Pro Wrestling Only

The 10,000 person crowd

sek69

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kind of an underwhelming card announced so far IMO - Nick Aldis vs. Cody for the NWA World Heavyweight Title, an appearance (match?) by Rey Mysterio, and a list of wrestlers are the only things confirmed at the moment, right?

With that said, if this was local for me, I'd be looking forward to it.

Congrats to everyone who got tickets and is...ALL IN!

Well they have been kind of in the habit of making big mistakes. Like building your new brand on Tim Storm and Jocephus

I meant the hot streak the Elite guys have been on. There's no better brand to tie yourself to at the moment if you're the NWA.

And to confirm, after 40 minutes of trying, I am All In.

They announced Mysterio today, and Cody challenging for the NWA Title (presumably against Nick Aldis).

Once I got in and all that was left was $28 seats, I decided not to bother. Disappointing that they didn't put limits on how many tix people could buy but I guess they only cared about hitting the 10K number.

Anyone who REALLY wants to go to this but didn't get tickets from the official seller should just wait it out for a few weeks/months. Right now the ticket prices on StubHub are crazy because they are taking advantage of the super marks freaking out that "OH MY GOD IT'S SO POPULAR ALL THE TICKETS ARE SOLD OUT, I WILL PAY ANYTHING TO BE ABLE TO GO TO THIS!" Most of the talk about this I've seen on twitter has been about how people who wanted to go DIDN'T get tickets so I think the majority of what was sold went to scalpers.

Once the super marks have all bought their tickets at 4-5x their face value, I suspect the prices will really start coming down. I would even guess that if you wait until the day of the event you'll probably be able to buy tickets for LESS than face value.

Pretty awful if the building is half-empty because scalpers got all the tickets and couldn't sell them back.

Well they have been kind of in the habit of making big mistakes. Like building your new brand on Tim Storm and Jocephus

What's wrong with Jocephus? I wouldn't build a company around him, but he seems like a solid addition to any roster.

(Note: I've only seen promos, never matches. Does he stink up the ring?)

Yeah, scalpers definitely grabbed almost everything. I was in the waiting room gimmick for 30+ minutes after I had already been on the site half an hour before tix went on sale.

From everything I've read, there was no limit on per-person sales so it's likely that a lot of tickets were bought by experienced scalpers who do this all the time. I've seen way more complaints about the website and the StubHub prices than people saying they actually bought tickets on the official website. The other argument is "But there aren't even that many tickets on StubHub!" which is true but also it wouldn't make sense to immediately put 1000 tickets on StubHub because that would ruin the artificial scarcity mark up they have going on there now that is allowing them to sell ringside seats for $1000+

Yeah, scalpers definitely grabbed almost everything. I was in the waiting room gimmick for 30+ minutes after I had already been on the site half an hour before tix went on sale.

From everything I've read, there was no limit on per-person sales so it's likely that a lot of tickets were bought by experienced scalpers who do this all the time. I've seen way more complaints about the website and the StubHub prices than people saying they actually bought tickets on the official website. The other argument is "But there aren't even that many tickets on StubHub!" which is true but also it wouldn't make sense to immediately put 1000 tickets on StubHub because that would ruin the artificial scarcity mark up they have going on there now that is allowing them to sell ringside seats for $1000+
Correct. More will trickle out as these sell over the next couple weeks. I wish they had given more forethought to this happening.

Well when you most important thing is to claim that you sold out at 10,000 people, does it really matter who gets those tickets. While I am shitting on them for this, pretty much every wrestling, sports. and concert company/group would want and do this.

I do love Dave arguing about semantics about whether they were sold to brokers or fans. You know the same Dave that just had to tell people on the day Bruno died that he didn't sell out MSG 187 or whatever number they come up with times

Anyone who REALLY wants to go to this but didn't get tickets from the official seller should just wait it out for a few weeks/months. Right now the ticket prices on StubHub are crazy because they are taking advantage of the super marks freaking out that "OH MY GOD IT'S SO POPULAR ALL THE TICKETS ARE SOLD OUT, I WILL PAY ANYTHING TO BE ABLE TO GO TO THIS!" Most of the talk about this I've seen on twitter has been about how people who wanted to go DIDN'T get tickets so I think the majority of what was sold went to scalpers.

Once the super marks have all bought their tickets at 4-5x their face value, I suspect the prices will really start coming down. I would even guess that if you wait until the day of the event you'll probably be able to buy tickets for LESS than face value.

Yeah, I'm stunned by the people who are like "I guess I'm not going." News flash - either not that many tickets actually got to scalpers (in which case, the tickets went to other real fans) or the price is going to come down.

Good for the Bucks and Cody for getting the treatment that a top level concert would. Still impressive to fully sell it out that quickly.

Ended up with first level on the side - not great, but also not particularly expensive, and I want to be in that building for this. Going to keep an eye on the prices for those floor tickets, though.

Well when you most important thing is to claim that you sold out at 10,000 people, does it really matter who gets those tickets. While I am shitting on them for this, pretty much every wrestling, sports. and concert company/group would want and do this.

I do love Dave arguing about semantics about whether they were sold to brokers or fans. You know the same Dave that just had to tell people on the day Bruno died that he didn't sell out MSG 187 or whatever number they come up with times

Um Dave is congratulating them...thinks they could have run a bigger building...Dave also pointed out that 50 tickets are on StubHub as opposed to the 2000 for Mania the day after. This doesn't seem to be a Scalpers problem.

Um Dave is congratulating them...thinks they could have run a bigger building...Dave also pointed out that 50 tickets are on StubHub as opposed to the 2000 for Mania the day after. This doesn't seem to be a Scalpers problem.
As was stated earlier, they aren't going to flood the market on StubHub immediately. This isn't an 80,000 seat building like the Superdome.

Regardless, the ticket website was really bad.

I tried getting them and after 47 minutes or so just gave up. Kept telling me none were available at all the prices I was picking. I figured something must be not working with the site. I guess it was legit. Crazy that they sold out that quick. I know those ticket brokers got a bunch, but I'm not going to pay those prices. I figured it would a fun show to bring my 12 year old twins to, but I guess it wasn't meant to be.

I waited in the room for about 30 minutes or so. Once purchasing became 'available', all prices ranges were unavailable. I didn't think I would need to coordinate with anyone for this which is why I didn't tell anyone to get me a ticket and Venmo in return (regardless of the ticket price). Show is in Sept. I will check back in August to see if prices have gone down (dealing with Stubhub in the past, I know this to be true). As of right now, I am tentatively still #ALLIN.

On another note, I am glad that people are actually taking the right cues from WWE. WrestleMania doesn't sellout every year because of the card or who is in the main event. It sales out every year because of WWE's call to action and appeal to the human condition of wanting to see magic, moments, and pageantry. The Bucks & Cody didn't go into this as marks and thing just announcing X vs. Y would do the trick. They sold a movement and a moment. WWE is all about history and 'making history', its good to see that Cody and company are smart enough to take notes and realize that its not the 80's anymore.