So, are you watching?  

1. 1.

• Yup.
    • Nope.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, there's going to be a lot of bragging by the anti WWE squad over that rating despite the fact it was up against the NCAA basketball tournament which is arguably the biggest sporting event in the US after the Super Bowl.

I watched the tape of the show with my fiancee after I got home from work, and she said the same thing I did when the beer drinking contest started:

"Are we getting an actual match anytime soon?"

My fiancee doesn't watch wrestling for the in-ring product, and even she wanted to see a match.

There's a difference between making sure the show's entertaining and keeping it about what it says on the marquee: wrestling.

That said, I liked the show from an entertainment aspect, but we only got the same amount of wrestling in two hours that we used to get in 90 minutes. We couldn't have added a couple of five minutes matches just for variety?

There's a difference between making sure the show's entertaining and keeping it about what it says on the marquee: wrestling.

Yes, cause we all know WWE is devoted to filling their shows with as much wrestling as possible.

I swear some people sound like they were expecting to see "ROH Saturday Night's Main Event".

The Basketball game didn't even do that good, so don't compare the specific game that was up against SNME to the Superbowl, it had a 6.0 rating for godsakes. SNME also lost to the thrilling lineup of Americas Most Wanted and Cops on FOX, and the Sixth Sense on ABC, which has probably been on television over a dozen times already.

God Sek, you are the king of accepting mediocrity. Do you walk around bent over?

Come the fuck on, the net expects every WWE show to be nothing but straight wrestling with no sportz entertainment or angle advancement.

It's not accpeting mediocrity, it's having realistic expectations. I don't watch a screwball comedy movie expecting to see an Oscar winning performance, and I don't walk out bitching when I don't see one.

Guest brian

Well, I would have thoughtthe point of this show was not to sell people on WrestleMania, but on the WWE, which is what Rudo was saying, and when things are going well, they aren't going to be swayed too much by sporting event. Obviously, alot of people aren't sold.

Guest brian

God Sek, you are the king of accepting mediocrity. Do you walk around bent over?

Come the fuck on, the net expects every WWE show to be nothing but straight wrestling with no sportz entertainment or angle advancement.

It's not accpeting mediocrity, it's having realistic expectations. I don't watch a screwball comedy movie expecting to see an Oscar winning performance, and I don't walk out bitching when I don't see one.

I saw nothing in JHawk's post about expecting a packed show of wrestling. He merely said that on a wrestling show, he expected some sort of wrestling. A five minute match or two to mark the time, to act as an intermediary. You're lowering your expectations far too much.

Guest brian

Look, Mania is in the here and now, but this show has a ton of long-term benefit that is just not being realized. Yeah, Mania's there and they're trying to pump the buys, but they've got to be able to show people what they've been missing out on and what they need to catch overall. There's a forest out there and Vince is trying to put a fence up around a tree. I should rephrase how I said things, but this is the WWE stepping out on a big stage, and saying look at us, and no one turned their head. I think a couple of people even turned their chairs around and asked for refunds.

Guest wnyxmcneal

Yeah, there's going to be a lot of bragging by the anti WWE squad over that rating despite the fact it was up against the NCAA basketball tournament which is arguably the biggest sporting event in the US after the Super Bowl.

They didn't even beat the Sixth Sense!

Or an episode of Cops!

Seriously, stop trying to rationalise this.

Seriously, stop trying to be so snobbish sounding. It's getting ridiculous that anyone who speaks positively (or even neutrally) gets dogpiled as a moron who should be mocked.

You only need to look at my past posts to see I'm not a cheerleader for WWE. When they do stupid shit, I call them on it. I thought SNME was a Perfectly Acceptible Wrestling Show and I don't really appriciate getting called a retard who takes it up the ass for liking it.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with enjoying the show, but it was a complete failure in its aim, which was to hype WrestleMania in front of viewers who hadn't watched wrestling in years. A 3.2 rating suggests that not even all their regular viewers tuned in and that they drew little in the way of new viewers and so the show will ultimately do little to help the WrestleMania buy rate. Wrestling being a mainstream fad was over years ago, this really shouldn't come as much of a surprise.

Not to sound like a WWE apologist, but don't forget guys, Detroit didn't even get the show on TV last night. It may be one market, but it's one fairly large market. Not sure how much of a decrease that is (compared to what the rating would be if they had it), but I imagine it's somewhat significant.

Guest wnyxmcneal

Seriously, stop trying to be so snobbish sounding. It's getting ridiculous that anyone who speaks positively (or even neutrally) gets dogpiled as a moron who should be mocked.

You only need to look at my past posts to see I'm not a cheerleader for WWE. When they do stupid shit, I call them on it. I thought SNME was a Perfectly Acceptible Wrestling Show and I don't really appriciate getting called a retard who takes it up the ass for liking it.

You're the one trying to make up reasons for the poor reasons by blaming the tourney.

Finishing in 4th place is embarassing.

I don't think an awful streetfight, a clusterfuck handicap match or a quicky chick match to be perfectly acceptable wrestling.

Not to sound like a WWE apologist, but don't forget guys, Detroit didn't even get the show on TV last night. It may be one market, but it's one fairly large market. Not sure how much of a decrease that is (compared to what the rating would be if they had it), but I imagine it's somewhat significant.

It probably only makes the difference of a few tenths of a ratings point and even accounting for that the ratings are still very poor. Dave Meltzer mentioned a few weeks ago how NBC would be furious with a rating between 3.0 and 3.9 and that's what they got.

I don't think an awful streetfight, a clusterfuck handicap match or a quicky chick match to be perfectly acceptable wrestling.

You know what Bob, I don't think your embarrassingly bad SNL reviews are Perfectly Acceptible Writing, but I don't post on message boards bashing people who read them.

Guest wnyxmcneal

You know what Bob, I don't think your embarrassingly bad SNL reviews are Perfectly Acceptible Writing, but I don't post on message boards bashing people who read them.

So I'm not allowed to disagree with your thoughts?

It's pretty sad that instead of countering my points you go OMG REVIEWS ARE THE SUCK, but I don't really expect better then you.

I tuned in for about 10 minutes last night. I caught part of the street fight and when Shane and Shawn went through a table, I flipped the channel.

Seriously, if I was someone who stopped watching in 2001, or whenever the bottom dropped out, and saw they were doing the exact same stuff 5 years later, why would I tune back in?

And I am not piling on sek but there is no way you can spin that number as a positive... at all. The entire idea of showing up on network TV was to increase your exposure, yet the ratings are comparable, if not lower than a typical week of SD!. No new viewers, not all of your regular viewers. Where is the positive? That they went up against a basketball game that also had bad ratings?