LowBlowPodcast

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WWF Live

Oakland, CA – Coliseum

Hulk Hogan & Andre the Giant defeated Kamala & King Kong Bundy via DQ

-Roddy Piper got involved but then Big John Studd came out and it was 4 on 2 against Hogan and Andre until the Machines came out to even the odds

INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP

Randy Savage © defeated Jake Roberts via DQ

TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

The British Bulldogs vs The Hart Foundation wen to a 20-minute draw

EIGHT MAN TAG

Gino Hernandez, Chris Adams, & The Russians defeated The Youngbloods & Killer Bees

The Fantastics defeated the Faces of Fear

250px-WWF_Superstars_Of_Wrestling.jpg

WWF Superstars

Vince McMahon & Jesse the Body Ventura

Matches from Hamburg, PA – The Fieldhouse

Kamala w/ Roddy Piper defeated Brady Boone

-Kamala is out here again and he destroys Brady Boone. Roddy Piper joins commentary and he is running Hogan down. He talks about how Muhammad Ali isn’t going to be a part of this and he will knock him out if he gets in his way. We see the big splash and Kamala has won it!

The Killer Bees defeated Tony Flak & Tony Zane

-A nice showcase for the Bees who are a fun team right now to watch. They have got a lot of speed and charisma but how do they match up against some of the others?

Greg Valentine & The Hart Foundation w/ Jimmy Hart defeated Bob Scott, Rick McGraw, & Ken Raper

-The Hart Foundation is out in force tonight. Vince and Jesse put over the hair cutting that Brutus Beefcake has been doing and Jesse calls him the BARBER! Could be on to something.

The Machines defeated Omar Atlas & Bob Bradley

-A good contest with the Machines as Super and Strong look great here. Heenan is shown here with the Faces of Fear and Bundy. We see the Machines finish off Bradley and prep for the battle but then out of the crowd comes the THIRD MACHINE! OH MY! We have got some six-man action ready to unfold here but Heenan and his boys retreat.

Tony Atlas vs Nikita Koloff w/ Ivan Koloff

-A really fun main event and we get to see Nikita outside of his element a little bit but he has got things going in the right direction and Atlas is able to keep things manageable. Nikita is no selling everything though and when he hits the Russian Sickle, Atlas goes flying outside the ring and here comes Ivan to hammer down on him. This pulls Dino Bravo out of the back and we get a double count out with a 4-man brawl outside the ring! Jesse and Vince put this over in a big way as Nikita is on the rise and there is a tag team in the making here!

EVENT CENTER

WrestleMania

MAIN EVENT

WWF CHAMPIONSHIP

SPECIAL ENFORCER: Muhammad Ali

Hulk Hogan © vs Roddy Piper

Randy Savage © w/ Elizabeth vs Jake Roberts

TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

The British Bulldogs © vs Gino Hernandez & Chris Adams

Andre the Giant vs “King” Harley Race w/ Bobby Heenan

Tito Santana vs Greg Valentine w/ Jimmy Hart

Just signed for WrestleMania

The Fantastics vs The Hart Foundation w/ Jimmy Hart

David Sammartino w/ Bruno vs Larry Z

The Machines vs Haku & The Barbarian

And a special

INTERNATIONAL CHALLENGE

New Japan Wrestling’s Antonio Inoki vs King Kong Bundy w/ Bobby Heenan

WWF Live

Los Angeles, CA – Olympic Auditorium

WWF CHAMPIONSHIP

Hulk Hogan © defeated Kamala via DQ when Roddy Piper got involved

Andre the Giant & The Machines defeated Bundy & The Faces of Fear w/ Heenan when John Studd got involved

Randy Savage © vs Jake Roberts went to a double DQ!

TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

The British Bulldogs © defeated The Russians, The Hart Foundation, & The Fantastics

WWF on Tour

Utica, NY – Memorial Auditorium

Glen Falls, NY – Civic Center

Niagara Falls, NY - Convention Center

MAIN EVENT

Hulk Hogan & Dino Bravo defeated King Kong Bundy & Big John Studd w/ Bobby Heenan via DQ when Roddy Piper got involved

“King” Harley Race defeated Tony Atlas

The Machines defeated The Faces of Fear

Blackjack Mulligan defeated Black Bart

Ron Bass defeated Scott Casey

Gino Hernandez & Chris Adams defeated The Killer Bees

WWF on Tour

Oswego, NY – Laker Hall Gymnasium

White Plains, NY – Westchester Count Civic Center

Binghamton, NY – Broome County Arena

MAIN EVENT

Tito Santana & Randy Savage defeated Greg Valentine & Brutus Beefcake w/ Jimmy Hart

Bret Hart defeated Jay Youngblood

Jake Roberts defeated Mark Youngblood

David Sammartino defeated Jim Neidhart via Count Out

WWF TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

The British Bulldogs © defeated the Russians in a 2/3 falls match

Dino Bravo wanted to have a huge match at the Olympic Stadium between him and Hogan for the WWF Championship in 1989. He was convinced they could've drawn more than 50 000 people. However, I think that Vince was worried about the crowd reaction against Hogan for that particular scenario (given that Bravo was always widely cheered despite being a heel in Montreal) and he wasn't convinced himself that this would draw particularly well. Instead, they opted for Bravo injuring Hogan in a 6-men tag at the Forum in 89. That was Hogan's last appearance in Montreal until Jacques Rougeau's WCW retirement match in 1997.

vzvxb4.png

WWF Wrestling Challenge

Gorilla Monsoon & Bobby The Brain Heenan in studio

Matches from Brantford, Ontario, Canada – The Civic Centre

Harley Race w/ Bobby Heenan defeated Johnny Rivera

Andre the Giant: How can you call yourself a King when you haven’t beaten the Giant? Harley Race… I will take that crown from you and put it on my head where it belongs!

David Sammartino defeated James Wright

Larry Z: In all my years of wrestling, never before has a man with so little had such significance and that is saying a lot because I think very low of you David and I think even less of your father. At WrestleMania, the world is going to see me wipe the mat with you and if Bruno wants… I may just show him a thing or two as well!

The Killer Bees defeated Pat & Mike Kelly

-Good showcase for the Bees who might not make it on the WrestleMania card but it doesn’t mean they don’t have the goods. We see a slick double dropkick to finish off the Kelly boys for the 3 count.

Brutus Beefcake defeated Steve Simpson – he then cut his hair!

Tito Santana: I guess tonight is the night Brutus and just to let you know that I could care less about my hair and more about getting my hands on you! Tonight I am going to do just that and when I do… it is going to be lights out for you! ARIBA!

Scott Casey vs Ron Bass w/ Jack Lanza

-A blahish main event with Bass beating up Casey something good and even Black Bart comes down to help matters out… but then we see Blackjack Mulligan come down to even up the odds and we get a nice little back and forth before they chase off the heels.

EVENT CENTER

WrestleMania

MAIN EVENT

WWF CHAMPIONSHIP

TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

INTERNATIONAL CHALLENGE

Dino Bravo & Tony Atlas vs The Russians

Blackjack Mulligan vs Ron Bass w/ Jack Lanza

Montreal, Quebec, Canada – Montreal Forum

MAIN EVENT

Hulk Hogan, Dino Bravo, & Andre the Giant defeated John Studd, King Kong Bundy, & Kamala w/ Bobby Heenan & Roddy Piper

HAIR VS HAIR MATCH

Tito Santana vs Brutus Beefcake

-Greg Valentine got involved to cost Tito the match and then they began to cut his hair until Tony Atlas came out for the save!

Randy Savage © vs Harley Race went to a 30-minute draw

It's a nice, realistic touch to have a "blah-ish" main event once in a while. Not every match can be a barn-burner.

Considering how hugely over Dino Bravo & Andre were in Montreal, it's anything but "blah-ish". Crowd must've gone nuts for this. In an odd way, Hogan probably was the lesser attraction in this main event...unless you were talking about Wrestling Challenge?

It's a nice, realistic touch to have a "blah-ish" main event once in a while. Not every match can be a barn-burner.

Considering how hugely over Dino Bravo & Andre were in Montreal, it's anything but "blah-ish". Crowd must've gone nuts for this. In an odd way, Hogan probably was the lesser attraction in this main event...unless you were talking about Wrestling Challenge?

Yeah I think he's talking about the tv show. the House show would have been HOTTT!

lol, yeah: Hulk Hogan, Dino Bravo, & Andre the Giant vs John Studd, King Kong Bundy, & Kamala w/ Bobby Heenan & Roddy Piper could be a lot of things, but "blah-ish" isn't one of them.

Nice thing about Scott Casey vs Ron Bass w/ Jack Lanza is, even though LowBlow himself described it as blahish, it still builds toward the WrestleMania card. One of those cases where the post-match is more important than the match itself.

250px-WWF_Superstars_Of_Wrestling.jpg

WWF Superstars

Vince McMahon & Jesse the Body Ventura

Matches from Brantford, Ontario, Canada – The Civic Centre

The Fantastics defeated Omar Atlas& Barry Horowitz

Jimmy Hart: With WrestleMania only one-week away baby I can feel it! I have got the Anvil and the Hitman ready! Bobby Fulton… Tommy Rogers… I don’t think your future is going to look to bright after we deliver you a Hart Attack!

The Machines defeated SD Jones & Tony Zane

Bobby Heenan: Ohhh the big mystery… who are the Machines… well at WrestleMania… I don’t care if there are 2 of you… 3 of your… or even 4 of you! We are going to rip those masks off and show the world you ugly faces and put you out of wrestling for good!

Nikita Koloff w/ Ivan defeated Bob Scott

Tony Atlas: Lemme tell all the pople out there right now that Mr. USA Tony Atlas is joining forces with Mr. Canada, Dino Bravo. We are the World’s Strongest Tag Team and Russians… we coming for ya baby… Nikita Koloff… you big ugly… I am going to show you why I am the strongest man in professional wrestling!

Jake Roberts defeated Rick McGraw

Randy Savage: OHHHH YEAAAHHH… Jake Roberts the time is drawing closer and the Macho Man can feel it from my nose to my toes… brother WrestleMania… the bright lights and the millions of people are going to see the MACHO MAN reign SUPREME DIG IT!

Dynamite Kid w/ Davey Boy vs Gino Hernandez w/ Chris Adams

-A very fun main event with Dynamite and Gino putting on a great 12-minute contest. The crowd is really getting after Gino and Adams who are really working on a grand stage for the first time in their careers but they have got some great heat. In the end, we see Gino attempting to cheat before Davey Boy gets involved leading to Chris Adams nailing a NASTY superkick that knocks Dynamite right out before Gino covers him for the 3 count. Davey chases off the Mexican champs as this one is heating up before WrestleMania!

EVENT CENTER

WrestleMania

MAIN EVENT

WWF CHAMPIONSHIP

TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

INTERNATIONAL CHALLENGE

Dino Bravo & Tony Atlas vs The Russians

Blackjack Mulligan vs Ron Bass w/ Jack Lanza

3/24

Toronto, Ontario, Canada – Maple Leaf Gardens

MAIN EVENT

Hulk Hogan & Andre the Giant defeated John Studd, King Kong Bundy, & Bobby Heenan

Kamala defeated Jim Brunzell

“King” Harley Race w/ Bobby Heenan defeated Tito Santana

-Greg Valentine got involved

The Hart Foundation w/ Jimmy Hart defeated Tony Atlas & Dino Bravo

-A lot of issues with Bravo and Atlas and even the crowd booing Bravo and chanting Lutte during his match