Pro Wrestling Only

UNIVERSAL WRESTLING FEDERATION (UWF)

kevinmcfl

Good grief that Houston card is stacked! Magnum looks great as he tunes up for Nikita. Could Reed be heading for a face turn??? The Texas Tornados just might be the sleeper team in the tournament. Road Warriors/Warrior and Devastation Inc have a great brawl, which is a perfect way for the Road Warriors to get ready for Brody and Hansen in Houston.

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HIYxdeH.jpg?3

UWF WRESTLING FROM THE SAM HOUSTON COLISEUM: 4/14/86

zF9IXOW.jpg?1

Superstar Billy Graham delights the crowd with a win over Rip Rogers with the Bearhug.

Dick Murdoch defeated Ray Candy with the Brainbuster which Murdoch used after Ron Wright clobbered Candy with his Chisel” (Brass Knuckles)

Mil Mascaras amazed with his aerial tactics and defeated the huge Warlord with Skandar Akbar. Mascaras finished off the Warlord with a top rope corkscrew plancha and then to the delight of the fans, he hit another one on Skandar Akbar. Mascaras looed like he manhandled the Warlord but much of this was that he refused to sell any of the young Warlord’s power moves.

The Rock n Roll Express defeated the Nightmares with a Double Dropkick on Davis. This match started with a handshake but ended with the two teams at each other’s throats. As much as the Nightmares tried to gain an advantage, the RnR always seemed to be one step ahead. This victory should give Morton & Gibson an NWA National Title shot against Jim Cornett’s Midnight Express.

UWF Continental Title Match: Dirty Dick Slater with Jim Cornette vs Bob Armstrong wrestled to a Double Count out as the two brawled all over the arena floor.

Jeff Jarrett defeated Rip Oliver which forces Rip Oliver out of the UWF. Oliver controlled the entire match against the youngster but as the action spilled out onto the floor, Exotic Adrian Street and Miss Linda came down to ringside where Street distracted the ref. This allowed Miss. Linda to spray the perfume in the eyes of Oliver. Street then came over and rolled Oliver back into the ring. Oliver was flailing around as he couldn’t see a thing. Jarrett simply came up from behind and rolled him up for the 1…2…3. This was sweet revenge for both Jarrett, Street and Miss Linda who have been wronged by Oliver in recent weeks.

The Ultimate Warrior with Paul Ellering continues to be white hot of late as he defeated the Russian Bear Ivan Koloff with the Warrior Smash. This match had a good back and forth which allowed the fans to see the Warrior get the adrenaline flowing when Ivan had him down. From the matt, to one knee to standing up, the Warrior continued to just No Sell blow after blow until you saw the look on Ivan’s face as he knew he was in a world of trouble. The Warrior truly endeared himself to the fans as he grabbed an American flag from a fan and ran all over Sam Houston Coliseum celebrating his win against the hated Russian.

Four Corner Elimination Match: Winner gets an NWA World Tag Team Title Match against the Road Warriors: The Texas Tornados vs The Long Riders vs Devastation Inc vs The Nation of Domination

This one was real interesting from the beginning as all three members of the Nation of Domination (Hacksaw Reed, Bad Bad LeRoy Brown and Tony Atlas) followed Ernie Ladd to ringside. When Ladd told Reed to go back to the locker room as he was not involved in this match, Reed snapped. He had been putting up with the Nation of Domination for a while now and Ladd designating him to low man on the totem pole here was all he could take. In a wild seen, Reed speared both Brown and Atlas with huge football tackles before hitting Ladd with the Gorilla Press Slam. As the ref called for the bell, Atlas was in the ring staggering to his feet as Dr. Death leveled him with a football tackle of his own. As quickly as this match started, the Nation of Domination was eliminated. After about 5 minutes, the Barbarian hits a top rope shoulder block on Black Bart to eliminate the Long Riders. The fans watched on praying that the Texas Tornados could come out on top but it was not meant to be as Dr. Death was like a caged animal that was unleashed on his pray. Dr. Death hit the Oklahoma Stampede on Houston and the Barbarian came off the top rope with another shoulder block. This one on Windham to prevent the save. If the Road Warriors survive the next match, they will have their hands full.

NWA World Tag Team Title Match: The Road Warriors with Paul Ellering vs Stan Hansen & Bruiser Brody

This wild brawl ended in a no contest as after about 8 minutes, Devastation Inc decided they wanted their title shot right now and came down. This didn’t sit well with either the Road Warriors or Hansen & Brody. All 6 men went at it like you have never seen before as the locker room had to empty to regain the peace. Ellering delighted the crowd here with a chair shot on Akbar.

UWF Title Match: Nikita Koloff vs Magnum T.A.

So far tonight, the fans have liked the outcome of most of the matches but nothing would compare to T.A. winning the title. In this classic we saw each man connect with power move after power move including the Russian Sickle by Koloff and the Belly to Belly by Magnum but each time, it was too close to the ropes and their opponent was able to get their leg across it. The match ended with a double clothesline on each other as the bell sounded signaling a 30 minute draw,

Great card...perhaps the most amazing thing to picture is the thought of Dick Murdoch giving the nearly 400lb Ray Candy a brainbuster.

Some great matches here that would have served well to draw in a building that's been ran bi-weekly for the past several months by World Class, the only problem I could see that could hurt from drawing next time around is the non finishes in the Semi-Main and Main Event.

Man what an action packed card in Houston! As Gordi mentioned, poor Rip Oliver, bald and sent packing. Liked seeing Superstar getting the crowd pumped up. Warrior might of got his biggest win of his career thus far against The Russian Bear. I liked your match description for Mascaras. Looks like RnR is next for the Midnight Express. The 4 corners match was super fun. Reed has made the turn! Williams and Barbarian are looking dominant as they head for a titanic clash with the Road Warriors. That brawl between 6 of the best brawlers in the world was insane. Magnum and Nikita tear the house down! Cant wait for the rematch. Awesome job!

Good points Gene. Probably missed the finish with Murdoch as Candy is a bit too big. Also, I probably painted myself into a corner with the Semi Main and the Main as I was not ready to end either angle.

No worries, I do that a lot...I struggle with trying not to do too many screwy finishes which is hard not to do when you have as many angles at once like we both do.....great show all around.

Great set-up show for a huge card in Houston.

Nightmares will have something to say next week. Not sure I like Jeff getting his win because of Street. Big win for Warrior. Four man elimination tag was great. Reed finally turning on the Nation was a long time coming. I'd agree the amount of screwy stuff might turn off some fans, but also there are a lot of angles and it's hard to job big names clean right in the middle of them.

HIYxdeH.jpg?3

4/19/1986

TULSA, OKLAHOMA

TULSA CONVENTION CENTER

(First Hour)

Hello everybody. Welcome to UWF Wrestling production. We are coming to you from the Tulsa Convention Center. I am Jim Ross and my partner today is my old friend Cowboy Bill Watts. The UWF is very excited to announce a new format for our television show. We will now be coming to you each and every week with a two hour show from one venue instead of two, one hour shows from two different locations.

Cowboy Bill Watts: That’s right Jiman amazing show instore for you tonight. We have so much to get to that two hours might not be enough. Let’s get to the ring where we are in for a treat.

Match

NWA World Champ Rick Martel defeats Mike Graham by submission with the Boston Crab

This was a nice scientific match that began and ended with a handshake. Martel was just a little too tough for Graham who really looked good here. Rick Martel came over to the interview desk where he said he was happy to be back in the UWF and he knows that he is in for a battle this week where he will be facing the Russian Nightmare in a 2 out of 3 falls match in Baton Rouge.

Jim Ross: Wow, that is going to be something to see as was last week’s card from Houston. Take a look at this video clip.

Four Corner Elimination Match: Winner gets an NWA World Tag Team Title Match against the Road Warriors:

The Texas Tornados vs The Long Riders vs Devastation Inc vs The Nation of Domination

This one was real interesting from the beginning as all three members of the Nation of Domination (Hacksaw Reed, Bad Bad LeRoy Brown and Tony Atlas) followed Ernie Ladd to ringside. When Ladd told Reed to go back to the locker room as he was not involved in this match, Reed snapped. He had been putting up with the Nation of Domination for a while now and Ladd designating him to low man on the totem pole here was all he could take. In a wild seen, Reed speared both Brown and Atlas with huge football tackles before hitting Ladd with the Gorilla Press Slam. As the ref called for the bell, Atlas was in the ring staggering to his feet as Dr. Death leveled him with a football tackle of his own. As quickly as this match started, the Nation of Domination was eliminated.

After the video, the Nation of Domination is at the interview desk

Ernie Ladd: This is a sad, sad day. Not for the Nation of Domination but for Hacksaw Reed. He couldn’t accept being part of a team, being a part of a greater cause. He always thought it was about him; that he was the man. Well it was never about you Hacksaw Reed. It was about the Nation of Domination. Your jealousy got the best of you. The best chance we had the other night was for Bad Bad LeRoy Brown and Tony Atlas to be in the tag match but you couldn’t handle it. Well now the Nation has turned against one of its own. You are all alone. You have crossed everyone in the UWF. Nobody is going to stand by your side and help you as we tear you apart piece by piece.

As the Nation walks off, we hear that awful sound WE ARE… THE NATION… OF DOMINATION playing over and over again.

COMMERCIAL

Match

Tommy Rich defeats Larry Cheatum with a Lou Thesz Press

When Rich gets over to the interview desk, Jim Ross shows us the video from last week’s TV show where Wildfire faced Dirty Dick Slater for the UWF Continental Title.

Wham … the ref gets caught by Wildfire after Slater whipped him into the ropes. With the ref down, Cornette sees his opening and pulls out a pair of brass knuckles from his white blazer. He tosses them to Slater but the toss goes astray and Wildfire grabs them. With the ref down, Wildfire doesn’t think twice and clocks Slater. Cornette is beside himself as Eddie Gilbert and Missy Hyatt rush to the ring. Cornette jumps in his way to try and prevent him from getting in the ring which would cost Slater the belt. Gilbert simply tosses Cornette aside. Wildfire simply walks over and covers Slater as the ref pulls himself up by the ropes but before he can make the three count, Gilbert, from the arena floor, grabs the ref and drags him out of the ring and all the way back up the ramp. As the show comes to an end, we see Wildfire on top of Slater but with no ref to make the count and the screen fades to black.

Before Jim Ross asks Rich what is going on between him and Eddie Gilbert, Cowboy Bill Watts informs us that due to his reckless behavior in recent weeks, Eddie Gilbert has been banned from today’s show. Tommy Rich informs us that these situation goes farther than his feud with Eddie Gilbert up in Memphis and is because Eddie Gilbert must have found out that he and Missy Hyatt had a rather steamy past.

All of a sudden, Missy Hyatt rushes out and smacks Rich across the face as she is crying.

Missy Hyatt: What is wrong with you? You promised you would never say anything! What is wrong with you?

Tommy Rich: What is wrong with me? You two come barging back into the UWF and cost me the Continental Title and I am supposed to worry about your feelings and how insecure that clown of a boyfriend of yours is. Tell that loser when I get my hands on him, nobody is going to want him.

We do find out that it will be Wildfire vs Hotstuff Eddie Gilbert this week in the Mid-South Coliseum.

MATCH

Lex Luger with Baby Doll vs Brutus Beefcake

Lawler was in complete control and just about to hoist Beekcake up into the Backbreaker Rack when Dr. D David Schultz comes up from behind and just kisses Baby Doll. Luger saw this and went wild. Luger and Schultz brawled all over the arena floor and the ref had no choice but to count out Luger. Since Beekcake won by count-out, he did not win the Southern Title.

This brawl was so big, the locker room emptied to regain control. Surprisingly, Baby Doll stood off to the side with a bit of a smirk!

COMMERCIAL

MATCH

Jeff Jarrett & Brad Armstrong defeat Homer O’Dell & Verlon Biggs as Jarrett caught Biggs in the Figure 4

Exotic Adrian Street and Miss. Linda joined the winning team at the interview desk where they hype up the fact that Jarrett beat Rip Oliver last week forcing Oliver out of the UWF. Jim Ross did reprimand Street and Miss. Linda as it was Linda’s perfume that ultimately doomed in Oliver.

Exotic Adrian Street: What do they say in America? What is good for the goose is good for the ugly goon?

Jim Ross does remind Street that the Hollywood Blondes are searching for success and that he better be ready as he will be facing Buddy Landell later in the show.

MATCH

Ole Anderson defeats Moondog Moretti by submission with the Anderson Armbar

Anderson was really rugged and the fans were nervous as he grabbed the microphone and called out Magnum T.A. These two have had some battles of late as Ole was often called on by J.J. Dillion to stop T.A. from ever getting to close to Ric Flair. Magnum does come out to the ring and you could just feel the tension rising in the air.

Ole Anderson: I hear you got some Russian problem now Magnum. I will give it to you, you always go after the big boys. You wanted a piece of Ric Flair so badly that everyone in MACW could taste it. Now you are here in the UWF and you are going after the Russian Nightmare. I know we have never been on the same page but maybe you heard what went down over there in the Carolinas. Ric Flair, Arn Anderson and Tully Blanchard sold out! That’s right, the signed with the evil empire up North. James J. Dillion told me what to do one too many times and I knocked him out. Now I am here in the UWF and I am about to say something I thought I would never say. I was wrong. You were right. The Horsemen are everything that is wrong in this sport and so are the Russians. If you want to beat Nikita, I can help you. Ivan was my old partner when I really couldn’t see the forest through the trees. I know every trick good old Uncle Ivan knows. Let’s do this together.

Ole actually extends his hand but Magnum is unsure what to do until someone actually placed the video of Ole knocking out Dillion up on the big board. Magnum relaxes just a bit as the two shake hands as the crowd erupts!

COMMERCIALL

MATCH

Exotic Adrian Street with Miss. Linda vs Buddy Landell

Exotic Adrian Street has been feuding with the Hollywood Blondes since he arrived in the UWF but now that Street has aided in Rip Oliver being forced out, the feud has amped up a bit. This match showed a more aggressive Landell but this was one of his problems. The dancing and prancing Exotic One was always one step ahead of the Nature boy. Unfortunately, the ref took a blow and was down. Seeing an opportunity to help his fellow Hollywood Blonde, Rip Rogers rushed out and went right after Miss. Linda. Probably remembering the attack by Oliver, Linda took off in fear but she dropped her perfume bottle.

Landell was able to hold Street as Rogers came in with the perfume. He was about to blind Exotic Adrian but a perfectly timed back kick to the private area allowed him to break free. Rogers actually sprayed Landell in the eyes. In shock, Rogers lost focus and got caught with his own low blow and he rolled out of the ring howling. Just as the ref recovered, Street caught Landell in the crucifix for the submission victory. Miss Linda came back out and hit a well-placed kick of her own to Rip Rogers!

Cant wait for Martel/Nikita! Two hot feuds are in the making with Reed vs. The Nation and Rich vs.Gilbert. Speaking of feuds, Luger and Dr. D have a great brawl. Hmmmm, I wonder what's going through the head of Baby Doll. Ole makes a great debut in UWF and forms an alliance with Magnum TA! Wow! Didn't see that coming. Street continues to have the upper hand on the Blondes.

TgMwVvn.jpg?1

4/12/1986

TULSA, OKLAHOMA

(HOUR #2)

Match:

The Midnight Express with Jim Cornette defeated Brett Wayne Sawyer & Dixie Dynamite #1 as Condrey raked the eyes of Dynamite and Eaton hit the Alabama Jammer

At the interview desk, Dirty Dick Slater joined Cornette and the Express as Cornette was bragging about all his champions. Jim Ross wondered if any of them would be champions if they actually had to follow the rules. Cornette threatened Mother’s lawyers but Jim Ross wasn’t fazed. Cowboy Bill Watts interrupted and let Cornett and the Midnight Express know that they better be ready for Monday night at the Mid-South Coliseum as they will be defending the NWA National Tag titles against the Rock n Roll Express. Cornette was fuming but as the interview ended, Dirty Dick Slater whispered something into his ear and Cornette seemed to leave with a smile on his face!

Match

Hacksaw Butch Reed beat Boomer Smith with the Gorilla Press Slam

Reed was not used to getting the applause but didn’t seem too interested either way. At the interview desk, Reed agreed with Ernie Ladd’s earlier comments that he is really without friends in the UWF but does seem to hint that he is not completely alone and is ready to destroy the Nation of Domination.

Hacksaw Reed: Ernie Ladd, listen up closely…. Before you try to set me and do something stupid like attack me in the parking lot, us All-Americans stick together and WE will be ready for ya’ll.

Jim Ross: We? Who is we?

Hacksaw Reed: Everyone will find out at the right time!

COMMERCIAL

Before our next match, the Koloffs are at the interview desk letting everyone know they better pbut the ambulance on notice for this Thursday in Jackson as Rick Martel is going to get squashed like the little bug he is.

Match:

Bob Armstrong defeated Frank Dalton with the Georgia Jawbreaker

During the match, Ron Wright and his army, Murdoch, Ottman and Von Raschke surround the ring but before they can attack, Ron Fuller and Ray Candy come out to even the sides. Wright’s army decides that discretion is the better part of valor and head to the locker roon. Armstrong and his allies really hype up their unity and they are ready for Ron Wright and his War against the Unchristian Wrestlers!

Magnum T.A. defeats Hacksaw Higgins with the Belly to Belly in under a minute.

Magnum T.A. warns his good friend Rick Martel to keep his eyes open this week in Jackson as the Koloffs cannot be trusted. This brings out Ivan and Nikita who begin to get in the face of T.A. but the World Champ comes out to even the sides. We get a great Koloff vs Martel and T.A. standoff here where the crowd wants to see a huge explosion but nothing happens except for the fact that Jim Ross hypes the title match in Jackson as much as he could!

COMMERCIAL

Before the next match, Jim Ross brings out the new NWA 6 Man Champions; the Fabulous Freebirds who give a promo like only they could. They are so excited to have these titles as they feel it fits them perfectly and they know no other team will ever be able to walk all the way down Bad Street and take the belts from them.

MATCH

Mil Mascaras defeats Jerry Musher with a top rope corkscrew plancha.

During the match, a fuming Skandar Akbar comes to the interview desk where he is upset that Mil Mascaras was allowed to break all the rules last week in Dothan against the Warlord and he vowed revenge but for right now he is more interested in the NWA World 6 Man titles. Akbar calls out Dr. Death, the Barbarian and the Warlord.

Skandar Akbar: Not sure who the Freebirds think they are. We just heard them say that nobody could take their titles. Well I promise you my 3 monsters here would have no problem bringing those titles home to my stable.

The crowd erupts as the Fabulous Freebirds hit the arena floor. Terry Gordy goes right after Dr. Death, Michael Hayes is squared off with the Warlord and Buddy Roberts is attacking the Barbarian with a chair.

In a bit of a surprise, the Freebirds really whoop up on the Devastation Inc. Maybe it was the surprise attack but they took no prisoners here as they used any weapon they could find. Eventually Akbar calls his men to retreat as the Freebirds once again head over to the interview desk.

Michael Hayes: If you are gong to be the bullies you better be able to back it up Jack! Devastation Inc. you can’t back it up. You could never even step on Bad Street; never mind make it to the last house on the block where we live. And what was that Akbar. You mouth off and then run for cover?

Terry Gordy: Oh, Steve Williams. We have some unfinished business and I promise you we gonna be knockin some heads this week! BAM BAM STYLE!

Buddy Roberts: (in a perfect whiskey voice) Like Michael said. We hate bullies and just to show you how much we hate bullies. We are willing to put the NWA 6 Man titles on the line this week in the Mid-South Coliseum just to get a piece of you.

As the show comes to an end, Watts let’s everyone know that it will be Devastation Inc vs the Fabulous Freebirds at the Mid-South Coliseum.

I wonder if the little mishap Gordy suffered tonight when he lost the National Heavyweight Championship to Satanico because of Michael Hayes will sway the Freebirds' focus a bit vs Devastation Inc. They're gonna need all of it if they wanna beat them!

TlS8y7B.jpg?7

MAJOR UWF SHOWS FOR THE WEEK OF 4/20/86

MEMPHIS, TENNESSEE: MID-SOUTH COLISEUM: 4/21/1986

DJ Peterson defeats Verlon Biggs with a powerslam

Texas Tornados (Sam Houston & Kendell Windham) defeat Brett Sawyer & Mike Graham with a Double Bulldog on Sawyer in a nice babyface vs babyface bout.

Dick Murdoch with Ron Wright destroyed Pez Whatley as he once again hit back to back Brainbusters. Murdoch seemed like he really had some built-in hatred here towards Pez.

Ron Fuller & Bob Armstrong defeated Big Bubba Ottman and Baron Von Rashke with Ron Wright as Armstrong hit a Georgia Jawbreaker on Baron. The problem came just before the pin as Wright jumped up on the ring apron to give Baron the knucklebuster. Fuller saw it and went after Wright and chased him all the way back to the locker room. This left Armstrong at a 2-1 disadvantage. Ottman came in just after the three count and leveled the Bullet. The big man than dragged Armstrong over to the corner and Ottman climbed to the top rope and come off with a Giant Slash. By the time Fuller returned, the damage was done and Armstrong had to be helped from the ring.

Tommy Rich and Eddie Gilbert who was without Missy Hyatt fought to a Double Count-out as they brawled all over the arena. The amount of blood spilled here shows feud may just be beginning but it is already white hot!

NWA NATIONAL TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP: The Midnight Express defeated the Rock n Roll Express as this time Jim Cornette brought a megaphone to the ring and found a way to use it as a weapon as he clocked Gibson over the head allowing Eaton to hit the Alabama Jam for the pin.

NWA WORLD 6 MAN TITLE: The Freebirds defeated Devastation Inc. (Dr. Death, Konga and the Warlord) as Michael Hayes outsmarted the Warlord as he played possum and the Warlord rushed in only to be rolled up for the 3 count. Hayes had taken a pretty good beating here but always has some trick up his sleeve. It is also obvious from this one that anytime Gordy and Williams are in the same ring there is going to be chaos. These two big horses hit some of the biggest power moves on each other as they still have a lot of unfinished business. Akbar was claiming Hayes pulled the trunks to get the pin but to no avail.

BATON ROUGE, LOUISIANA: RIVERSIDE CENTROPLEX: 4/24/1986

Superstar Billy Graham defeats Larry Cheatum with the Bearhug.

Exotic Adrian Street defeats Brut Beefcake with the Sleeper

Brad Armstrong & Jeff Jarrett defeat the Hollywood Blondes (Rip Rogers and Buddy Landell) as Rogers got caught with the Russian Legsweep by Brad. Landell lost focus as he was after JJ on the outside of the ring and was unable to make the save.

LeRoy Brown with Ernie Ladd defeated Ray Candy with a middle rope flying elbow that followed up a Big Boot by Ladd.

Hacksaw Butch Reed defeated Tony Atlas with Ernie Ladd by DQ as Ladd got involved. Ladd then called in other Nation of Domination member LeRoy Brown and the 3-1 attack on Reed really caused some damage.

NWA World Tag Team Title Match: The Road Warriors with Paul Ellering defeated the Long Riders (Bass & Bart) with the Doomsday Device as Hawk crushed Bart.

UWF Southern States Title Match: Lex Luger with Baby Doll defeated Dr. D David Schultz with the Rack Attack. As the action spilled outside Baby Doll got involved by planting a big kiss on the face of Dr. D. Schultz lost focused and as he staggered onto the ring, Luger caught him. Luger was not so happy with Baby Doll after the match.

NWA World Title Match: 2 OUT OF 3 FALLS: After about 18 minutes, the first fall comes to an end as Nikita Koloff caught the World Champ with a Russian Sickle and got the 3-count. According to the rules, there was a one minute break between falls and Nikita and Ivan took full advantage as Ivan brought in the Russian Chain and beat Martel all over the ring. As soon as the minute ended, the ref called for the bell and DQ Nikita for the second fall. This all seemed like a plan as Martel was now in no shape for the third fall and all Nikita had to do was pin Martel as soon as the minute rest period was up and he would be World champ.

After about 45 seconds, Magnum TA rushes to the ring. Ivan tries to stop him from getting into the ring but a quick Belly to Belly Suplex gets rid of him. Nikita rushes at T.A. as he enters the ring but Magnum ducks under the Sickle and catches Nikita in the Belly to Belly. The ref calls for the bell and announces Nikita is the winner of the bout by DQ! The fans are booing until they realize the title doesn’t change hands on a DQ. Magnum T.A. has saved the day and has splattered Koloffs all over the arena. As he helps Martel back to the locker room, the crowd is giving a standing ovation!

Definitely shows that you have a ton of talent to work with here, putting on two big shows with totally different line-ups and giving both crowds their money's worth.

I think that "outsmarting the Warlord" is definitely the best way to get past Devastation Inc.