Pro Wrestling Only

Fire Pro World X New Japan

sek69

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that should be awesome. I've been playing the PC version since it came out on early release and it is great. Reportedly, the Management of the Ring mode is going to be made available as DLC this month. I'll definitely get that. If the NJPW mode is made available for PC I'd consider paying more for that, too.

I have the Steam version on PC and love it so far and I'll probably buy the PS4 copy as well because I'm a big Fire Pro mark but this NJPW license is great! such a big roster they can do and who knows maybe ROH or CMLL might also join in but even if it's just NJPW having licensed characters in Fire Pro is a cool evolution.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Bumping as the PS4 US version is due out 08/28. Not very current with games anymore so, apologies if this is old news. Saw this come up on YouTube recommedations. Spike Chunsoft has two promo commercials featuring Omega and Ibushi released on the 30th of June. Very psyched on the game footage of the NJ guys doing their finishers as well as small screen shots of the included NJ roster. Sure as hell look a lot better than my Fire Pro Returns versions :)

To anyone who's been playing this on Steam, how similar/different is the game play? New moves? The NJPW inclusion is a big plus but, is it more than a HD version FPR?

12 hours ago, G. Badger said:

To anyone who's been playing this on Steam, how similar/different is the game play? New moves? The NJPW inclusion is a big plus but, is it more than a HD version FPR?

It is basically the Fire Pro you know and love in HD - they definitely did not reinvent the wheel for the latest version. I'm sure there are new moves, tweaks, polishes, etc., but if you've played a Fire Pro game in the past, you know exactly what to expect here.

I have 485 hours logged on World. But I've created close to 70 CAW's and do a ton of simming. 

As stated above, they certainly didn't stray far from past games, but it looks fantastic, there is a lot more to come, and the community has created anyone you could ever want from Farmer Burns to Zan Panzer.

My biggest issue with the game is that for a $30 price tag, I thought it would 1. be an improvement over the previous Fire Pro games (it's pretty much identical) and 2. would feature online play. At least on Steam, no one is EVER playing online. So unless you like beating on the computer, the game isn't worth it price wise because it gets boring super quickly. 

I'm hoping with the New Japan tie-in & console release the numbers will go up a lot & people will start playing online. Right now, it feels like a $15 game with a $30 price tag.

A lot of wrestling fans nowadays, certainly WWE game fans, are accustomed to having a lot more game modes & what not. This game has generic entrances, not really any music, generic game modes... it is going to feel incomplete. Like the Landmine match is just... bad.

The Steam Workshop community is fantastic though. You can find anyone & everyone. Make all the rings you can think of, get all the wrestlers you want. That part is really cool.

3 minutes ago, Coffey said:

My biggest issue with the game is that for a $30 price tag, I thought it would 1. be an improvement over the previous Fire Pro games (it's pretty much identical) and 2. would feature online play. At least on Steam, no one is EVER playing online. So unless you like beating on the computer, the game isn't worth it price wise because it gets boring super quickly. 

I'm hoping with the New Japan tie-in & console release the numbers will go up a lot & people will start playing online. Right now, it feels like a $15 game with a $30 price tag.

A lot of wrestling fans nowadays, certainly WWE game fans, are accustomed to having a lot more game modes & what not. This game has generic entrances, not really any music, generic game modes... it is going to feel incomplete. Like the Landmine match is just... bad.

The Steam Workshop community is fantastic though. You can find anyone & everyone. Make all the rings you can think of, get all the wrestlers you want. That part is really cool.

Yeah, this is kinda what I was afraid of. I played FPR to death from the day it came out in the US and would be buying the game and system here like Zoo Enthusiast.

I've been searching out what I could. The move mods and characters made by players for Steam look amazing. I've seen some videos where there's a different camera angle as well but, think its a mod as well. Skeptical of anything like that being available on PS4. Character swaps excluded.

The fact that NJPW is onboard to the point where they may have up to 50 characters (with their moves) and a Super Jr. story mode (with DLC) makes it worth considering. 

$30 is much more enticing than $50 though. The $20 "NJ fee " better be worth it :)

Thanks for the replies!

I'd love it even if it just an FPR update. FPR is pretty much the only game I play (or sim rather) and it's been my constant for 13 years but at this point I'm falling behind on my game being current as far as missing a lot of today's stars with a limit on amount of edits. The idea of unlimited edits sounds fantastic. But I don't yet have a PS4 and my comp likely wouldn't run Steam well.

22 hours ago, Alucard said:

I'd love it even if it just an FPR update. FPR is pretty much the only game I play (or sim rather) and it's been my constant for 13 years but at this point I'm falling behind on my game being current as far as missing a lot of today's stars with a limit on amount of edits. The idea of unlimited edits sounds fantastic. But I don't yet have a PS4 and my comp likely wouldn't run Steam well.

Yeah, I'm with you there. FPR works awesome for the late 80s- early 2000s style of wrestling but, the development of "new moves" in the late 2000s and '10s has revolutionized mainstream wrestling. 

I'd like to keep FPR as my "classic" roster as I've fine tuned all of my old school AJ, NJ, UWF, NOAH guys there. The 

This version would essentially be my "contemporary" version with NJ and others. Probably just repeating myself but, I do hope there's enough new moves/animations to make the gameplay closer to the current style of NJ/WWE/ROH. The other mode where it shows Yuji Nagata and inclusion of Omega & Ibushi's Golden Trigger tag move is promising that they've expanded it a little more.