Pro Wrestling Only

WCW Saturday Night on the Network

flyonthewall2983

My favourite of the episodes I've watched so far is the 5/23/92 show. There's a really fun opener with The Steiners throwing around the best halves of The Rock 'n' Roll Express and The Young Pistols (Ricky Morton and Tracy Smothers), and a 2/3 falls main event with Steamboat, Koloff & Rhodes against Eaton, Anderson & Zbyszko that's just perfect.

Everyone in the match is great, Steamboat is in peak form with his overdramatic selling, Koloff is such a great monster, and Zbyszko fucking everything up is a delight. Best of all, you've got Arn giving a 10 out of 10 performance and still not being the best guy on his team. This is one of those matches where, despite how understated he is, you'll come away with a reminder that Bobby Eaton is one of the greatest workers ever, so smooth in the ring, great bumps, great looking offence, and great timing. In fact, everyone's sense of ring placement and timing is impeccable here, especially on the finishes. I can't recommend this one enough.

I've sampled several episodes so far and have noticed that Jesse isn't doing color commentary with Jim Ross. My memory is a little fuzzy as to specifics but did he start on SN once Ross left?

Yeah, he drops in occasionally during 1992, but he's not full time on SN until '93. He is doing Worldwide with Schiavone every week at this point.

Id prefered Worldwide to Sat Night.

• 8 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 3 months later...