Pro Wrestling Only

All Star Wrestling on the Network

Ricky Jackson

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The episode I'm watching today is for January 27th 1979 episode which is 47 minutes long and nearly twenty minutes in and we've had a time limit draw and an Ivan koloff vs Steve king match where koloff didn't make king look like shit and gave him some offence. And also praised him as a good wrestler.

Also Vince has just asked a logical question about why Ivan pulled his opponent up at the count of two. Maybe I've been listening to cornette and his less than positive comments about the New York product but I'm really liking it so far.

Albano might have bumped more in that 1975 match that he did from the entire 1980-1983.

I was confused about the Frank Monte match because twice he deliberately threw his opponent over the top rope (hell of a bump on that first one). I always thought that over the top rope was a DQ throughout the 70's and most of the 80's.

For those of you involved in the Yearbook project, I recommend supplementing your All-Star watching with that, fills in gaps with some Championship Wrestling footage and MSG shows. Like, I'm in June 79 on All-Star, and it looks like Championship Wrestling got a Dibiase-Patterson match that weekend. Being able to see the weekly TV and then see the big house shows is a New York only thing that we have now for 79-80.

I think the belt on the right was worn by Pedro Morales in 70/71 when he returned to the WWWF and just before he defeated Koloff for the WWWF belt (Pedro came to the ring with the US title against Koloff I believe). The other was Rogers US belt that became the first WWWF title in 1963 after he lost the NWA belt to Thesz

Can anyone give me a list of standout matches from All Star viewing so far?

Dude, its about the whole TV package . I know you mean well, but you cant imagine how fucking stupid I find it when the reaction to old TV I love is Whats da best matches ?

Is there a reason you replied here? If the sole function was to let me know you find my question "fucking stupid" I'll happily delete your post as an explicit troll, but I want to give you the benefit of the doubt.