Pro Wrestling Only
flyonthewall2983

83 Weeks with Eric Bischoff

The thing about it is, Eric's a tremendous storyteller but it's difficult for me to believe anything he says anymore. The combination of poor memory and outright bullshittery makes a convenient cover for anyone to pick and choose the parts they want to believe is true.

I don't know, but Bischoff describing early 96 DDP as "straight out of the State Fair" had me cracking up.

Sunshades. Bubblegum. Cigars. Gold chains. BattleBowl rings. Leopard-print accessories. Neon-colored gear. It's a walking, talking, romping, stomping shit storm on your five senses.

On 5/15/2019 at 7:15 PM, SomethingSavage said:

I really dug all the merchandise talk on the Slamboree '97 episode. The little sidebar about TNA trumpeting their "per head" numbers when they were drawing 200-300 people into the buildings was amusing, too.

I've heard about it enough, and I certainly believe the numbers to be true. But I just can't "see" any Sting shirts or merch from 1997. I mean, I guess the masks sold like crazy? Because I definitely *do* recall seeing those things everywhere.

But for me? In my mind? It's just a sea of nWo and 3:16. I'm talking black tees errrrwherrrr for almost 2 years.

Oh. And those DDP shirts with the purple & powder blue coloring.

The idea that Sting merch was ever outselling nWo swag is still strange to me though. It just doesn't seem accurate, even if it is.

I believe he was saying the Sting "Scorpion" shirt was the big seller, right? I can believe it. I saw A TON of those in my part of Ohio. nWo, Austin 3:16, DX and that shirt were the 4 biggest wrestling shirts that I can remember. 

11 hours ago, SomethingSavage said:

I don't know, but Bischoff describing early 96 DDP as "straight out of the State Fair" had me cracking up.

Sunshades. Bubblegum. Cigars. Gold chains. BattleBowl rings. Leopard-print accessories. Neon-colored gear. It's a walking, talking, romping, stomping shit storm on your five senses.

Living up to your handle

Bischoff defending the Master P deal is pretty pathetic. It was a laughing stock and a disaster. Damn, he also defends the awful contortionist angle. And the dog attack angle. WTF is up with Bischoff this week ?

Too many long rants again too... to the point of the thing getting hard extremely annoying to listen to, honestly. I dunno if this podcast has jumped the ship already, or if the much more sane approach of JR hurts this one and Brucie's (who I don't listen to anymore for now), but yeah, way too long of an episode with way too much uninteresting bullshit.

EDIT : could not finish it. I'm going to give this podcast a rest and only check episodes heavily pimped on here next time, because this one was insufferable.