Pro Wrestling Only

Summerslam 2017, or How to get through a 6 hour show with a little help from your friends at PWO

Ricky Jackson

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like it's official (and Meltzer was right). Kevin Owens is no longer "the new face of America." Guess they decided against the anti-American gimmick.

They had like 5 going on at once. I'm glad they dropped it.

AJ Styles as US Champion really comes off as Styles slumming.

I hope this is it for Owens/Styles...you have AJ paired up with the one guy who can't have good matches.

Fixed that for you.

His stuff with Jericho was pretty good. I liked his stuff with Ambrose from a few years ago too.

It's possible he's getting worse, but if so I don't understand why. I don't remember his old matches being nothing but restholds and stooging.

Those kids were sure excited that their dad was special ref.

I'm a soft touch - Shane and his kids are always adorable.

I'm guessing Owens is going to do something evil to Shane in front of his kids, setting up their rumored feud and HIAC match. Otherwise why would they show his kids? But I agree, it actually doesn't come off all that contrived to me.

He got some heat for chinlock city. It was funny the first dozen or so times. Then he got lazy around Mania and it's been all downhill from there. It seems like he's getting fat again too.

I guess that is what annoys the shit out of me about this guy. He admittedly works his whole career to get into WWE, he gets there, against all odds he becomes a big success, and his response is: "Okay, now this is where I take it easy."

He got some heat for chinlock city. It was funny the first dozen or so times. Then he got lazy around Mania and it's been all downhill from there. It seems like he's getting fat again too.

I guess that is what annoys the shit out of me about this guy. He admittedly works his whole career to get into WWE, he gets there, against all odds he becomes a big success, and his response is: "Okay, now this is where I take it easy."

Yeah, it bugs me too. I thought he was great the first year or so on the main roster. But he's turned all those great little aspects of his character into lazy crutches.

Yeah, it bugs me too. I thought he was great the first year or so on the main roster. But he's turned all those great little aspects of his character into lazy crutches.

I wasn't always this way.

I was in the crowd at Ring of Honor's Northern Navigation in Toronto in July 2008. I had only seen a couple of Steen & Generico matches prior to that, but after seeing his match with Nigel McGuinness for the ROH title that night, I walked out of that arena as a Kevin Steen fan. I loved his tag matches with Generico against The Briscoes, and I wanted to like him in WWE, I really did. But he has been slowly draining my will to live since Wrestlemania.

I'm glad to know it's not just me and that fellow PWO members whose opinions I respect are seeing the same things I am.