Pro Wrestling Only

Quotable wrestling

Loss

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(1) I unpin this to make room at the top of the page.

(2) You say you wish I wouldn't have done that because you just transcribed those promos.

(3) I say I wanted to do "I Just Copped" since it was getting less activity, but that I didn't want to offend you.

(4) You said that would be better.

(5) I do it.

(6) You say I should have left this unpinned after telling me I should repin it.

(7) I just give up trying to figure out what's going on.

Things will just be like this for now, I guess. I'd just prefer not to have more than three topics pinned to the top of the page, and that's all I was trying to fix. Nothing more.

Guest Tha Cunnysmythe

"The only reason anyone bought your book is because they were hoping you would die at the end of it." - Chris Jericho to Mick Foley

^Ah! One of my all time favourites. I practically die laughing every time I think of it.

"Hulk Hogan, we comin' for YOU, nigga!" - Booker T

^I have this on my PC somewhere.. The way he covers his face in shame is classic.

JR: I didn't know Chyna spoke Spanish, HHH. Are you bilingual as well?

HHH: I'm bi alot of things, JR but lingual ain't one of'em. ...wait a minute, did I just say that?

^I SO badly want to see/hear this.

"Not to mention our former tag team champions lost their titles after my good friend Christian was hit in the genitals with a hockey stick by a midget! I mean enough is enough!"

-- Kurt Angle

Can't believe I forgot this.

Where can I find Foley's ECW promos? I got the 'human sociology' one from KaZaA, but the others are nowhere to be found.

Guest Some Guy

JR: I didn't know Chyna spoke Spanish, HHH. Are you bilingual as well?

HHH: I'm bi alot of things, JR but lingual ain't one of'em. ...wait a minute, did I just say that?

^I SO badly want to see/hear this.

KotR 98, you can possibly find it at a video store. It's the same show as Foley's two cage bumps.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Cam Chaos

"By gosh, Lita's here! Lita jerking Edge off..." - Jim Ross, TLC 2, WM 17, which makes you wonder how long it'd had really been going on.

Guest Hunter's Torn Quad

JR to Lawler on Raw when Lawler said Viscera would like Christy and Candice on a spit:

"He's not Idi Amin"

"You think you impress The Rock? Why, because a couple of months ago, you were down South getting your monkey ass beaten by some jabroni named ... Juventud?" -- The Rock to Chris Jericho, RAW 10/04/99

"I tore off his mask!" -- Chris Jericho in response

From the same promo:

"The Jerichoholics are outraged with you, Rock!"

*a drunken fan dressed exactly like Chris Jericho tries to rush the ring and gets taken away by security*

"See what I mean? Case in point!"

Bret's comments that happened to make it on the air the night the NWO reunited in late 1999 were hilarious! He didn't have a live mic, obviously, but you could see exactly what he was saying to the fan he was arguing with.

Fan: "You suck!"

Bret: "I don't suck, you suck. You're the one who bought a ticket to watch this shit!"

That's one of my favorite moments ever.

"I think Chyna and Lita should hug again ... for a couple of ... hours." -Paul Heyman

"Paul Heyman has the body of a God. Unfortunately, it's Buddha." -Jerry Lawler

"If this referee doesn't make it here, he can make it in the NBA. He didn't see a damn thing." -Jim Ross

Guest CanadianChick

Edge: "Hey - don't hang those heads, guys - pick those chins up, young bucks. YOU did a great *JOB* last night."

Christian: "There's no shame in being (makes the 'gun' hand signal) SECOND best - or even (makes 3D sign) THIRD best, for that matter."

By the way, this was after WM 16, so just when they were turning heel pretty much.

"Yeah Kane, you with the power, me with the agility! You with your chokeslam, and me with my 5 star splash...and the Van-Daminator...and the Van-Terminator...and the Split-Leg Moonsault...and the Rolling Thunder (Kane gives him a look)--did I mention you had the chokeslam?"

-RVD (obviously)

"At SummerSlam I'm going to take care of that smelly, greasy, nasty animal...and I'm going get you too Rhyno."

-Jericho to Rhyno and Steph.

Triple H: "Great music video you had there."

Jericho: "Of course it was great, I was in it."

"Damn that Edge! If there's one thing I can't stand, it's a loud-mouth...Canadian...with long blond hair, who - who dresses like a rock star - I mean.....well, except for you, you're cool."

-Kurt Angle talking to Chris Jericho

"My problem? My problem is that I've got a guy whose lifelong dream was to reach a high level of mediocrity trying to tell ME what to do!"

-Pillman though I'm not sure who he was talking to.

"My problem?  My problem is that I've got a guy whose lifelong dream was to reach a high level of mediocrity trying to tell ME what to do!"

-Pillman though I'm not sure who he was talking to.

When was this said? If you give a time and organization, maybe we can figure out who he was talking about. Or maybe someone else here knows.

Good choices all around.

Guest Askewniverse

The Rock: "The jabroni-beating, pie-eating, trail-blazing, eyebrow-raising, stronger than a bear, faster than a buck, the biggest thing to hit Canada, 'cause the Maple Leafs suck!"

Rob Van Dam: "You what would be even cooler? If you put that European Title on the line."

Christian: "What? No! You don?t deserve a title shot. You don?t know anything about Europe! What?s the capital of Belgium?"

Rob Van Dam: "Waffles?"

Spike Dudley: "Hey! Leave my girlfriend alone!"

Kurt Angle: "What is this, Saved by the Bell?"

Kurt Angle (after being accused of running over Steve Austin): "Wait a minute, why is everybody looking at me? Why are you looking at me? Hold on a second! Why aren't you looking at...Essa Rios? Why can't it be him, huh? Why not Essa? I mean, everybody knows it's always the quiet ones! Who knows...maybe Stone Cold Steve Austin stole his green card or something."

Bret Hart: "If you were going to give the United States an enema, you'd stick the hose right here in Pittsburgh!"

(Steve Austin has The Rock in the Sharpshooter at Survivor Series 2001)

Paul Heyman: "Why doesn't Hebner call for the bell?"

Jim Ross: "Because The Rock hasn't tapped!"

Paul Heyman: "Well, that never stopped him before at Survivor Series!"

Goldust (dressed as Darth Vader): "Big Show...the NWO never told you what happened to your father."

Big Show: "My father? Man, don't you know my dad is dead?"

Goldust: "No...I am your father!"

• 2 weeks later...

Volumes 1-3 for the first 45 miniutes usually have some sound issues and a few tracking issues. Volumes 4-8 are VG. Volumes 9-13 are hit and miss, some EX footgae some Fair+ stuff. I figure these Barnett comps being transfered are more for trade bait where as the new footage we comp will be geared more towards us.

Guest treble

The Rock: "The jabroni-beating, pie-eating, trail-blazing, eyebrow-raising, stronger than a bear, faster than a buck, the biggest thing to hit Canada, 'cause the Maple Leafs suck!"

That whole promo was awesome. I was at the show that night and the crowd was just eating out of the Rock's hand, even as he kept insulting us. And he did this post-show thing with Booker T that was incredible.

Booker T hits Rock with the Book End

Rock: Damn, that hurts!