Pro Wrestling Only

Fire Pro World X New Japan

sek69

The only way would be to run something like Wine or another Windows emulator and run it from there. There probably won't be a direct Mac port since that platform is practically non existent in Japan (same reason there's no Xbox One version either). 

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, C.S. said:

Came out for PS4 today. Did anyone else get it? The "Day One" Edition apparently comes with an NJPW Almanac. I haven't opened mine up yet to take a look though.

I'd like to know this too, as I'm considering making the switch.

I should be getting mine in the mail tomorrow. Have a couple days off work too so, will probably go gang busters :)I'm psyched to be getting the almanac as well. Don't have a ton of puro memorabilia but, I think it'll be a nice addition.

5 hours ago, G. Badger said:

I should be getting mine in the mail tomorrow. Have a couple days off work too so, will probably go gang busters :)I'm psyched to be getting the almanac as well. Don't have a ton of puro memorabilia but, I think it'll be a nice addition.

I'm waiting out on the PC version. I've never been great at the Fire Pro games, but if it has the NJPW label on it then it will get my financial support! 

The almanac sounds like a nice idea for a freebie; you'll have to post your thoughts on it when it arrives. :-)

Ok got my copy and looks pretty good so far...the case that is :) The cover featuring NJPW stars really makes it feel like a NJ game with the Fire Pro engine.

The almanac is honestly a little bit disappointing. I didn't get the game solely for this but, I was hoping for a tad more. However, it is still pretty cool. 

Its the size and paper stock of a instruction manual but, in the style of a puro program (like you'd buy at a show). It has all of the wrestlers (separated by faction) and a small bio, their in ring avatar, their character traits, and point spread for their skills. I anticipate that bit of reference being helpful in creating wrestlers especially for folks that like "making" rather than downloading.

If you're hoping for a mini book type almanac (which I think they showed in some promo material), that's not the case.

24 minutes ago, superkix said:

Waiting for the Switch version

It should be noted that while a Switch version has not specifically been announced, the devs said if the PS4 version sells then they would look into one. The PS4 version came to exist because the Steam version exceeded expectations, so they're not just blowing smoke.  

Got to play a little bit last night and am very happy with it. The edit mode seems massive especially for the appearances. Its a little daunting actually but, I'd rather it be that way for the price.

Did a few matches with Tanahashi, Suzuki, Fale, and Naito: face animation is much clearer so, they actually look like their real life counterparts. R2 functions as a pin button so X & Circle can be loaded with attacks. Oh and the default CPU AI setting is much improved and realistic. Strike battle is a nice thing that only happened a couple times per match too.

Almost forgot! Each match, even exhibition, is rated with a percentage. I suppose that feeds into the focus on match ratings but, its nice :) Seems more lenient than FPR's match maker mode.

• 4 weeks later...

Not into creating, no problem.

Not into downloading.....I'd probably stay away.

You can pretty much download any wrestler ever. From George Hackenschmidt to Lazer Tron to Adrian Street to Adam Cole, they are out there. But the game itself just comes with about 30 made up wrestlers, and the New Japan guys that were just released.