Pro Wrestling Only

PWO 1988 - 1992 Draft Discussion

LowBlowPodcast

I've got a proxy list I can send, and I'm also online more often than not so I can hold lists for other people if they want.

At the same time, I think people need to accept that a project this size is going to take more than a couple days. I'd be surprised if we got through it faster than two weeks, honestly.

You're right that it is what is, but I'd think at least one round per day would be doable. Right now we're at half to two thirds of a round per day.

One thing though, people should think about proxies once the window goes to 6 hours or else they may get passed by quite a few picks if they take too long in checking in.

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got a proxy list I can send, and I'm also online more often than not so I can hold lists for other people if they want.

At the same time, I think people need to accept that a project this size is going to take more than a couple days. I'd be surprised if we got through it faster than two weeks, honestly.

Sadly, it is asking too much to expect 14 out of 14 people to be considerate enough to check in here more than once or twice a day, or to provide a proxy list. I had honestly assumed that it would be no problem.

Not the end of the world, though. As has been said before, patience is a virtue.

It would be hard for me this weekend. I've been hoping the draft would move quicker since I'm going to be without communication from Sunday evening until some point Saturday. I'll leave a proxy list, but I was hoping we'd make it through at least ten rounds before that so as not to have to leave a long proxy list (and not be able to adapt plans as people are picked). At this rate I don't know if I'll make more than 5 picks out of 35 before going dark.

This is the biggest downside, that your draft will be compromised because of the (in)actions of others.

It's none of my business, but out of curiosity: Where are you going that you will be out of contact for a full week? I live in Japan, so it's hard for me to imagine a location without wifi and computers.

I think we've vented enough about the pace, I know it's difficult with the different time zones and also I realize that not everyone can check in from their job (I know there are jobs where phone and internet use is restricted).

In my case, I'm in Puerto Rico (Atlantic time zone so thanks to the recent Daylight Savings Time change I'm one hour ahead of the Eastern time zone). I currently have internet through my cellphone. Don't have any other way to log online at the moment because I've been without electricity since about 10am on September 6 thanks to Hurricane Irma. Two weeks later Hurricane Maria went right through Puerto Rico and, well, let's just say I have no clue if I'll have electricity before 2018 gets here. I've been able to charge up my phone and tablet at the temporary office my workplace set up, through that is how I can log online at night. For the past nine and half weeks, my evenings have consisted of staying at home and sitting in the dark trying to find some way to pass the time before bedtime. I signed up for this thinking it'd be a fun thing to occupy my time at the moment. So I apologize if I come off as antsy over the pace, I don't have much else to do at night but to check every so often how things are going.

I'm going to be without communication because I'll be on a boat, so I'll be out of range of the cellphone towers here. It's something that was planned about 8 months ago and has not been cancelled, so I'm taking the trip. I'll be disconnected from about Sunday evening to some point on Saturday. I'll deal with a proxy list, hopefully a couple of more picks come my way before things get locked in on my end.

Big question is what year to use for Michaels if I use him as my keeper for 93-97? Each fricking year has major positives and some negatives.

I would say Major negatives most years!

For me, I would say he's great as a heel in 97, outside of the drug issues. He's a pretty good heel in 92, the rest of the time I think he's either off (like 93/94) or trying to find his way as a face and failing (95/96).

Big question is what year to use for Michaels if I use him as my keeper for 93-97? Each fricking year has major positives and some negatives.

I would say Major negatives most years!

For me, I would say he's great as a heel in 97, outside of the drug issues. He's a pretty good heel in 92, the rest of the time I think he's either off (like 93/94) or trying to find his way as a face and failing (95/96).

Ha, I was trying to look on the bright side.

1997 is definitely the front-runner. Also allows him to be either a face or heel.

The rest are my childhood favorites, especially late 94-96, yet will likely stay away from anything involving him dancing in the ring with children or wearing gaudy earrings.

Couldn't put it off longer and actually went outside of my premade list to grab them.

Right now there are 2 singles I'd like to grab if still around by my next pick, but I'll be shocked if they make it.

I understand the feeling, the Rockers weren't in my plans but I saw them on the board and was really tempted to go off plan and get them. Hope you get great use out of them.