Pro Wrestling Only

Shodate banned?

Jetlag

Hell, I've known Loss since meeting him on the Rantsylvania Delphi forum in 1999, which means he's been an online acquaintance of mine for 19 years.

I did not know you guys were on Rantsylvania. That place was fun for a while, until Sean Shannon went off the rails. Did you migrate over to Michael Jenkinson's forum after it closed?

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's kind of amazing how long a lot of us have been around together. I had the same path as Thread Killer and Loss, as well as being on a wrestling video game board with Coffey that was probably 10+ years ago at this point.

I can understand the need to step back and take a break once in a while, but I'd have faith that everyone will end up coming back eventually if for no other reason we all seem to enjoy each other's knucklehead opinions even if we get mad at each other occasionally.

Well, you've had a good run, you whacky mysterious person. I'm amazed it lasted this long. In honor of our fallen comrade, I will use the But How Does He Compare to Volk Han?-meter as a measuring stick for pro wrestlers from now on.

Some action really should be taken on the people following him into every topic just to insult him. WAY more annoying than the man himself.

Slight exaggeration, but don't worry I'm taking some time away from here now. I have shodate blocked but that doesn't help when you don't log in and still have to read him. It's far better for me to step away from this place altogether for a bit.

Oh, and nice to see that JvK still manages to get in his digs at jdw even after running him off PWO.

Take care guys and see you down the line (maybe?)

I'd have one Magnum Milano over a million Shodates frankly. I'm English as a second language but I don't type like a tosspot. And he's capable of typing correctly.

EDIT: Replied before seeing the expulsion.

A few things here.

I doubt jdw was run off by JvK. Both could be very divisive posters admittedly, but both had a lot to add to the discussion that ought to be appreciated even by their detractors. Something I would also say about shodate. The grammar and mayb-maybe-not-trolling won't be missed, but he had some odd match choices that did add to the flavor of the site.

And I would also say that we very much have a new generation of significant posters on the side of modern pro wrestling and older pro wrestling than we had even 3 years ago. Regardless of the reasons for it, people like jdw, JvK and Dylan to name a few have mostly moved on. I would hope that in the future some of those in the newer generation who needed to show up at every turn compounding the shodate problem (if I'm honest, there was a problem there, not sure how big) learned from this experienced and handle it better in the future.

Sad to see Magnum take a break, because I like the British wrestling more than a bit myself and always enjoyed his takes on it.

And finally, we should all be glad that Loss is as understanding and willing to give chances as he is. Otherwise I'm sure we'd have a much smaller board with less to offer.

I've never really had an issue with shodate's grammar and spelling. It was weird at first, but I had no problems understanding what he was trying to say after getting used to it. There's posts from other people on here that I've read several times over and still had no idea what point they were trying to make. That was never the case with shodate. Every post had a clear point and it was usually something interesting, and that's more than enough for me to overlook his idiosyncratic writing style.

I will always trust Loss to know what's best for the board, he's one of the best guys on the internet. I still get a little perplexed though that a group of adults with a shared passion, a passion that is so rare that this one board is the only place in the world to find other people who share it at our level, that we can't come together and have nice civil discussions about our silly fun hobby. I guess that's the nature of the Internet, people just act differently than they would in a real world setting.

He didn't try to improve it though, the proficiency was always there. I doubt he learned how to improve his typing by 90% in the 24 hours between his ban and posting under a new name.

Thank you Loss. I had him blocked but you still see blocked user posts when they're quoted by people who aren't on your block list.

Am I horrible for wanting the silly bastard to figure out a way to change his IP? :)

His posts were unreadable to me, so I usually skipped them. But if his bad grammar was a "work" anyway, I have no other objections to his presence.

I mean, yeah, it's weird that he lives in a fantasy world and posts as gimmick characters (each, most impressively, with their own linguistic skills). But it's also weird that some guy dedicated hundreds of pages to a Triple H thread about why The Barbarian, Kwang, and Mantaur are better wrestlers. :) (Granted, an enormously entertaining thread.) We're all weird.