Pro Wrestling Only

Summerslam 2017, or How to get through a 6 hour show with a little help from your friends at PWO

Ricky Jackson

The Shane stuff was predictable but not completely terrible. At least it made sense. I half figure we need to give them credit for that in this day and age. We knew the match was a means to an end coming in. At least I assume you guys did. I'm like Will on a Takeover post-show here. No idea how we got here.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He got some heat for chinlock city. It was funny the first dozen or so times. Then he got lazy around Mania and it's been all downhill from there. It seems like he's getting fat again too.

I guess that is what annoys the shit out of me about this guy. He admittedly works his whole career to get into WWE, he gets there, against all odds he becomes a big success, and his response is: "Okay, now this is where I take it easy."

Yeah, it bugs me too. I thought he was great the first year or so on the main roster. But he's turned all those great little aspects of his character into lazy crutches.

I wasn't always this way.

I was in the crowd at Ring of Honor's Northern Navigation in Toronto in July 2008. I had only seen a couple of Steen & Generico matches prior to that, but after seeing his match with Nigel McGuinness for the ROH title that night, I walked out of that arena as a Kevin Steen fan. I loved his tag matches with Generico against The Briscoes, and I wanted to like him in WWE, I really did. But he has been slowly draining my will to live since Wrestlemania.

I'm glad to know it's not just me and that fellow PWO members whose opinions I respect are seeing the same things I am.

It's been a total bummer. I booked a whole year of my Filsinger card game promotion around that early Kevin Owens character because I liked it so much. He's a constant source of disappoint since he won the belt. It's like he knows his place is safe because he's one of HHH's boys and doesn't need to try anymore.

AJ Styles as US Champion really comes off as Styles slumming.

You're not wrong. I really feel Styles is the best active wrestler in the world right now, and I wish he was involved in a Main Event/World Title scene program right now. I really hope he gets the Wrestlemania program against Nakamura that he has been campaigning for. (He told Edge and Christian about it on their podcast, and said that he talked Vince into letting them have their brief face-off at MITB to prove that the crowd would get behind it.)

That was a fun match. A bit contrived with Shane always being in the way.....but it told the story and was a nice back and forth. Looked like Shane fucked up his knee/leg on one of the bumps, he was limping. And props to AJ and Owens because it's tough working a match like that, with all those highspots, with an "outside ref" and constantly teasing, and bumping into him. I liked it for what it was

And yeah, I think Owens belly takes the bump on the Styles Clash, lol. He should be impervious to it

I have higher hopes than most for Nak-Mahal. Hope I'm right

I am not opposed to WWE taking a guy who was basically a Jobber to the Stars, and elevating him to the WWE title. I am not opposed to WWE pushing a guy based on his nationality, if they think that will help them break through in a foreign market. However, I am vehemently opposed to both, when the guy they pick to push clearly SUCKS. To steal a quote from Mel Gibson and paraphrase a bit...Jinder Mahal is as boring as a dog's ass.

I am not opposed to WWE taking a guy who was basically a Jobber to the Stars, and elevating him to the WWE title. I am not opposed to WWE pushing a guy based on his nationality, if they think that will help them break through in a foreign market. However, I am vehemently opposed to both, when the guy they pick to push clearly SUCKS. To steal a quote from Mel Gibson and paraphrase a bit...Jinder Mahal is as boring as a dog's ass.

Jinder would actually be more interesting if he just sucked.

That was seriously awful. Sometimes - a lot of the time, actually, maybe most of the time lately - I don't know what the fuck WWE creative is thinking. The match was awful and the finish was stupid. I recently read that Vince is upset about TV ratings dropping lately. Take a look at crap like this, maybe just maybe he could figure out why.

I could have lived with Nakamura losing if the match had even been halfway decent, but it wasn't. It looked like Mahal barely broke a sweat beating him. Nakamura barely looked like a legit threat in that match. That was a TV match.