Pro Wrestling Only

Proposal for 2018: Match Review Trades

Matt D

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I don't have one given to me by tomorrow I'll jump on one of the other matches given out.

I recommend The Carnies vs. Hysteria from last years Dynamite Cup.

I thought this started out good. The Carnies are clearly the heels and give a decent enough shine. The dorky looking guy from Hysteria was the right choice as the FIP. I didn't care for the hot tag as having to take time cutting down the big man takes a lot away from any energy it might have brought. Said big man's bumping needs some work too. He doesn't fall over and doesn't fall over, but when he does it's this ridiculous Curt Hennig style bump. Once we get past that we get to all of the cutesy stuff that I can't stand in modern wrestling. And not two guys exchanging strikes, but four and on their knees, YAY! I hope the sarcasm comes across. Poor execution throughout and a waste of a good enough Southern tag start make this one a dud for me.

Alright, I'm still going to be behind for a few more days. Life's been busy. But I will watch the Santo retirement match and give it a worthy response! smartmark is off. I have some suspicions about where we're going with this (in that the experiment might have been great and gotten us a couple hundred reviews, but it might be petering off for a few months), but I'm happy to see where this week takes us.

Randomizer says:

jetlag
dawho5
Nintendo Logic
Grimmas
Matt D
Headcheese
fxnj
SirEdger
Victator
JoeG
Headcheese, I will look forward to bitching about your match when you give it to me and I'll try to find you something suitable as well.

Matt D I will let you choose, so I am not the only one talking about the Lucha Turtles and/or Sea Food Pro Wrestling.(I think those were to the names). If you want to choose a different match, tell me.

5/27 Sea Food Pro Wrestling Nashi-kun VS 1234 gōya

2/23 IWRG Los Tortugas Ninja vs. Capo Del Norte, Dragon Bane, Rokambole Jr., and Villano V Jr. (One of my favorite matches this year)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lPlPR3IAU0  

I haven't seen any turtles this year so I'll go for that, thanks! Been having some technical difficulties but for you I've got some easy, kind of well-known ones that I'd be curious on your thoughts on. You can pick though both are kind of short.

I feel bad doing this as someone (especially someone who generally has a lot of valuable things to say about wrestling) wants to jump on, but I'm pretty sure we've run our course with this iteration of the experiment. We made it six months and a lot of reviews, but attrition is a powerful force. 

If you guys want to keep throwing matches at each other in this thread, great. If someone else wants to randomly generate the draws for the people that are left and have been active, that's great too. 

Otherwise, my plans are to let this sit for a while and to come back after Thanksgiving with Secret Santo II on the idea that we get a couple of months out of a refreshed community over the holidays. 

I'll still hit my last two matches and write them up. It might just be another week or so. 

Thanks for everyone who participated. I think we all had a lot of fun with this.

9 hours ago, Matt D said:

I feel bad doing this as someone (especially someone who generally has a lot of valuable things to say about wrestling) wants to jump on, but I'm pretty sure we've run our course with this iteration of the experiment. We made it six months and a lot of reviews, but attrition is a powerful force. 

Thanks, I appreciate it. I'll throw out some matches for HeadCheese and dawho5 just to wrap this up.

17 hours ago, HeadCheese said:

I can pair up with you if you want, it will probably take while for me to reveiw your match.

I will try to find something I recommend for you soon.

Akira Maeda vs. Masakatsu Funaki, UWF 10/25/1990

15 hours ago, dawho5 said:

I go Jetlag last week and have seen nothing yet.  I can pair up with Microstatics.  No worries on watching a few matches if need be.

Shawn Michaels vs. Chris Jericho from The Bash 2008

For Microstatistics I recommend Nashi-kun VS 1234 gōya from Sea Food Pro Wrestling and 5/27 this year and/or Biff Busick and Drew Gulak vs. Devastation Corporation (Flex Rumblecrunch and Max Smashmaster) from 11/24/2014 Beyond Wrestling in a battle of nearly completely opposite matches.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Alright guys, here we go. 

Secret Santo 2018-2019 is upon us. Welcome. The rules are simple: 

1. You let me know that you are in.

2. I use a randomizer to create pairs.

3. You do a modicum of research into your partner using the board and suggest a match. It should be something easily available and not of an unreasonable length. You guys can talk it over via PMs if you want.

4. Your partner selects a match for you.

5. Both of you take the week to watch and review the matches here or in its respective match thread. Because of the time limit, the sooner you guys get each other your matches, the better.

6. I reshuffle the deck and we do it again the following week. We do it until it's no longer working, but definitely though Xmas.

From last time, what makes this work is threefold. First, take a couple of minutes and figure out who your partner is. Second, communicate: if you won't be able to watch your match during the week, just let everyone know. It's ok. Third, even if you can't watch your match, try to get your partner one as soon as possible. Easy stuff, right?

I figure we do the first shuffle in December 1st. Joe is in. I'm in. I bet Jetlag is in. Who else?