The YOU TUBE thread

Loss

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bruiser Brody vs. Lex Luger

Yes, that match.

Well that certainly cements my opinon of Brody as a selfish dick. Looked like he got pissed after the headbutt to the cage spot where both guys ended up going down that certainly looked like a botch. No reason to decide to stop co-operating and make the biggest star in the territory look like a chump.

Also, the whole internet legend of "Luger wet his pants and ran like a baby" can finally be put to rest. You can see he's clearly fed up with Brody's bullshit and just hits the ref to kayfabe a DQ and leaves.

Well that certainly cements my opinon of Brody as a selfish dick. Looked like he got pissed after the headbutt to the cage spot where both guys ended up going down that certainly looked like a botch. No reason to decide to stop co-operating and make the biggest star in the territory look like a chump.

Dave Meltzer posted about this incident over at Wrestling Classics a few months ago. Here's what he had to say about it:

"I think I've told the story before, but I'll tell it again.

That match was the second of two matches they had. There may have been a few others scheduled that week but Luger left the territory a few days earlier then planned. I don't recall if Brody was staying past the two days.

Luger was leaving for the Crockett territory at the end of the week. Brody was just starting out in the territory. The promotion wanted Brody to go over strong in both matches because that's how business was done. Luger said since he was going to Crockett, he couldn't do it. I don't recall what the finish was the first night, but do recall it wasn't the finish the office wanted, with Matsuda telling Brody that Luger wouldn't put him over.

Luger and Brody had breakfast the morning of the match in question. This is not meant as a defense of Brody's actions, just his reasoning. Luger was telling Brody he signed a $350,000 per year contract and couldn't put him over. That was Brody's motivation.

Afterwards, when Luger climbed out and left the building, Matsuda was going crazy in a positive way telling Ron Simmons and Dewey Forte, who were just breaking in, "That's what happens to a football player who thinks he's above the sport." Matsuda didn't tell Brody what to do, but he was 100% behind him for doing it. Doesn't make it right. And he didn't have any razor blades.

His words the next day were he was going to stand there until Luger blew up throwing punches, saying it wouldn't be long, because "that guy is so filled with steroids he's gassing out in two minutes," and then he won't know what to do.

Crockett then called up Matsuda and was screaming at him for putting the next Hulk Hogan in a position where he could have gotten hurt.

For sure, because Brody was a babyface in Texas at the time had nothing to do with it because he never said anything like that at the time it happened. Luger's attitude is what pissed Brody and the office off."

Guest DylanWaco

Chris Candido vs Giant Singh

Everything that you'd want or expect this match to be.

Jesus that is great.

Candido's schtickiness and combination of insane bumping, comedic theatrics, and body language just made me not regret watching a four minute long Great Khali squash match.

I rated him 90 on my top 100 at SC. Should have been at least ten spots higher.