Pro Wrestling Only

UNIVERSAL WRESTLING FEDERATION (UWF)

kevinmcfl

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That Omni card already looks like a big deal. Doom and Dr. Death will be a big challenge for the Freebirds. Road Warriors are really making their rounds in the NWA. I like this Demon gimmick for Adams. US Express/Iran Cuban Assassins program could be one of those mid card gem feuds. Classic Mid South face turn for Slater. Very well done. Cornette really made that work. Slater brawling with Bubba, yea I'm all for it. Taylor/Murdoch will be a good match but Taylor should keep his eyes on Wright. I wonder how long Dibiase can keep up this pace? He's going to have to deal with Terry Funk in WCCW and now he's dealing with JYD in the UWF. Ladd has some strong words and it looks like there's more to come. The UWF is on fire right now. 

13 hours ago, SirEdger said:

Ah, the dreaded X to censor a bloody beating. Always effective! Great turn of events in the main event. Corny will rue the day he treated Dick Slater the way he did!

Yeah, that big red X is a really nice bit of 80s nostalgia.

I can't wait to see what the Freebirds have up their sleeves to counter Doom & Doc.

TlS8y7B.jpg?9

MAJOR UWF SHOWS FOR THE WEEK OF 7/28/86 

ST. LOUIS, MISSOURI:  KIEL AUDITORIUM

Sean Royal beats Killer Tim Brooks with a top rope knee dive.

US Express (Kendall Windham & Mike Rotundo) beat the Cuban Assassin & the Iranian Assassin when Windham hit the Iranian Assassin with the Running Bulldog.  This match really got the fans in it as they were fuming with the Assassins for their Anti-American rhetoric and then the US Express came out to Bruce Springsteen and “Born in the USA” and the crowd was hooked.  

Robert Fuller with Ron Wright beat Grizzly Boone as Wright hit Boone with a cane when the ref was distracted by the Tennessee Stud.  The crowd still got what they wanted as Boone got even with Wright as he hit him with a Giant Splash!       

UWF Tag Team Title Match:  Jeff Jarrett and Brad Armstrong wrestled the Long Riders with Ron Wright who was now in a wheelchair after the Giant Splash from Boone, do a double count-out as the Long Riders found out that the champs have no problem mixing it up.           

Jerry “the King” Lawler beats Honky Tonk Man with a piledriver and then to the delight of the crowd steals HTM’s guitar and cracks him over the head with it.

UWF Continental Title Match:  Terry Taylor & Dick Murdoch with Ron Wright (still in his wheelchair) wrestle to a 20 minute draw that was more fists than headlocks. 

Magnum T.A defeats Ole Anderson with a belly to belly suplex.  Ole tried every dirty trick in the book by T.A. was hellbent on revenge!  Ivan Koloff hit the ring after the 3 count to try and help Ole but T.A. caught him with a belly to belly suplex for his troubles.

NWA World Title Match:  Kerry VonErich defeats Nikita Koloff with the Tornado Punch.  This match featured big move after big move and even saw Kerry survive the Russian Sickle by getting his foot on the ropes.  Ivan and Ole accompanied Nikita to the ring but after they got involved once, Magnum and Lawler. came out to even out the sides.  While Nikita and Kerry battled it out in the ring, T.A. and Lawler took care of Ivan and Ole    

Shreveport, Louisiana:  Municipal Memorial Auditorium

Atlantis beats Action Jackson with a Top Rope Plancha

Scott Doring beats the Demon (Brian Adams in a red mask) with a powerslam

The Fab Ones beat Memphis Vice when Lane followed up a Big Boot by Ladd on Bryant with a Superkick

Buddy Landell beat Bullet Bob Armstrong with a Figure 4 in a rather clean match by Landell

Big Boss Man with Jim Cornette vs Dirty Dick Slater ended in a DDQ as they both went wild.  In the end, we saw Bossman hold Slater as Cornette hit Slater with the tennis racket and then Bossman clocked Slater in the back of the head with a night stick.

JYD beat the Warlord with Skandar Akbar with a Big Thump

NWA World 6 Man Title Match:  The Freebirds defeated Steve “Dr. Death” Williams & Doom as somehow Buddy Jack Roberts came off the top rope with some sort of slapjack and clocked Ron Simmons in the back of the head.  This happened as Gordy and Dr. Death were brawling outside the ring and Hacksaw Reed had Michael Hayes up for the Gorilla Slam.  Roberts had given Simmons a low blow while the ref was dealing with the chaos and then he climbed the top rope and pulled out the foreign object and went to work.

UWF Southern Title Match:  Lex Luger with Baby Doll and Ernie Ladd defeated Iceman with the Torture Rack.  Between Ladd and Baby Doll, the ref had his hands full and Luger took a few liberties with the rules.  Iceman did go for one Butt Bump but Baby Doll actually grabbed Luger as he came off the ropes to prevent any contact.

NWA National Tag Title Match:  The Rock n Roll Express defeated the Midnight Express with the Double Drop Kick on Condrey.  Cornette had jumped up on the apron and was about to use the tennis racket when Dick Slater rushed to the ring all bandaged up and grabbed the racket and clobbered Cornette. 

Classic 80s match with the US Express and Assassins. The good ol days of wrestling, when wrestlers came out to mainstream songs. Boone might of loss the match but he did some serious damage to Wright. I like this Jarrett/Armstrong-Long Riders feud because it's showing that the champs can brawl when they need to. Honky Tonk Man might of bitten off more than he could chew with Lawler. Taylor and Murdoch is turning into a nice feud. Magnum gets some sweet revenge on Ole. Kerry wins the rematch with Nikita, solidifying him as a real deal champion. Kerry has some real momentum going now. 

Landell scores an impressive win over Bullet Bob. Feuding with Slater will only elevate Bossman. Chaotic 6 man title bout as the Freebirds found a way to win. Obviously Williams and Gordy have unfinished business. The numbers game was just to much for Parsons as Luger retains. You can never wrong with a RnR/Midnight Express main event. RnR sends the fans home happy and Slater nailing Cornette was a bonus. 

In St. Louis, you have both "Magnum and T.A." come out to even out the odds. :)

In Shreveport you have Buddy Jack hit Ron Simmons in the head with "some sort of flapjack." It took me a second to realize you meant "flapjack" as in "slapjack." At first I imagined Buddy Jack using a pancake, a la New Day :lol: That actually seems fair, considering how much New Day have borrowed from the 'Birds. 

Pretty good stuff here from the UWF with a lot of people finding the right spots to fit in not only here but in the scope of the NWA. I don't know if Ron Simmons would really be ready for a Doom style run at this point but you've done well enough building him up.  I am also a fan of the Luger and Ladd pairing. They could work off of each other quite well and Luger is always in need of some extra pomp with his circumstance. 

Gordy 

Thanks for catching my typos.  That should have been T.A. and Lawler making the save.  

I agree with you Lowblow that it is too soon for Doom but Rain did such a nice job of building Simmons up with him wrecking the Varsity Rush Club and Sullivan that I put the team together.  Simmons was also the Florida HW Champion in 1986 so he did have success right out of the box.  Putting him with Reed takes some pressure off him and also allows him to take some falls to slow play Doon just a bit... but not too much

Big win for the U.S. Express.  They will be all kinds of over with the mid-south and southeastern crowds.  Robert Fuller is a guy I need to see everything ever on tape from.  Seriously.  So I always like seeing him.  Poor Ron Wright.  Loving the idea of Jarrett and Brad mixing it up with the big, tough cowboys.  I would have gone nuts for that guitar shot.  Taylor and Murdoch is a fun brawl for sure.  Magnum is looking like a beast, which he should.  Kerry defending his title against Nikita really cements him as the new champ.  Two wins against the Russian Nightmare is pretty huge.

Atlantis gets a needed win.  Always excited to to see the Fabs win and I like this new, cleaner side of Landell.  BBM & Slater would have been an awesome brawl!  Big win for JYD and the Freebirds definitely got a Freebird style win.  Baby Doll as a heel manager makes so much sense.  RnRs & Midnights in the main is exactly where they should be.  Love it.

*Small correction here, but I think the Demon was supposed to win match 2 in Shreveport. 

HIYxdeH.jpg?4

8/2/1986

GARRETT COLISEUM:   MONTGOMERY, ALABAMA

(HOUR #1) 

The show opens with a video from this week’s event in St. Louis where we see Nikita Koloff slugging it out with NWA champ Kerry VonErich.  In the end we see Nikita going for the Russian Sickle but Kerry ducks under it and hits Nikita with the Tornado Punch for the victory. 

Hello everybody.  Welcome to UWF Wrestling. We are coming to you from Garrett Coliseum in Montgomery, Alabama.  I am Jim Ross and my partner today is once again wrestling legend Jack Brisco.  Well fans, you just saw it.  Kerry VonErich once again defeated the Russian Nightmare, Nikita Koloff.    

Ivan and Ole Anderson come to the interview area without Nikita Koloff.

Ivan Koloff:  I am sick and tired of you Americans gloating every time your cheating ways cause a superior Russian athlete to lose to an inferior American.  You never showed the videos of all the matches Nikita won!

Jack Brisco:  Speaking of the ex-champ.  Where is Nikita?

Ole Anderson:  Listen up Brisco… you are an ex-champ also.  We all are.  This is a tough sport and you know that!  The difference is in America we coddle our athletes when they loose.  Give them a soda pop and a few cookies.  That is why America is so soft!

Jim Ross:  Not sure that answered the question Ole.

Ivan Koloff:  Where is Nikita?  That’s none of your business but since we have nothing to hide, Nikita has been called home to Russia.  He will be back when they are finished with him.

Jack Brisco:  Finished with him?

Ole Anderson:  Ok enough of this crap.  Let’s focus on what is important and that is what is going to happen to Kendall Windham and Mike Rotundo this week in the Mid-South Coliseum.  Let’s just say that those do- gooders called the U.S. Express will be waving only one flag when Ivan and I are done with them and that is the White Flag! 

Match:  The Demon (Brain Adams in a red mask) beats Doug Smith with the Full Nelson Face Slam 

COMMERCIAL 

Buddy Landell defeats Kenneth McGhee with the Figure 4!

Once again, Jack Brisco went over to the ring to coach his pupil who really took care of business here.  When asked about his recent success, Landell credits Brisco and we see none of that Nature Boy arrogance we have seen in the past.  When asked about it, Landell deferred to Brisco who just said there is a time to gloat and we have not reached it yet. 

JYD beats Albert Denny with the Big Thump 

At the interview desk we found out that this week at the Omni it will be JYD vs Lex Luger for the UWF Southern Title.  As JYD is fired up about his title shot and how sick he is about Luger joining Ernie Ladd, Ladd, Luger and Baby Doll stroll out to the set.

Jim Ross:  Ummm, Mr. Ladd… this is not your scheduled time. 

Ernie Ladd:  The Perfect Alliance doesn’t need a scheduled time.  We do as what we want and when we want.  Now let’s talk about this title match between the Total Package and the Complete Dog.  I mean come on.  Did we not just see what happens to JYD when he faces top competition.  Ted Dibiase just left him face down in the center of the ring.

Jack Brisco:  Caused by a loaded glove I might add.

Ernie Ladd:  Let me finish.  I mean this is exactly what I am trying to prevent.  If my people are to rise up to the level we deserve, we have to earn it.  JYD has not earned a title shot.  This just giving people things out of pity will never help us achieve the greatness we deserve.  Look at me, pure greatness!

JYD:  (Howling at the moon)  If you are so great, why you keep getting kicked out of places like World Class.

Ernie Ladd:  Because they aren’t ready for me just like you aren’t ready for Lex Luger! 

Even though the situation was tense, peace prevailed as we will just have to wait until this week at the Omni to see two of the biggest names in the business go head to head. 

COMMERCIAL 

Devastation Inc (Barbarian and Haku) demolish the Dixie Dynamites 

At the interview desk, we hear Skandar Akbar talking about the NWA World Tag Team Match this week in the Omni between the Road Warriors and his Devastation Inc.

Skandar Akbar:  Last week we heard an interview from Animal and Hawk talking about how I turned them in causing them to lose their UWF tag titles because we were afraid of them.  Weeeellll Road Warriors, you seem to be mistaken.  We aren’t afraid of you one bit.  Just look at the facts.  It was Animal and Hawk who ran away from the UWF cause they were afraid of my men.  It was Animal and Hawk who refused to give my men a World title shot which we only now got because the NWA Board of Directors demanded the Road Warriors face us in the Omni.  Oh… one more thing.  Road Warriors…. Shine Our Belts! 

Atlantis defeats Jesse James with a Top Rope Plancha 

This masked man is really endearing himself to the fans as the love his aerial tactics.  Atlantis is loving the attention and is slapping hands with all the fans after his victory. 

COMMERCIAL 

Before our next match, Doom is interviewed about their upcoming #1 contender’s bout for the NWA National tag team titles against Ernie Ladd and his Fab Ones this week in the Omni.

Hacksaw Reed:  How many times am I going to have to beat Ernie Ladd or his men before he learns not to mess with the Hacksaw.

Ron Simmons:  Fab Ones, you have bitten off more than you can chew here.  Just watch what we are about to do to Devil’s Duo and maybe, just maybe you can talk some sense into your manager and he can give you the night off in Atlanta! 

Doom (Simmons & Reed) vs Devils Duo 

This one was all Simmons and Reed as they are just too much for the Devil’s Duo.  Even when Sword and Vines used some questionable tactics, Doom just overpowered them.  All of a sudden, Ernie Ladd leads the Fab Ones out for a sneak attack just as Simmons hit a Spine Buster on Sword for the three count.  Reed and Simmons saw the attack coming and were ready for it.  Seeing this, Lane and Keirn actually jumped down off the apron and decided discretion was the better part of valor.  The two reams end up just eyeing each other.  Doom is daring the Fab Ones to come into the ring but Ladd calls for the retreat. 

U.S. Express vs. Ole & Ivan?  Yes, please!  Good wins for Demon, Landell and JYD.  Landell and Brisco is becoming one of my favorite angles.  JYD vs. Luger sounds like a much more fun feud with Ladd in Luger's corner.  Loving the duplicity from Akbar.  Atlantis gets a much-needed TV win to help get over.  I'm trying to imagine a scenario when I didn't look forward to Doom s. the Fabs.  I really can't come up with one, two great teams.

Nice twist on real life with Kendall Windham teaming up with Mike Rotundo in the US Express. I think what I love most about your pairings in feuds is that you always got one guy that can elevate the other just by association and working with him. Landell with Jack Brisco is a nice pairing to build Landell as a babyface. And JYD being as over as he is, it only makes Lex Luger that much despicable as the heel champ.

Good build for two intriguing match ups. Doom and The Fab Ones is a great contrast of styles. Next you have arguably the biggest Mid South star ever, JYD taking on Hot heel Lex Luger. Add Ernie Ladd to the equation and this could be one money making feud. I like the build up for Atlantis. I also like the Landell/Brisco storyline and excited to see where this leads. Devastation Inc/Road Warriors will be an epic collision! I don't think Russia is going to be a vacation for Nikita. 

HIYxdeH.jpg?4

8/2/1986

GARRETT COLISEUM:   MONTGOMERY, ALABAMA

(HOUR #2) 

Jerry Lawler beats Mike Miller with a Piledriver 

Jerry Lawler:  You know something Jim Ross.  It was hard.  Really hard.  Fulfilling my contract in WCCW while listening to Wayne Ferris or as he is calling himself now, Honky Tonk Man, talking trash about me and my people in Memphis.  He was saying the King was a coward!  I mean he is still angry that I shoved a hot dog in his mouth in Tupelo a few years ago just to shut him up!  Now,  every time I call him out, he runs away.  I keep stealing his guitars and giving them away to get him angry enough to fight but he refuses.  He is the real coward but this week in the Mid-South Coliseum there will be no place to run.  We will be inside of a steel cage and I am about to shut you up for good! 

Non-Title Match

UWF Champion Magnum T.A. defeats Verlon Biggs with the Belly to Belly Suplex in under a minute 

The U.S. Express joins Magnum T.A. at the interview desk and all three talk about how things are changing around here for the good.  They stress how Nikita is no longer the World Champ and they joke about how he seems to have been sent to Siberia by the KGB.  Rotundo and Windham take a minute to hype up their match with Ivan Koloff and Ole Anderson this week at the Mid-South Coliseum.  The joking stops as they promise that Ivan will be joining Nikita in Siberia after what they are going to do to him.  We also find out that it will be Magnum vs Dick Murdoch for the UWF title in Memphis.

COMMERCIAL 

Dr. Death Steve Williams crushes The Gambler with a Football Tackle followed by the Oklahoma Stampede 

At the interview desk, Dr. Death is really pumped up for the end of Devastation Inc. 

Dr. Death:  Skandar Akbar you have finally bitten off more then you can chew. My buddies, the Road Warriors, are going take out Haku and the Barbarian and them I am going to complete the destruction of Devastation Inc. by crushing that freak who thinks he is from the Middle Ages, the Warlord.  Akbar thinks he can run me out of the UWF but he doesn’t realize that I got to many friends for that and after this week, he will be all alone.            

Big Bubba Rogers with Jim Cornette defeats Rocky Iaukea with a Sidewalk Slam 

Jim Corette:  Dick Slater… I am getting sick and tired of you costing the Midnight Express the NWA National tag titles.  You interfered last week in Shreveport and all of a sudden, Jim Cornette is interrupted  

Cowboy Bill Watts:  And you know what Jim Cornette.  I am getting sick and tired of you interfering in my title matches.  All Dick Slater did was stop you from using your tennis racket against the Rock n Roll Express!

Jim Cornette:  Watts you better not be accusing me of cheating.  Mother’s lawyers don’t take kindly to harassment.

Cowboy Bill Watts:  Well if you think that is harassment wait for this week in the Mid-South Coliseum where you will be handcuffed to me as the Midnight Express and this security guard behind me, Bubba Rogers,  face Dick Slater and the Rock n Roll Express.

Jim Cornette:  Are you out of your mind.  I aint going to handcuffed to you.  I mean you haven’t showered in weeks!

Cowboy Bill Watts:  Cornette… make all the jokes you want but I wasn’t done explaining the match.  If Slater and the Rock n Roll Express win the match, Dick Slater will get 5 minutes alone in the ring with you. 

Jim Cornette is going nuts as Watts simply walks off screen. 

COMMERCIAL 

Iceman Parsons defeats Rocky Iaukea with a Butt Bump 

Iceman continues to rebuild his relationship with the fans here as he is looking for and getting forgiveness for his short stint with Ernie Ladd.   

Sean Royal wrestles Brickhouse Brown to a 10-minute draw 

Both Jack Brisco and Jim Ross are really impressed with Royal here as they are surprised he got the draw against someone on the level as Brickhouse Brown 

COMMERCIAL 

In this segment, we first get a squash match win for Bullet Bob Armstrong and during his post-match interview he is joined by the UWF Continental Champion, Terry Taylor and the UWF Tag Team Champions, Brad Armstrong and Jeff Jarrett

Jim Ross:  Well it seems you guys will have you hands full this week with Ron Wright.

Bob Armstrong:  Well Jim, I think Ron Wright is going to have his hands full.  I will be there to make sure he doesn’t try any of his funny business!

Brad Armstrong:  This week in the Omni it will be me, JJ and my Dad against the Long Riders to put an end of them once and for all.  Last week they found out that their rough stuff doesn’t bother us!  Isn’t that right JJ? 

Jeff Jarrett:  Well last week Wright said that we better start praying the Long Riders don’t hurt us too much as they take our titles.  Well look here.  These titles are still around our waist and we are still as pretty as were before we cracked those cowboys over their heads.

Jim Ross:  And what about you Terry?   This week in the Omni you will also be facing one of Ron Wright’s Army members as you will be defending that Continental Title against the Tennessee Stud Ron Fuller.

Terry Taylor:  Ron Fuller stands up here and says he is too good to wrestle on TV.  I know one thing, he isn’t good enough to take this title from me. 

Ron Wright comes out and is in a wheelchair where he goes off on the Unchristianed.

Ron Wright:  I mean I have never seen such poorly mannered men in my life.  I suffered a heinous attack last week as you heathens sent Grizzly Boone out to attack me, an old man.  That 400 pound gorilla jumped on my legs and now the doctors don’t know if I will ever walk again.  Do you ask how I am?… No.  You just say what you ae going to do to my boys.  Well guess what?  They are coming for revenge…Right Now!

Wham…. Murdoch, Fuller, Ron Bass and Black Bart attack from behind and the brawl is on.  It is a wild scene here and it looks like it could either way until Grizzly Boone hits the scene and he is like a Wildman using his size to wreak havoc.

After Boone leaves Wright’s Army scattered around the arena Jim Ross wonders if Wright should have fired this angry monster!

That Lawler promo was really good.  I could hear Lawler saying that in my head.  Poor Nikita.  Magnum vs. Murdoch???  Hell yes!!  Dr. Death is looking fired up for Akbar.  Oh man, that Watts/Corny segment was gold.  So looking forward to that match.  Iceman, Royal and Armstrong get some maintenance wins, always a good thing.  That alliance against Wright is looking really tough.  I wonder if he maybe pissed off one big man too many in Grizzly Boone.