Pro Wrestling Only

Saturday Night's Main Event

Coffey

So, are you watching?  

1. 1.

• Yup.
    • Nope.

Guest Bruiser Chong

I just think that SNME was the best WWE show that WWE have put on in years. Especially for free. If you didn't like it, you're not going to like anything WWE does. THAT is what WWE does, that show. Actually, that's the top of chain, about as good as it can get. If you watched it and didn't like, you don't like WWE. You're not going to be happy. You're still watching for, maybe, five matches a year. That's not a good investment.

See, this bothers me. WWF/E has always been viewed as the oddity in wrestling, because they didn't present a straight forward wrestling product. We know this. But in recent years, they seem to have developed this growing illusion that they are really just an entertainment company that happens to have some wrestling matches here and there. That's crap.

WWE, for the most part, is lowbrow entertainment. I don't expect to see 20-minute wrestling clinics on their free TV shows, but by the same token, why shouldn't I expect to see some decent/good wrestling? There was a time when they would feature a match that went at least 15 minutes. And this was when RAW was just an hour. Somehow they made it work.

Now they're so busy trying to be this entertainment company and it doesn't work. I've never watched wrestling for the "entertainment" aspect of it. Not what they consider entertainment, anyway. Good wrestling is entertaining for me. At least when I'm watching a wrestling show. Yes, let's not forget that this is a wrestling show, as much as it pains Vince to accept.

I don't like their idea of entertainment, because it's predominantly comprised of insipid skits, painfully bad acting, and comedy that appeals to the lowest common denominator. I know Vince thinks that WWE fans just wanna watch people eat poop or whatever "entertaining" garbage they're peddling on the fans this week, but there are still some people who enjoy a good wrestling match. It's too bad Vince does all he can to make those people feel like the oddities.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was a time when they would feature a match that went at least 15 minutes.

There have been several matches on Raw in the last few years that have gone way past 15 minutes. During the Russo years they would average about 12-15 minutes of wrestling in a 2 hour show. I would say they usually have at least 35-40 minutes nowadays. I think the reason that there has been little to no wrestling on RAW lately is because WM is coming up and they are in pure hype mode.