Pro Wrestling Only
Sign in to follow this  
Calvin

[2017-04-22-EVOLVE 82] Chris Dickinson & Jaka vs Fred Yehi & Tracy Williams

Despite being super talented, Catch Point tags (specifically Yehi & Hot Sauce) never seem to be anything more than solid/low-level good territory. Which is fine, and I totally appreciate those contributions, but given their talents you just expect so much more. This is another low-level good match. The action is good & fast-paced. There's not much of a story, but you see some nuance here & there. Oh, I def. need to mention this: there's an absolutely insane spot half-way through the match where Jaka overshoots a tope suicida and explodes into the crowd. Shit had my eyes poppin' out of my head. Dickinson hits the Pazuzu Bomb on Hot Sauce and Dickinson & Jaka are the new champs! Rating: ***¼

Would have never guessed I would be cheering for Jaka and Dickinson to win the belts a few months ago but here we are. This was good but suffered from not having much of a tag structure and the rules were negated overall. What the match did have going in its favor was exciting execution and the pace which didn't bog down into the long drawn out epics that a lot of EVOLVE tag matches aspire to be but rarely do. Jaka's tope was disgusting as he wipes out the front row in a crazy dive. ***