Pro Wrestling Only

The Wrestlemania XXII Thread

Loss

I actually got the opposite feel from the event as kjh, as Cena and Misterio really appeared to be two of the three biggest stars in the company, with HHH obviously being the third. No one else had entrances anything like those three -- it foreshadowed Rey winning the title in his case.

I know Misterio got the big entrance, but one thing that was really clear from the event was that Rey or indeed any other Smackdown star wasn't in the same stratosphere as Cena or Hunter. So at best he was pushed as the third biggest star, but if he was considered that they'd give his match much more time, not protect Angle in the match so much and given him a segment prior to the match. I thought it was pretty obvious he's only going to keep the belt warm for Orton and they only gave him the belt to have that moment with Chavo and Vickie Guerrero after the match.

This was a case where I felt like they toned down on the nostalgia

I felt the nostalgia more in the type of matches they had. Lots of "holy shit" high spots. They really seemed to be harkening back to the Attitude era in the show. Vince giving Shawn the finger after such a beating was a spot straight out of his cage match with Austin and then you had the crotch chops.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic