ProWrestlingOnly.com Forums
Sign in to follow this  
shoe

Ric Flair Vs Ricky Steamboat (1978 JCP)

We get about 16 minutes and this is such a joy to watch. This is fresh off the Flair and Steamboat's fight at tv where Steamboat's eye is a total mess. This is very hate filled. We see Flair work over Steamboat's eye much like he did Morton's nose in 86. He also worked over Steamer's ribs with punches, and some nasty knees, and knee drops. So we see Flair use a 2 pronged attack. Steamboat was great with his selling, and hope spots. He also mixed in some nasty hate filled moments. He would use chokes, violent acts. When Flair started bleeding Steamboat attacks the cut. The final scene before we fade to black is Steamer biting the cut. What we saw was incredible and looks to be 5*. With that said we don't have the complete match so it's not fair to truly judge it.

It's on the eighth DVD of the Cornette's tapes. It's the first Steamboat-Flair on that DVD.

Also we do actually have the finish : it's on the second DVD.

I just put it on Youtube in one part :

I could swear I put these clips together a few years ago but now I can't find it, so thanks Conker.

One of my favorite matches really. I found a better copy of the TV Title match from '77 sometime last year. Can't put it on YouTube since WWE owns it, but it's out there.

I could swear I put these clips together a few years ago but now I can't find it, so thanks Conker.

One of my favorite matches really. I found a better copy of the TV Title match from '77 sometime last year. Can't put it on YouTube since WWE owns it, but it's out there.

WWE tends not to pull down stuff that's not on the network or home videos.

Where'd you get a better copy of the TV title change than the one that's always been out there from Jeff?