Pro Wrestling Only

Bobby Heenan RIP

flyonthewall2983

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:( I missed this.

Not unexpected, but like many fans here Bobby Heenan was an integral part of my wrestling fandom back in the day. Even in the darkest days in WCW he'd still make at least one comment a show that would crack me up. He was probably the greatest manager of all time, enhancing all around him. Always playing the fool, ever the true heel. And being a former wrestler he could also take bumps. The Survivor Series 1989 match was to me the crowning glory of his time in front of the camera. Pure comedy gold. And a great commentator too, particularly when teamed with Gorilla. They were the perfect comedy double act who also knew what was going on in the ring and how to get it over. The epic Royal Rumble 1992 commentary was the Brain's high point behind the mic. With his sharp wit he could've been a stand up comic. But thankfully Heenan found his way to the crazy world of pro wrestling and left an indelible mark on it.

• 9 months later...