL BAD.

(Referee Luigi Macera gets into the ring and it seems like we have our impromptu main event!)

MAIN EVENT

Match #4

Carlos Colon vs NWA International Heavyweight Champion Terry Funk

The Porto Rican superstar has no clue of what happened and is struggling to recover as Terry Funk is mercilessly pummelling him with left hands. Most of this match is all Terry Funk continuing on the momentum he gave himself by that sneak attack on Colon at the broadcast booth. In the meantime, the broadcast team hypes that Tony Schiavone & David Crockett should have an update on Magnum TA in their next edition of World Championship Wrestling although they’re being told that Magnum is doing OK. Funk is going non-stop at Colon and it seems like Funk will finish him with the Spinning Toe Hold but Colon rams Funk head first in the turnbuckle! Funk goes down and that allows Colon to finally recover and mount some offense on the NWA International Heavyweight Champion. Funk is in trouble as Colon is delivering dropkicks and clotheslines on the Funker! A couple of nearfalls and Colon comes oh so close to getting the victory. Colon is about to finish off Funk and reels back to hit Funk again but his elbow accidentally catches Luigi Macera in the eye. The ref is temporarily neutralized but Colon trips Funk and decides to go with the Figure Four Leglock anyway! Funk is in deep trouble and tries to drag himself to the ropes but Colon still has a firm grip on the hold. Funk is able to position himself to drag his body close enough to grab his branding iron in the corner! And of course, Funk grabs it and whacks Colon with it! Colon goes limp and Funk gets rid of the smoking gun by throwing it outside. Funk undoes the hold and covers Colon as the referee regains his composure and makes the 3 count! Funk steals another victory! This week’s show ends with Funk standing tall in the ring, claiming that nobody can beat him and he’ll be the champion FOREVER!

Winner: Terry Funk

20111012-052508-g.jpg

À LA SEMAINE PROCHAINE SI DIEU LE VEUT!

March 16th, 1985

Maple Leaf Gardens, Toronto, ON

aerial.gif

Wildcard Match: UFO & Butch Miller beat Alexis Smirnoff & Afa in 23:45

-Samu (w/Eddy "The Brain" Creatchman) beat Richard "Le Magnifique" Charland in 6:08

-Sheik Ali (w/Eddy "The Brain" Creatchman) beat Sam Houston in 9:45

6-Men Elimination Tag Team Match: NWA International Tag Team Champions Gino Brito & Rick Martel & Sika beat NWA International Heavyweight Champion Terry Funk & The Sensationals (Terry Taylor & Billy Robinson, w/Sherri Martel) in 80:05. Rick Martel was the sole survivor of his team, last eliminating Terry Funk with a school boy.

March 17th, 1985

St. Catharines, ON

-The Spoiler beat Sheik Ali (w/Eddy "The Brain" Creatchman) in 8:08

-Luke Williams beat Baron Von Raschke in 5:55

-Randy Rose (w/Jim Cornette) beat Carlos Colon in 7:03

6-Men Elimination Tag Match: The Wild Samoans & Superstar Billy Graham beat The Missing Link, Bob Orton & Sam Houston in 14:12

-Richard "Le Magnifique" Charland beat NWA World Tag Team Champion Jacques Rougeau in 13:38

-The Bolshevik Revolution (Smirnoff & Zhukov) beat NWA World Tag Team Champion Raymond Rougeau & the returning Armand Rougeau in 12:40

8-Men Elimination Tag Team Match: NWA International Tag Team Champions Gino Brito & Rick Martel, NWA International Heavyweight Champion Terry Funk & Édouard Carpentier beat The Sensationals (w/Sherri Martel) in 17:47. Terry Funk abandoned his teammates mid-way through the match. Brito & Martel were the lone survivors for their team

NWA United States Championship: Magnum TA beat Dory Funk Jr in 85:01 with the Belly-to-Belly Suplex to retain.

March 22nd, 1985

Centre Paul-Sauvé, Montréal

-Mad Dog Lefebvre (w/Richard Charland) beat UFO (Frenchy Martin under a mask) in 4:37

Taped Fists Match: The Great Kabuki (w/Eddy "The Brain" Creatchman) beat Boris Zhukov

-The Wild Samoans beat Dory Funk Jr (subbing for Jacques Rougeau) & NWA World Tag Team Champion Raymond Rougeau in 13:56

-The Missing Link beat Alexis Smirnoff in 12:07

6-Men Elimination Tag Team Match: The Sheepherders & NWA International TV & Tag Team Champion Gino Brito beat The Sensationals in 18:26

2-out-of-3 Falls Match: Rip Oliver beat Bob Backlund 2 falls to 1 in 14:03. Backlund won the 1st fall and Oliver won the 2 subsequent falls, including the final one with a hold of tights!

NWA World Heavyweight Championship: Ric Flair beat Gilles "The Fish" Poisson in 13:21 to retain

NWA International Heavyweight Championship: Terry Funk fought Baron Von Raschke to a 60-minute time limit draw; Terry Funk retains the championship.

It was indeed between 2 heels, but the fans in Montreal always had a particular relationship with Eddy Creatchman IRL, so I guess we could say that Kabuki was sorta, kinda the babyface in this one.

But in all seriousness, it's more of a trial & error kind of thing that I'm doing with some house show matches. To see what sticks & what doesn't. For those who do stick, I elaborate & expand more with angles on TV, leading up to future matches & big events. You haven't missed an angle or a turn in particular, Kev. Every major thing & turn happening is highlighted in house show recaps & TV write-ups! ;)

This site is like reading Pro Wrestling Illustrated back in 85!

Nicely put! It really is like that.

SirE, I love how you are aware of the different crowds in the different cities you run and how you book for them specifically. It gives a lot of charm and character to your promotion.

I don't know why but I was big fan of Kabuki when I was a kid so I would have loved this taped fist match with Zhukov.

Funk vs. Baron sounds like a fun match as well, not to mention the Samoans taking on Dory/Ray Rougeau.

I didn't get to follow much wrestling in this area back in '85 but I'm really digging this...some really great cards happening.

NWA Lutte Internationale TV

Taped at CHLT-TV Studios, Sherbrooke, QC

Broadcasted March 23rd, 1985

dieu.jpg220px-Nwalogobw.jpg

(After the opening credits, we’re headed to the broadcast booth as Guy Hauray & Édouard Carpentier are waiting to start the show)

Guy Hauray: Hello, wrestling fans, and welcome to another edition of NWA Lutte Internationale TV. If you thought last week was intense, I don’t think we’re through yet because for the second consecutive week, the NWA International Heavyweight Champion Terry Funk will be in action as he’ll take on Luke Williams in our feature bout.

Édouard Carpentier: After what happened last week, Guy, the champion is definitely looking to send a bigger message this week as Luke Williams is most definitely one tough customer. Funk might’ve found a suitable opponent today and who knows what’s going to happen this week.

Guy Hauray: Also, this week, we’ll see The Creatchman Family in 6-Men Tag Team Action. In fact, we’ll see them twice this in action, both tag team matches. The Brain is growing impatient now to have gold in his stable, ever since his former protégés the Wild Samoans lost the International Tag Team Championship.

Édouard Carpentier: Interestingly enough, the Samoans will be involved in one of those Creatchman Family matches as they’ll challenge The Great Kabuki & Samu a bit later. I’ll tell you –

Guy Hauray: I’m sorry, Eddie, I’m being told that....Yes....Fans, apparently something has happened backstage as they’re been an attack perpetrated on some of our roster members! Do we have a camera?

(As we’re headed backstage, we see several of Lutte’s enhancement talents laid out in their locker rooms: Serge Jodoin, Denis Goulet, the Dellaserras and Dominic DeNucci all lying motionless or hurt on the floor. As the camera pans closer, something is noticeable; all 5 jobbers’ heads are covered with masks! But no sign of their assailants anywhere in the studios or the building.)

Guy Hauray: Eddie....did those masks look familiar to you?

Édouard Carpentier: Yes, they were, Guy. But to be honest, I’m a bit sceptical. I mean...I’ve heard of a Big one, a Super one and even a Giant one but....could we really be invaded by more of them?

Guy Hauray: I don’t know but this seems to be really bad news for the rest of our roster. Hopefully, we’ll have an update on this situation a bit later on. We’re ready for our first match so, let’s get to it!

Match #1

The Wild Samoans vs The Zambuie Express (w/Eddy “The Brain” Creatchman)

Of course, the broadcast team is reminiscing of the history between the Samoans and Eddy Creatchman, who led them to become the original International Tag Team Champions last year. As expected, quite the hard-hitting matchup between both teams. Elijah Akeem & Kareem Muhammad are getting the advantage early but as we know, Samoans aren’t easy to permanently take down and that’s a lesson that the Zambuie Express is learning the hard way. The match ends with the Samoans nailing their Double Headbutt consecutively on Akeem & Muhammad to secure the victory.

Winners: The Wild Samoans

******COMMERCIAL BREAK********

Match #2

Boris Zhukov (w/Bolshevik Revolution) vs the self-proclaimed Sensational Heavyweight Champion Billy Robinson (w/Sherri Martel)

As expected, before the match starts, Sherri Martel insisted that Robinson’s Sensational Heavyweight Championship wasn’t at stakes in this match. And visibly, Zhukov didn’t mind this at all because he literally spits at the title belt before the match begins! This infuriated Robinson and got the match under way. Billy Robinson displays quite the technical spectacle in there (did we expect anything else from Robinson?) but with Von Raschke & Smirnoff at ringside, it’s one of those rare times in which the Sensationals were at the wrong end of the strength-in-numbers situation and the Bolshevik Revolution took fully advantage of that. With Sherri Martel trying to interfere, Baron Von Raschke interjected himself quickly by removing Sherri from the ring apron. A distracted Robinson then fell prey to Zhukov’s running clothesline, which he followed with the Diving Headbutt to secure the victory. After the match, Zhukov added insult to injury by draping Robinson with the Soviet flag, as they did recently!

Winner: Boris Zhukov

*******COMMERCIAL BREAK*******

Match #3

6-Men Lethal Lottery Tag Team Match

Nick Bockwinkel, Bob Sweetan & Dory Funk Jr vs The Creatchman Family (Sheik Ali, Nord the Barbarian & Samu, w/Eddy “The Brain” Creatchman)

The broadcast team is wondering how much luck the Creatchman Family got in this Lethal Lottery situation this time as all of them are in the same team for this match. On the opposite side, we notice that Bockwinkel & Sweetan are alone as Dory Funk is a no-show and it looks like it’s gonna start as a 2-on-3 Handicap Match. Despite the already tumultuous history between himself and Sherri Martel (who makes her way to the ring later in the match, after having tended to Robinson), Nick Bockwinkel and Bob Sweetan are working relatively well together and are having their moments during the match, despite the 3-on-2 Creatchman advantage. And it looks like like Bockwinkel & Sweetan might be able to pull off the big victory as Bockwinkel is cleaning house from the Creatchmans as once again, the crowd’s attention is distracted from the match when what seems like a limping Dory Funk Jr makes his way to the ring...and he’s wearing the same mask that the enhancement talents were wearing at the top of the broadcast when they were attacked! Everyone stops dead in their tracks and even Bockwinkel steps outside the ring to check on Dory. This distracts Bob Sweetan, who’s yelling at Bockwinkel and this allows Samu to hit a Savate Kick on Sweetan and followed it with a Samoan Drop to secure the victory for The Creatchman Family.

Winners: The Creatchman Family

(A visibly angry Bob Sweetan stepped out of the ring to confront Bockwinkel and a shoving match ensued. But Bockwinkel responded immediately with the big right hand, sending Sweetan on his keister. Sweetan gets back up and both Sweetan and Bockwinkel started trading fists all the way back to the locker room. Meanwhile, Dory has been able to remove the mask and an irate Terry Funk comes out from the back to check on his older brother. Terry grabs the mask and he heads to the broadcast booth. Édouard Carpentier goes to interview Terry but the champion snatches the mic from Carpentier’s hand and tells him in uncertain terms that his services won’t be needed for this interview.)

Terry Funk: Ya know, I thought I’d seen all of you guys. Super Machine, Big Machine, even a Giant Machine. But it seems to me now that there are more of ya, isn’t it? I’m gonna make something perfectly clear to ya. (Funk now turns to the mask, holding iit in front of him, like he actually is SPEAKING to the mask). Now, you listen to me good because I ain’t gonna say it more than once. This right here, this is MY ranch. MY yard. MY KINGDOM. This ain’t Japan. Yeah, I know who you are. I personally couldn’t give a damn about you attacking jobbers. Hell, you can attack whoever you want. You could’ve taken out Martel, Bockwinkel, Backlund, anyone. But you crossed the line when you attack my own flesh and blood. If you wanted my attention, YOU GOT IT NOW! (Funk is increasingly yelling at the mask). YOU DON’T PEARL HARBOR MY BROTHER AND GET AWAY WITH IT. HELL, YOU WON’T EVEN BE ABLE TO LIVE TO TELL THE STORY WHEN I GET MY HANDS ON HOW MANY OF YA THERE ARE.

(Funk throws the mask down and starts stomping on it repeatedly. Funk is now on his hands and knees with the mic.)

Terry Funk: I don’t know how many of ya there are but I swear to God that you’ve crossed the wrong family. You’re about to start a war that you ain’t gonna be able to finish. And I’m gonna start to show you what it’s gonna cost ya to mess with the Funks. Luke Williams, you better get your ass out here right now. Hell, Luke, maybe you’re one of them, too, uh? Like a Sheep Machine or somethin’? Well, either way, I’m gonna beat some sense into somebody tonight and I’m gonna make those Japs wish that they ain’t decided to come here!

*********COMMERCIAL BREAK********

MAIN EVENT

Match #4

NWA International Heavyweight Champion Terry Funk vs Luke Williams

(Terry Funk has brought the Machine mask in the ring and keeps it in a corner. Both men are wrestling a stiff match and they don’t hold back on each other. Terry is still visibly upset at what happened to his brother and the Funker is highly motivated. Luke is still able to use Funk’s anger to his advantage as Funk makes strategic mistakes that he usually doesn’t do. At one point, Luke Williams was able to hit a Gourdbuster on Funk but the NWA International Heavyweight Champion was able to kick out. Towards the end, Terry Funk nails a solid swinging neckbreaker that temporarily stuns Williams. Funk then goes to the corner when he had put the mask and retrieves it to put it over Williams’ head! Funk starts yelling: “COME AT ME, JAP! COME AT ME!” as Williams is too stunned to do anything. The champion then proceeds to hit a piledriver on the Sheepherder. Funk makes the cover but at 2, he pulls Williams up. Funk repeats the piledriver and just like the first time, makes the cover and pulls up Williams at 2. Finally, Terry Funk picks up his opponent and yells another time: “COME AT ME, JAP! COME AT ME!” before hitting a final piledriver on Williams, and this time, Funk maintains the cover to secure the victory. Funk immediately removes the mask from Williams’ head and starts yelling at it again during the final moments of this week’s episode.

Winner: Terry Funk

20111012-052508-g.jpg

À LA SEMAINE PROCHAINE SI DIEU LE VEUT!

March 23rd, 1985

Victoria, Prince Edward Island

Mini event

-Samu (w/Eddy "The Brain" Creatchman) beat The Missing Link in 4:19

6-Men Tag: Gilles "The Fish" Poisson & The Zambuie Express (w/Eddy "The Brain" Creatchman) beat The Bolshevik Revolution in 41:11 after Von Raschke inadvertantly struck Zhukov with the Soviet Flag!