Pro Wrestling Only

The Wrestlemania XXII Thread

Loss

Maybe it's Vince's "shades of grey" he promised in his Death of Kayfabe speech finally coming to fruition.

Also, someone pointed out that CM Punk was part of Cena's entrance. As Cunny would say, I roffle'd at that.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought that was a really good show (surprise, right?). Mickie/Trish, except for the botched Stratusfaction, which shouldn't have happened anyway since Mickie could've just won with her DDT, was a good match. I thought Foley/Edge was MOTN. The MITB match was good and Shelton was fucking money. He was SO on. Mysterio was really on too, except for the botched pole 619. Still, that was a good match, although it certainly felt rushed.

Boogeyman and Pillow fight were trash. Kane/Show Vs. Carlito/Masters was basically a squash, which didn't do anyone any favors. I thought Cena & Triple H's entrances were hokey but I liked their match.

Maybe it's Vince's "shades of grey" he promised in his Death of Kayfabe speech finally coming to fruition.

Also, someone pointed out that CM Punk was part of Cena's entrance. As Cunny would say, I roffle'd at that.

The shades of gray thing is a little bit different, though, just because it went so overboard with the sports entertainment aspect that it overwhelmed the wrestling aspect. In any other sport, every athlete or team has hardcore supporters and people who hate them. WWE should encourage that type of loyalty and try to push that atmosphere as much as they possibly can. Regarding Trish/Mickie, I think they should have known what would happen there. Trish refused to be MJ's lesbian lover, of course the male heterosexual crowd is going to shit on that. MJ's counter of the Stratusfaction by jamming her fingers in Trish's vaginal area may be the greatest thing I've ever seen.

Guest savagerulz

That was a FANTASTIC Wrestlemania. It never felt like another PPV, it felt like the show of the year. And really, other than the pillow fight there's not a single match you can't say something good about.

1. Big props to Edge. Taking the thumbtacks spot and going into a flaming table shirtless is seriously balls out (I'll never forget seeing that spot go very wrong at a Wildside show and burn the fuck out of Rick Michaels).

2. Trish had no right to have as good a match as she did considering how obviously legit hurt her leg was. She deserves every cent she gets.

3. Shelton Benjamin rules the money in the bank match. Both his ladder spots were just awesome.

4. Speaking of ladder spots... get ready to see Shawn's about twenty billion times.

5. I marked out huge for both title matches. At one point I was pissed Trips was going to break the STFU twice AND kick out the FU. And I never saw Rey's coming.

6. Oprahdust... hehehehe.

7. Gotta give Taker love for the leap over the casket. Wow!

8. I liked the gangsta thing since they were in Chigaco. Conversely, Triple H's entrance was hands down the lamest I've seen in a long time.

9. Thank God JR was there to call Shawn/Vince.

Thumbs WAY up.

HHH is a terrible heel. Cena is a terrible face. Since there are only a few people on the roster these days that actually know or care how to play the role of a face or heel, maybe it would be best to play to strengths elsewhere. Again, it's late night, caffeine induced ideas, so I don't know, but it sure seems awesome right now.

As long as Cena gets the reaction he does, I wish they'd let him be the "whatever, I'm gonna do my thing" character they seemed to be heading toward before they went back to trying to make him Smilin' Babyface again.

Guest Bruiser Chong

I love how TSM is an this huge uproar over Cena retaining. Their views tend to lend credibility to the adage that "smarks" aren't ever happy.

I love how TSM is an this huge uproar over Cena retaining.  Their views tend to lend credibility to the adage that "smarks" aren't ever happy.

I hope they realize that their reaction is the *exact* reaction that finish was designed to get, and they're really outsmarting themselves if they think otherwise.

She then followed by sniffing her fingers, and yes, she actually sold it.

I know it sounds like I'm joking, since I'm focusing so much on that particular five seconds, but aside from one botched move toward the end of the match, Trish/Mickie was the best WWE women's match ever, by a healthy margin.

Guest The Metal Maniac

Again, I should point out that Mickie James countered the Stratusfaction by jamming her fingers in Trish's vagina.

That match ruled the fucking school.

Pretty good show all around, I'd say. I think Edge/Foley was my favourite match, but just about everything was good, really. The double german on Orton and Rey was fucking slick, and as much as I hate the nickname, HHH's "King of Kings" theme was pretty cool.

Guest DylanWaco

Good show. I'm watching the replay now, and it's actually been even better the second go around.

Foley/Edge was the MOTN as it was about as good a garbage match you'll ever see in the WWE. Without the set up for the match I'm not sure I woudl have liked it as much, but the fact that they payed off on everything they teased made it great.

Shelton continues his streak of stealing the show in MITB matches. He out RVDed RVD tonight. The Flair stuff was scary.

Mickie/Trish could have been the best match of the show with a better finish. Mickie is the best heel on the roster.

Am I the only one who loved the finish on that JBL/Benoit match?

The SD match had a shitload of potential but was way too short.

That picture of Triple H actually made me bust out laughing sitting here at my computer. That is one of the most ridiculous things I have seen...and I actually saw The Gobbedlygooker hatch LIVE.

Of course, I have no comment on this show. The day McMahon gets 50 bucks of my money is the day I start writing a column with Dave O'Neill. I'll be watching Lockdown, thank you very much. I was impressed to see that they gave the Smackdown World Title Match a whole NINE minutes. WOW.

Guest Primo Matarazzo

I told Bruiser earlier tonight that HHH is really bucking for the Conan The King part. I don't think he wants Rocky to have it so he's giving the producers a visual to base their decision on.

Guest KingPK

As long as Cena gets the reaction he does, I wish they'd let him be the "whatever, I'm gonna do my thing" character they seemed to be heading toward before they went back to trying to make him Smilin' Babyface again.

Agreed, but I think they should just turn him full blown heel because that's what the fans are treating him as. Cena should come out on RAW and say something to the effect of "I busted my ass, bled in this ring, devoted my whole life to entertain you fans....and this is the thanks I get? Well screw you." Then he should become a total annoying prick, taunting the fans by just standing there and cockily spinning his belt until the fans would pay to see someone, anyone beat the shit out of him and take the title.

Guest SweetMama Scaat

Theyll prolly take the belt off of Cena at Backlash which is fine. The best thing they can do with Cena is let him be this shades of grey tweener. People are gonna boo him no matter what he does, and without "pulling the race card" we know what cena is and what his character represents yadda yadda...Cena is a "wigger". Which alot of people have a problem with. He also represents hip hop music which alot of people have a problem with. Thats why he is now and will always get boos. Some of yall are gonna say that im jus stating the obvious. But for some reason alot of people think crowds are against him because of his workrate. Id say a very small demographic is like that. But the majority of people are against his "gansta" stance. Jus wanted to get that off my chest.

Now lets go back to making fun of tHHHor:God of main events.

Guest KingPK

That's part of it, but honestly I think it's more that the fans see him as a Rock wannabe in a "gansta" wrapping. He doesn't really bring anything interesting to the table in their eyes.

EDIT: Posted Image

Yeah, that's quite a counter there.

I don't think Cena's problem is so much the "wigger" thing as much as he's getting the Blue Chipper Rocky push and the people don't like it. WWE has to turn all their champions into grinning idiots (like Diesel and Brock) and people are getting tired of it.

Guest Danny Dubya v 2.0

That sounds like an awesome idea, sek! Only potential problem I see with that, is that Mickie would have trouble applying that lock to most of the divas, especially Torrie.