Pro Wrestling Only

Royal Rumble 2018 Predictions

Gutenberger

Still waiting for someone to bet me on Stephanie. She's not in it, if you think she is let's put something on it.

Maybe no one else thinks she's going to be in it either

I'll take the bet. Stephanie's ego won't allow her not to "make history"!

Awesome.. name your terms? Stupid avatars, money, forced match reviews? What can I win?

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The women are nowhere ready to be main eventing a Summerslam let alone a Mania. I'm all for the women being treated with more respect and being given more opportunities but the reality is no women's match is strong enough to main event. A match like Sasha/Charlotte is fine for a regular PPV without a hot world title match but that's not going to happen on a big show. Ronda is a big enough star but she's never wrestler a match in her life and having the women main event Mania in a ** match does way more bad than good for them. I'm all for it if they earn but they're not even close to earning it. None of them are over enough to warrant top billing over guys like Roman and Brock or even AJ. If something gets as hot as Sasha/Bayley in NXT then fine but none of the women are anywhere close to that level of overness. Everything the women earned in NXT was organic and is why it got over so well. Everything on the main roster has been fake and forced pat ourselves on the back and give Steph all the credit shit.

I think the women's rumble is going to badly expose just how far the division as a whole has to come, especially in terms of in ring ability. Charlotte, Asuka and Sasha are great and Bayley and Becky are good but everyone else just aren't lose to the level they're being pushed at. Nia's better than she gets credit for but her and Alexa generally can't match the standards of men's midcard matches. Natalya's ratio of bad matches is pretty shocking given her technical ability. And then the Carmella's, Naomi's, Mandy's and Liv's of the roster just aren't very good. Add in all the cameo's and you're going to end up with a good 60-80% of the match being below average workers that aren't even all that over. So I expect Sasha and/or Becky to be in for a long night. I'm not expecting it to be goos but hopefully with all the vacant entry spots it's going to be fun and might end up beating the men's match just for pure drama and unpredictability, especially if Ronda shows up. The men's match I can't believe how little excitement I have for it. Don't see any random cameos after the last few years and how many the other match will have, most of the guys in it are blah and there's no potentially exciting winners. It seems a 3 horse race between Nakamura, Reigns and Cena and none of them and what they'll setup are exciting.

I'd bet money on Ronda/Charlotte being just as good and probably better than the last two Mania main events(HHH/Roman and Roman/Taker). At least it probably wouldn't go 30, and one half of the match wouldn't be an old cripple.

"Everything the women earned in NXT was organic and is why it got over so well. Everything on the main roster has been fake and forced pat ourselves on the back and give Steph all the credit shit.'

I agree with this, but it's WWE. Nothing involving the women has been more forced than Roman Reigns' push.

Here's a bet I would make: Tomorrow is the first ever women's Royal Rumble match. This time next year, I don't think there will be a second women's Royal Rumble match.

That I would take you up on. It might be 20 women with 30 second intervals next year, but they cant go back on it so soon.

I don’t think Charlotte has been on a particularly good run lately, personally. I would rather see Rousey vs Asuka or Lynch, even.

From where I'm sitting Charlotte has been completely mediocre since turning face. I thought she was one of the absolute highlights of 2016, both on the mic and in the ring, but haven't found a single thing she's done special since last year's Mania.

I don’t think Charlotte has been on a particularly good run lately, personally. I would rather see Rousey vs Asuka or Lynch, even.

From where I'm sitting Charlotte has been completely mediocre since turning face. I thought she was one of the absolute highlights of 2016, both on the mic and in the ring, but haven't found a single thing she's done special since last year's Mania.

Agreed. Her promos have been especially bad.

Charlotte's not half as good as a babyface but in her defence she's been given nothing booking wise and barely any half decent opponents let alone singles matches. She had the best match with Naomi she's ever had when she first moved over though. But after that she's been just another woman in multi person matches and had a couple of matches with Natalya ruined by trash booking. Even now she's an afterthought on the show. I know she doesn't have a match to promote but at least Alexa is doing something on Raw and building to the Asuka match.

Still waiting for someone to bet me on Stephanie. She's not in it, if you think she is let's put something on it.

Maybe no one else thinks she's going to be in it either

I'll take the bet. Stephanie's ego won't allow her not to "make history"!

Awesome.. name your terms? Stupid avatars, money, forced match reviews? What can I win?

I will need some time to think about it. I will give myself a deadline ( 8PM EST) and then I will post the stips here. I don't want to shoot from the hip right now and give you something you will enjoy once you lose this bet! :)

My friend is convinced that Braun is going to lose the 3-way title match & be a surprise entrant in the Rumble & win that.

I'm not saying he's wrong, necessarily, I'm just saying seeing a 385lb man pull double-duty on a PPV would surprise me. Even if the 3-way goes on early and he's #30, I can't imagine him not being gassed.

I'm hoping The Miz wins the Rumble at this point. And I hope Braun wins the title. Strike while he's hot, right?

If Braun is winning the title they wouldn't waste space with Kane in the match. And if he did by some miracle he did win it is only going to be for a month which is another waste

I would assume it is either Reigns, Balor, or Nakamura and everyone else is just there for the show.

Since I really have no idea if Rousey is going to be there or not I have no idea who is winning the women's match.

Even though I think there is no way Styles is losing the title, I am curious how they are going to handle it. I assume that the finish will be Owens screwing Zayn out of a pinfall and then Zayn screwing Owens so AJ wins.

wait Shemaus is 40? Either he started late or his developmental time was so much longer than I remember

Based on the co-champion thing, it wouldn't make sense for Owens or Zayn to break up pins since they'd be champion no matter who gets the fall. So they'll have to think outside the box a little.

Yeah, that’s why it seems like such a dumb idea, as opposed to just doing a triple threat that plays out like a handicap match. They must have some fix that they think is clever.