Pro Wrestling Only

Royal Rumble 2018 Predictions

Gutenberger

I know this is a separate conversation, but I'd throw Big E's name right in there with Rusev's as a guy that if you put him in there in the final 4 alongside Reigns, Corbin, and, say, Sheamus and Jinder, I think that crowd would rally behind Big E. I thought the New Day's popularity was dwindling when they jumped to SmackDown way back, but the Usos feud was great and kept them over and Big E, while maybe not the most versatile guy in the group, has the size to go face-to-face with anybody on the roster - Lesnar included.

Now, I'm not saying Big E/AJ Styles is where they should go for WrestleMania just like I don't think anyone really sees Rusev as a legit contender, but the larger point is - moving into 2019, maybe instead of trying to fabricate stars like they did with Jinder this year, they should actually give a shot to some of these guys who are actually over. Big E/Styles and Rusev/Styles remind me of those times Flair would face someone like Bobby Eaton or Ricky Morton where the challenger was obviously on a lesser tier but the matches worked because both guys were over, were very good at what they did, and the pairing was fresh.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I won't criticize them for not pushing Rusev when they haven't not pushed Rusev yet, even if I don't expect it. But I would put his chances above someone like Daniel Bryan for a variety of reasons. He's a big guy and he's their own creation.

If they're putting a heel over (especially a midcard one like Corbin or someone), I could see him in the Santino role vs ADR. It's not like any of that actually worked though.

Going back to the prediction stuff, I just hope it won't suck like last year (yeah it had the great Cena vs Aj match and fuck else, with the Braun section of the Rumble being the only real fun part of the match), because if I stay up all night to watch it with you people, they better book some good shit.

Now, I'm not saying Big E/AJ Styles is where they should go for WrestleMania just like I don't think anyone really sees Rusev as a legit contender, but the larger point is - moving into 2019, maybe instead of trying to fabricate stars like they did with Jinder this year

I don't think Rusev as ever been seen as a legit contender, not after he was losing to undercard guys. The best thing he's ever had in his career is putting over Cena on 3 separate consecutive PPVs.

Please, don't give them any ideas. The last thing the Women's Rumble needs is a Stephanie McMahon entry.

They would probably have her win it too being the first womens Rumble.

Dave said on WOR that Miz has a big match planned for WM, so he's getting a big push right now. This and the staredown from last night suggests there's fire behind the smoke of Daniel Bryan getting cleared.

This could legit be the biggest potential match in their arsenal right now

Dave said on WOR that Miz has a big match planned for WM, so he's getting a big push right now. This and the staredown from last night suggests there's fire behind the smoke of Daniel Bryan getting cleared.

This could legit be the biggest potential match in their arsenal right now

Hell yeah I had to click that one.

Forgive me for asking, but how do you do the spoiler tag? There's one I'm surprised hasn't been mentioned yet.

You go to that third icon over on the top tool bar. It looks like a horizontal bar graph and when you hover it says "Special BBCode" Once you click that use the pulldown menu to select spoiler and type or copy/paste what you want into the box.

It took me entirely too long to figure that out when I was first trying.

per newest Observer, Miz v Braun is the plan for Mania

I am much more for this than I am the original rumor in the spoiler you quoted.