Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 5/8-5/14: Braun Injured Out 4-8 weeks

Strummer

well Meltz seems to be implying it's a work on twitter but Satin is pretty reliable

Meltzer was answering a different question than what was asked. He noted that he was "wrestling every night," but the story said that Strowman is due for elbow surgery. On the WON board Dave walked that Tweet back a bit and was digging further.

Sucks for Braun, and for us. I wish I had an explanation for all the injuries. In the 80's and early 90's I hardly ever remember a top guy being out for a big injury caused by wrestling. (Not counting things like Magnum T.A. accident, etc.) Sting in 90 is the only name that comes to mind.

With Brock as a champ who only shows up every couple of months, it seems like you should take this time to rotate various feuds and guys out of the "main event" spot. There's really no need for a singular top heel or face if you have a champion like Brock, since Brock is Brock and character alignment really means nothing at all in a match against him.

If they knew Strowman was hurt and going to be out for a while, what makes the most sense to me is to use the post Payback angle to keep both he and Roman off TV for a few weeks to sell the brutality of the match itself and say Braun hurt himself when he KNOCKED AN AMBULANCE DOOR OFF IT'S HINGES.

My opinion of Brock's title reign is the same as it was in 2014: A redux of his 2002 reign but on a monthly instead of weekly basis.

Raw is a black hole on top without Strowman feuding with Reigns tbh. I like Miz and to a degree Ambrose but they just scream midcard to me at this point, while Joe, Rollins, Balor and Wyatt most here aren't particularly high on.

Maybe they should pull the trigger on the Hardys going broken and making tabthe main focus for a bit.

Matt keeps doing the Broken mannerisms more and more blatantly on TV, they have to have made some sort of settlement or else surely WWE would have told him to knock it off by now. I'm guessing Team Euro wins the titles when Matt does something crazy and misses, leading to him "breaking" and they more or less redo the TNA angle in WWE.

So i wonder what they're waiting for with Lana's debut. At least with the New Day there's an injury to wait on (of course there's no reason the other two couldn't have shown up already), but Lana's getting close to Emmalina territory already.

So i wonder what they're waiting for with Lana's debut. At least with the New Day there's an injury to wait on (of course there's no reason the other two couldn't have shown up already), but Lana's getting close to Emmalina territory already.

That new Lana gimmick seems like a terrible idea to begin with. No idea what the fuck they are thinking.

Okay, so Luke Harper loses cleanly to Eric Rowan? Really? So much for that push I was hoping Harper was going to get. When you're positioned as what appears to be the least successful former member of the Wyatt Family...I don't think you're going far. :(

They seemed to be setting up a feud between the two. I would rather see Harper doing something better than that but if they are going to have a feud you kind of have to make Rowan win the first match.

That new Lana gimmick seems like a terrible idea to begin with. No idea what the fuck they are thinking.

It did lead to a hilarious time on Twitter after the video came out of her doing the gimmick in NXT, and everyone was clowning it. She spends like 95% of her time on Twitter vanity searching obsessive fans telling her how great she is so it lead to some great in and out of character meltdowns.

When she was super protective of her gimmick it was fun, especially when her and Rusev would post pictures of themselves scowling at American monuments while traveling. Now it's like 70% reposting obsessive fawning fans, 20% pimping Total Divas, and 10% responding to the "haters" who point out that she looked like a cat trying to walk across a frozen pond doing the dance gimmick.

Lana is a legit good dancer, gtfo. Although wtf is the point of a burlesque dancer type gimmick on a PG show for a non-wrestler who even if she wrestles is going to be bottom of the barrel. She's not even NXT house show level in the ring, so I can't imagine she'll be doing in ring stuff, and with Rusev ready to come back, it seems weird to have them on the same show but split and doing different gimmicks.

I mean, I'm not really opposed to giving people something new to do, but I don't see where this specific gimmick can possibly go in this specific era and time.

I really don't understand what they are doing with Sami Zayn's backstage character? What are they even going for? How is this supposed to be a babyface? they are making him a super nerd or something?

From all accounts that is pretty close to how he is backstage when planning a match so they've just used the old "be yourself and turn the volume up" strategy for him.