Pro Wrestling Only

Jeff Learns Wrestling

I can just see parv Asphyxiating at the flair discussion.

I really like the show with some really fun stuff and this is a hell of an undertaking.

I loved your realisation that all this lingo you use and facts you take for granted as a fan are completely alien to a new fan.

Thanks Richey! Appreciate the kind words and yes that last statement is dead on.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeff Machado and JT Rozzero are best friends but Jeff has never been a wrestling fan… until now. With decades of wrestling history to catch up on, JT is leading Jeff’s completely clean slate on an educational journey through the wonderful story of professional wrestling.

In episode four, Jeff is back from vacation and the boys cover Jeff’s first time watching modern WWE, Terry Funk’s body, Randy Savage’s trunks, Chico Santana, Ozzy Osbourne, The Hammer, Hulk Hogan’s friendships, Adrian Adonis and much, much more.

So, join us on Jeff’s journey to learn all about pro wrestling, get sidetracked with us on many tangents and have a bunch of laughs along the way!

http://placetobenation.com/jeff-learns-wrestling-4-great-balls-of-fire-terry-funks-body-hulk-hogans-friendships-chico-the-hammer-more/

I think Hogan vs. Earthquake at SummerSlam might be a good match for Jeff to watch and it coincides with the real SummerSlam coming up as well. It's Hogan vs. a hoss but Hogan is a bit more vulnerable. I also thought about the Misawa vs. Jumbo feud as that is pretty basic as well but I'm not sure you're there yet.

• 2 weeks later...

Jeff Machado and JT Rozzero are best friends but Jeff has never been a wrestling fan… until now. With decades of wrestling history to catch up on, JT is leading Jeff’s completely clean slate on an educational journey through the wonderful story of professional wrestling.

In episode five, the boys area gearing up for WrestleMania III with a look at the final showdown between Hulk Hogan and Paul Orndorff, Jeff’s love for George Steele, the reason why Harley Race is king, whether the Killer Bees were a joke or legit, who makes the matches, Ricky Steamboat’s crushed larynx and much, much more!

So, join us on Jeff’s journey to learn all about pro wrestling, get sidetracked with us on many tangents and have a bunch of laughs along the way!

http://placetobenation.com/jeff-learns-wrestling-5-orndorffs-last-stand-kings-of-the-wwf-roddy-pipers-final-msg-match-the-rise-of-the-hart-foundation-ricky-steamboats-larynx-more/

Another great show by JT and Jeff. Happy that Jeff appreciates Adrian Adonis.

JT, I am hoping for a 180 on his Terry Funk takes from the other week though!

All in all I am really digging this show. JT is a great teacher to have. If it was me, I wouldn't be able to resist ribbing Jeff with the odd white lie just to hear his reaction.

"Yeah, didn't you know Adrian Adonis lost a ton of weight and went to WCW as Brian Pillman"

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

In episode six, the boys have arrived in Pontiac for WrestleMania III and they discuss full nelsons, midget wrestling, Roddy Piper’s retirement, the effectiveness of chains, Steamboat vs. Savage, strong bladders, Alice Cooper’s coolness, Hogan vs. Andre and much, much more!

http://placetobenation.com/jeff-learns-wrestling-6-wrestlemania-iii/

Anothert fantastic show! Funny stuff about Moolah being a Diva and Jesses commentary. I think you stumbled onto something great in reviewing a whole show. This was a very interesting listen.

I know youre from the North (BOO!! - Just kidding) and it seems like WWF will be the main thread BUT this looks like a good jumping off point to see how Jeff reacts to other types of wrestling. I could see you doing your next show on something totally different and then jump back into the WWF. I also think it would be great during those breaks to review an angle or series of angles that lead to a big match so that Jeff could understand the story being told.

Anyway, I would love to hear you guys talk about:

Misawa vs. Jumbo (This would be Jeffs first exposure to puro and I think the story is fairly straight forward)

An episode of Memphis TV (Let Jeff hear the greatness of Lance Russell combined with the wackiness of the territory)

NJ vs. NOAH Jr. feud (Again, I think this is something thats easy to jump into and has lots of heat)

I look forward to the next show!! Great job!!