Pro Wrestling Only

Wrestlemania Weekend 2018

Cap

That Janela vs Sasuke match is going to be so bonkers. Aside from (probably) Mania itself, Spring Break is the show I am looking most forward to. Janela is talking about how every event could be a main event and while that is classic promotion... i also believe that dude when he say something.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That Janela vs Sasuke match is going to be so bonkers. Aside from (probably) Mania itself, Spring Break is the show I am looking most forward to. Janela is talking about how every event could be a main event and while that is classic promotion... i also believe that dude when he say something.

I'm a sober guy who doesn't stay up past 10:30 often but that show is so appealing to me. I don't think I'll go but might just play it by ear.

Any word yet on who will be appearing at the Shimmer 100 show on April 7? Debating between that and the CZW show, if I do end up making the trip.

SHIMMER 100

SATURDAY - APRIL 7th, 2018
BELLTIME: 4PM CDT

SHIMMER Championship Match

Nicole Savoy defends vs. Mercedes Martinez
Heart of SHIMMER Championship Match
Shazza McKenzie defends vs. Tessa Blanchard
Nicole Matthews vs. Toni Storm
Madison Eagles vs. Deonna Purrazzo
Also in action:
SHIMMER Tag Team Champions Leva Bates & Delilah Doom
Mia Yim
Ashley Lane (aka Madison Rayne)
LuFisto
Hudson Envy
Veda Scott
Britt Baker
Chelsea Green (aka Laurel Van Ness)
Kellyanne
Plus more competitors still to be announced

Going to be another interesting year figuring out how streaming stuff is working. FloSlam is out but PROGRESS and Beyond are there...PROGRESS probably won't be excited to trust WWN with streaming again and Beyond is fully on board with Powerbomb.tv. Then the WrestleCon stuff being linked to HSWN who did some live stream last year.

So far the weekend seems in line with delivering buck wild stuff. Sasuke, Suzuki, Sawa, WALTER, and Sekimoto being present means we are bound to get some TOP NOTCH NOVELTY ACTION!

Someone said Sasuke might suck now, but I wanted to make it clear. Sasuke is still a fucking maniac, and is a perfect matchup for Joey.

Yeah, this isn't about putting on some traditional five star classic. This is about crazy people doing absolutely crazy things. There will be a work rate match or two on there, but this is going to be the ultimate variety show. Any sleep I get between he two progress shows is a bonus.

• 2 weeks later...

Listen Janela had a really fun match last year with Marty Janetty who was so fucked up on whatever he is fucked up he could barely get in the ring for the Wrestlecon battle royal/rumble match the next day. So yeah Sasuke should be no problem having an awesome match

They announced for Bloodsport that Riddle will face Low Ki in what has to be a first time ever. It really sucks that this show is at 4:00 on Thursday because it really messes with my plan to come in on Thursday. And those early morning Thursday flights in DC area are pricey

Goodness, will love putting together the "Indie Matches of the Weekend" for this one.

Here's how I see the power rankings for promotions going:

1. GCW

2. EVOLVE

3. SHIMMER

4. Style Battle

5. Rev Pro

6. WrestleCon Supershow

7. ROH

8. The Crash

9. Pro Wrestling Revolver

That's a lot to get excited about.

I went to both, ROH and Pancakes and Piledrivers -- Pro-Wrestling Revolver and Pancakes and Piledrivers was by far a superior show. Not saying it will be the case this year, but don't sleep on their card.

Pancakes and Piledrivers was actually my favorite from 'Mania weekend last year and I went to EVOLVE, CHIKARA, ROH and 'Mania.

GCW released a promo with Riddle on the Bloodsport card.

Riddle said it's going to be in a ropeless ring with some of the toughest wrestlers and MMA fighters... I can see Tom Lawlor and Jeff Cobb being on this card.

Also someone mentioned there needs to be an iPPV for the event and GCW responded there will be one on WWN Live.

Has anyone heard about what would be on the Crash show on Friday? I am interested in the show if it is going to mostly a lucha show. But if it is going to be Pentagon, Fenix, and a bunch of US indie guys that I will probably just go to Progress instead

So far they have announced Fenix vs. Flamita.

They also had Rush and Mysterio the original poster

For those not in the know, PCO is currently 50, over 6ft, weights probably 250+ , practices BJJ, and does the sickest moves.

GCW is doing so many things.

I’m super-hyped they are running Chicago when I’m going to be there for ROH in May. I’m hoping to make both shows.