Pro Wrestling Only

The 10,000 person crowd

sek69

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I initially tried to get on the website when the tickets went on sale. I couldn't get on the website because the server was down due to huge demand for tickets.

Then I tried again after a little while, I was placed in the "virtual waiting room." This took a long time and by the time it was my turn, I tried to get tickets... but all tickets were gone. It turned out they sold out within 29 minutes and 36 seconds.

I decided to check on Stub Hub and Vivid Seats. I decided to buy a ticket at Vivid Seats. Obviously I had to pay more than four times face value, but I guess everybody's got a price (or I guess I'm just a mark).

I know I should have just waited till prices go down. Unfortunately, I'm someone who likes to plan things way ahead of time and I just wanted to get my ticket right now so I can plan my trip (book time off, etc.).

So... I guess I'm All In! I guess I should be happy about it and I am, but somehow I feel a bit disappointed... I guess because I couldn't get a ticket the easy and cheap way.

I hope that ticket I bought off Vivid Seats is not going to be invalid for whatever reason. I got an instant download and the ticket looked legit.

Either way, there's the Starrcast convention that weekend too, so it's not like All In is the only reason I'd be travelling to the Chicago area (but, All In is still the main reason). The Starrcast line-up looks pretty cool. Tickets for Starrcast go on sale 8 PM ET.

I hope some of you guys who don't have tickets will eventually get tickets at a decent price off Stub Hub or Vivid Seats.

I checked on both sites today and here's what I counted...

Vivid Seats currently has 131 All In tickets listed, ranging from $200.00 to $1836.00.

Stub Hub currently has 381 All In tickets! Ranging from $165.00 to $2,000.00. There's this one person who apparently bought eight floor seats in section C and is selling them for $1,200.00 each. I wish we could get those seats for a decent price. Oh well...

$200 -- $1,800+ for second hand tickets for basically an indy show? Yikes, no thanks.

I'm a big fan of indy wres., but I could pay $25 and watch most of these guys live at another event.

Sure I get the novelty of the event and all and cool for those who actually went ahead and paid whatever they did for their tickets, but to me, personally, that's way more than I'd be willing to pay for most events.

$200 -- $1,800+ for second hand tickets for basically an indy show? Yikes, no thanks.

I'm a big fan of indy wres., but I could pay $25 and watch most of these guys live at another event.

Sure I get the novelty of the event and all and cool for those who actually went ahead and paid whatever they did for their tickets, but to me, personally, that's way more than I'd be willing to pay for most events.

At this point it feels more akin to a suped up NJPW USA/ROH show. Just calling it an indie (let the record show that it is indie, NOT indy) doesn't necessarily put the show in the right context.

Starting to move past this WATERSHED MOMENT IN PROFESSIONAL WRESTLING HISTORY and wondering what the card ends up being. Is this just going to be a three hour long BTE episode? Is it going to be a dream match factory? Will be a platform to showcase non-WWE wrestling? I don't know but I'm interested in finding out. I hope to god they don't take the Naylor advice of doing a non-advertised card because I'm selfish I want to know.

I’d predict that it will be a lot of BTE stuff. That has gotten pretty played out for me but there is obviously still a large appetite for it. They managed to turn the NOLA ROH show into essentially 50% BTE so I’d expect more of the same here. I’m probably most interested to see what the do with Okada and Rey. Like, the LAST thing I need to see is Rey Mysterio vs Flip fucking Gordon.

Will there be other secondary shows that pop up that weekend?

AAW is already running and there is the Starrcast event that All In is putting on, with a bunch of podcasts/convention type stuff.

This is almost sold out at as well. I bought a ticket last night. I don't care about the podcasts, but I'm a wrestling merch collector and there will be a lot of vendors and autograph meet and greets. Should be fun.

Can we agree, scalpers are fucking worst?

As a video game fan, and especially a Nintendo fan, yes. Scalpers are the absolute fucking worst. Especially the ones who go into local Facebook groups and brag about how they have tons of the item you want and are willing to sell it to you for 10x the MSRP.

Can we agree, scalpers are fucking worst?

As a video game fan, and especially a Nintendo fan, yes. Scalpers are the absolute fucking worst. Especially the ones who go into local Facebook groups and brag about how they have tons of the item you want and are willing to sell it to you for 10x the MSRP.

Double fuck those guys for buying up all the retro shit and then try to sell it for more than eBay prices.

As mentioned earlier, I will check around August for tickets and I don't do the whole 'watching wrestling by myself' live thing. So I will purchase 2-4 tickets and if someone wants to venmo me or just buy me a drink that would be cool. But, again, we shall see. :)

Same here. My normal wrestling buddy wound up getting a seat from someone else the next day after I was unable to get them when they were on sale so I'd be in the same position

I bought Everdrives for most of my systems. It's essentially a cart you can put an SD card in and it plays like the actual game does. I still buy Sega Master System games but SNES in particular is insane with what people want. I despise the people that want $150 for a system that looks like shit and their copy of Mario World and the other 4 games everyone else had.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Less than two months to go until All In (and the accompanying Starrcast convention).

In case if anyone is wondering...

At Stubhub, many tickets are available with prices currently ranging from $130 to $1, 750...

I'm actually looking forward to All In and the Starrcast convention.

At Starrcast, there will be some interesting meet & greet sessions… legends like Terry Funk, Jerry Lawler, Sean Waltman, etc. will be having meet & greet sessions, as well as the actual All In talent, like Kenny Omega, Kota Ibushi, Rey Misterio Jr., etc.

Not sure how many more people here are considering going to All In/Starrcast or not...

By the way, apparently the event will be shown on fite.tv

• 3 weeks later...

Distribution plans for All-In were announced. 

- Traditional PPV
- FITE app
- HonorClub

The show will be $39.99.

The first hour will air on WGN America starting at 6. The PPV will be live at 7. I really hope WGN America won't be the only way to watch the first hour.

Current card

NWA Worlds Heavyweight Championship
Nick Aldis (c) vs. Cody Rhodes

Kazuchika Okada vs. Marty Scurll

Adam Page vs. Joey Janela (with Penelope Ford)

Rey Mysterio, Bandido, and Fenix vs. The Young Bucks and Kota Ibushi

Stephen Amell vs. Christopher Daniels

The Over Budget Battle Royale - Zero Hour Pre-Show
Jordynne Grace, Moose, Rocky Romero, Colt Cabana, Ethan Page, and TBA

Zero Hero Pre-Show
The Briscoes vs. Frankie Kazarian and Scorpio Sky

46 minutes ago, joeg said:

That is a really disappointing card.  There have probably been 15 shows in the past week with stronger cards than this. 

Yeah, it's a really underwhelming lineup. Other than the presence of some big names, this pretty much feels like a glorified ROH house show. But they already made their money, I guess. They better hope this wildly exceeds expectations and knocks it out of the park, or All-In 2 won't draw nearly the same interest or numbers.