Michael Cole: "That makes it twice tonight"

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest FlairPinnedMe

From the infamous interview with Vince on AOL in 98 I think.

Question: Vince you need to further improve your light weight division.....the belt seems almost meaningless. How will you improve this?

Vince: Yokozuna is on a diet! Perhaps an influx of Ethiopian talent would be appropriate

Question: Mr. McMahon who in your opinion has the most talent in the WWF?

Vince: Vince McMahon

Question: Do you plan on signing randy savage when his contract expires?

Vince: In the year 2032, that might be a little late.

Vince: Speaking of massive, wait til you get a load of a new

WWF toy. It's called a BOSS HOSS. It's a 351 cubic inch chevrolet

engine. Fitted between my legs, 0 to 60 in 1 1/2 seconds. It's the ultimate crotch rocket!

Vince: I'm sitting in Bill Banks office with a cup of coffee

in my hand that's cold, looking up at DX making some sort of gesture toward their crotch, what the hell is the matter with Bill Banks?

Vince: Oops, Bill just told me to suck it!

Vince: What does he mean by that?

Vince: Perhaps Monica can help us out!

Vince: And how about that Chris Rock anyhow.

Vince: Just like he said, Bill Clinton gave Monica a job, oh

what the hell you can finish the rest.

• 4 weeks later...

Bret: And the guy I think deserves a title...and El Dandy, I think you're a heck of a wrestler, you're a great technician in the ring, and you're a jam up guy. I don't see any reason - cut off

Mean Gene: Whoa, wait a minute El Dandy has been wrestling in the cruiserweight divison here, please.

Bret Hart: He's a great wrestler

Mean Gene: He's a great wrestler but my goodness, there's a 50 pound wait difference

Bret Hart: Who are you to doubt El Dandy? This guy's a serious professional

Mean Gene: Let's talk about some serious competitors

Bret: What about Hypnosis?

MG: You mean Psicosis?

BH: Whatever...he's a great wrestler. You can say what you want, you can try to tear these guys down

MG: Psychosis has also been wrestling in the cruiserweight division

BH: He's a high flyer of the highest magnitude..this guys a serious professional

MG: But he's still a cruiserweight...let's get some..

BH: How about Dean Malenko? I was gonna give him a title shot. Thought he was a big man, wanted to injure me. Hey, come injure me now you little punk. he's sitting at home with some kinda hokie injure. This is a REAL injure Dean Malenko, this a groin pull the likes in which you have never seen in your whole life.

That sounds pretty funny. Shame I dont remember this. I miss El Dandy.

s37.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2C4ST9L0LAO1K3QE7ZSSWTC6SB

Found a YouTube file with the interview, in case anyone wants to see it. Funny, funny stuff, even to this day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Esap8zXyO9E...rch=Bret%20Hart

Funny interview, but Bret had no idea. Psicosis and El Dandy are both really, really great, and not an ironic, condescending sort of way either.

???

Are you saying Bret never really thought of the two as good or great workers (in a non-kayfabe way)?

Guest Josh

Bret hasn't got a clue about any wrestling outside of the US/Canada, and even then only really his stuff that he lived or saw growing up. He said last year in the Behind Closed Doors shoot that "they don't have any psychology in Japan".

Bret has said in numerous interviews that he doesn't like Mexican wrestlers in general. Remember the controversy heading into WM 12 because of what he said about luchadores not being "tough"?

Honestly, I don't, but it's not because I'm a Hart fan, but rather because I only occasionally followed things around that time.

Any references to any exact quote or quotes he said? I'm probably the last guy to know about this here, because of what I said above, but still, you learn something new everyday.

Bret said that Shawn Michaels was trained by a Mexican wrestler, and that he couldn't think of any really tough Mexican wrestlers, in those training vignettes they aired going into WM XII. I believe some have credited the lack of heat for the Ironman match, which was in SoCal, to those comments, but I might be imagining things there. But I do know that there were some lucha libre fans that were pretty upset with him for it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...