Pro Wrestling Only

The XFL is returning?

Grimmas

I really think this is going to end up being a bullshit rumor and it will turn out that Vince just wants to invest in a legit sports team or something.

If not, this will mark the beginning of what people in later years will refer to as "Vince's decline." He'd have to be batshit crazy or in the early stages of dementia to think the XFL is viable to invest in again.

If it ends up being true maybe they would show the original ones on the network.

If they thought out of order regional rasslin' uploads did poor numbers, those would seem gigantic in comparison to what they'd get for old XFL games.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm curious how this new company would affect WWE. If Vince does make several investments in pro sports and other entertainment, would he manage that company while handling 5 hours of WWE TV a week and everything else a CEO of a billion-dollar company does? Would he step back from creative a bit and give HHH a leash? I could see him doing it for a few weeks before snapping, at least.

This seems like a pretty naked attempt to profit from political divisions to me. Trump, who hates the NFL, will be more than happy to help his good friend by talking about his football league on Twitter, and it'll become alt-right football and take a front seat in the culture wars, or at least that's the idea. Sylvester McMonkey McMahon.

The thing about that is particpation rates in youth football is slowly declining, and more and more folks are uneasy with watching what essentially is concussionball on TV at the levels they used to, but somehow a Certain Segment has decided it's all the fault of black guys kneeling.

Plus there's also still the reason the XFL folded in the first place: for all the bells and whistles they came up with the play on the field largely sucked. There's probably some quality players out there not on NFL teams, but it's not likely a new league will be able to afford any of them.

I think, at least in theory, it would go beyond football and become a part of identity politics. If someone sees you in an XFL shirt, for example, they'll be able to make certain assumptions. Think MAGA hat 2.0.

This is a great point and surely, the more savvy board members of WWE will be resistant to it? I know for a fact that a Mr. Levesque will see a massive opportunity stemming from this, if everything pans out how people are expecting.

I think, at least in theory, it would go beyond football and become a part of identity politics. If someone sees you in an XFL shirt, for example, they'll be able to make certain assumptions. Think MAGA hat 2.0.

This is a great point and surely, the more savvy board members of WWE will be resistant to it? I know for a fact that a Mr. Levesque will see a massive opportunity stemming from this, if everything pans out how people are expecting.

Theres probably money in it though.

That if Vince falls on his face with this again, it'll be more than enough ammunition to future endeavor him?

Lots of interesting side stories here

Due to them working together now something tells me .ESPN will be more supportive this time when they treated the XFL like a joke back in 2001. It's still going to take a massive pr plan to not have this treated with dismissive glee by the general media. But again they will have espn on their side which is huge.

And yeah with Vince distracted from the core product this is going to be Hunter's chance to basically steer the ship creatively. And from the sound of it this will happen in the heart of mania season

Is the Total Divas franchise the only actually successful "outside traditional pro wrestling" project they've ever had? Obviously The World and the XFL were tremendous money losers, but I don't think any of their movies been successful (I seem to remember the first one breaking even, and the others all being diminishing returns).