Pro Wrestling Only

Shodate banned?

Jetlag

I don't know what else I could possibly do to counter the snobbish line, so I've stopped trying.

In my experience, there are generally two types of wrestling fans on the internet . Those who are genuinely interested in wrestling and/or its history and enjoy finding out new information. Those kind of folks tend to fit in well here. The other type are basically WWE only fans and get irrationally defensive if anyone questions the official company line. That's where the "snobbish" stuff tends to come from, as there tends to be a big overlap between those folks and those who think education is bad.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hold on, Stro is banned? I get that he could be antagonistic but a perma ban? Did a particular incident lead to that? He was one of the best posters on here.

He was banned a while back for being a meanie pants in almost all of his posts, despite frequent requests to stop.

Hold on, Stro is banned? I get that he could be antagonistic but a perma ban? Did a particular incident lead to that? He was one of the best posters on here.

He was banned a while back for being a meanie pants in almost all of his posts, despite frequent requests to stop.

unlike me im not combative at all i holds view people may find odd yes but im not combative personality

I don't know what else I could possibly do to counter the snobbish line, so I've stopped trying.

In my experience, there are generally two types of wrestling fans on the internet . Those who are genuinely interested in wrestling and/or its history and enjoy finding out new information. Those kind of folks tend to fit in well here. The other type are basically WWE only fans and get irrationally defensive if anyone questions the official company line. That's where the "snobbish" stuff tends to come from, as there tends to be a big overlap between those folks and those who think education is bad.

Actually, I do think there's also an über-snobbish attitude consisting on over-praising everything WWE against the "evil snobbish Meltzerian smark promotions".

Actually, I do think there's also an über-snobbish attitude consisting on over-praising everything WWE against the "evil snobbish Meltzerian smark promotions".

Don't worry, you ably counter that by slagging most things WWE.

I get that if you're feeling your oats as a newly "serious" wrestling fan and you believe 2014-2018 New Japan has clearly produced the greatest wrestling ever, this place might seem a little strange.

But if you drill down even a little, the snobbish hive mind shit falls apart. Especially now, when the list of most prolific posters is pretty different than it was five years ago.

I actually dislike shodate.. and I do hate the way he posts. I did not complain about him or ask for him to be banned though. He has contributed more on this message board than I have.

Is he really Japanese? Or an anarchist or whatever the fuck?

i am indeed both of them things

If I could give you some honest feedback, it would be that people want you to work harder to clean up your posts by making an attempt to use punctuation, capitalizing words where appropriate, and watching for misspelling. I hate saying that because I know English isn't your first language. But I think that would go a long way. :)

We do have some other ESL posters here, but we don't usually run into this issue.

And to the other point, the whole idea of general snobbery here is silly. We have people who are passionate about what they like and they don't like, and most of the time, because of the nature of the board, they've thought through why they think the way they do. We can't confuse conviction for elitism.

If I could give you some honest feedback, it would be that people want you to work harder to clean up your posts by making an attempt to use punctuation, capitalizing words where appropriate, and watching for misspelling. I hate saying that because I know English isn't your first language. But I think that would go a long way. :)

We do have some other ESL posters here, but we don't usually run into this issue.

Thank you boss Loss

I actually dislike shodate.. and I do hate the way he posts. I did not complain about him or ask for him to be banned though. He has contributed more on this message board than I have.

Where in Japan do you live?

Where in Japan do you live?

Nemuro for the last 6 months ever since i left my family home moved around every 6 months to 1 year my fave place to on Ryukyu i use to live there during the winter but im Original From Ianba but my family is A Northen family im 1/8 ainu as well il be moving again soon im not a settling down type back to Ryukyu for me next or maybe down to kyushu

Shodate's posts are borderline unreadable and he may be borderline insane. Yet he is very knowledgeable, has obscure tastes in wrestling and his off the wall opinions are refreshingly different.

Backhanded compliment of the century thank for the kind word never the less

what do you mean by borderline insane