Pro Wrestling Only

Roman Reigns as the ace post-Wrestlemania

FMKK

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How over was he last night ? A mix of boos and apathy. After 4 years of straight push to the moon, that's pretty poor honestly. Blaming the "annoying smart fans" is a cop out at this point. This simply doesn't work. It weighs in on the whole product because no one gets nearly the same opportunity and it leaves a sour taste every year at Mania (and during the entire build). Last night was almost Vince losing his shit and tell the people "Ok, you don't like Roman ? I'll fuck him up myself then !". Of course he'll wake up today thinking about new ways of getting him over as the babyface Ace...

He's the least well pushed top star of all time. He jobs endlessly. The build-up to this match was Brock kicking his ass every week then beating him clean at Mania. I can't think of another WWE wrestler in history put in a position to fail as many times as Roman Reigns. I actually feel bad for the guy cause he's a great worker, his promos have improved so much, he's got great physical charisma in the ring and seems charming outside of it and a mixture of woeful, indecisive booking and mostly inaccurate fan narratives have probably torpedoed him as a top star now when all they had to do was put the fucking belt on him after the first Lesnar match three years ago and have done with it.

There is no way Reigns can be a top babyface right now. The WWE needs a hell of a plan to do something because what they did last night, it will be difficult to recover from. Maybe it is really time for that heel turn for Reigns.

I don't think even that will work on its own. Last night was tantamount to a burial.

They should have just put the title on Braun. Let's get crazy and actually give the fans what they want.

Tbh I thought that was the long term end game. Resolute the Lesnar/Reigns thing that's been hanging over them for a couple of years, do a proper Reigns title run for once then put the belt on Braun in 9-12 months.

He's the least well pushed top star of all time. He jobs endlessly. The build-up to this match was Brock kicking his ass every week then beating him clean at Mania. I can't think of another WWE wrestler in history put in a position to fail as many times as Roman Reigns. I actually feel bad for the guy cause he's a great worker, his promos have improved so much, he's got great physical charisma in the ring and seems charming outside of it and a mixture of woeful, indecisive booking and mostly inaccurate fan narratives have probably torpedoed him as a top star now when all they had to do was put the fucking belt on him after the first Lesnar match three years ago and have done with it.

this total win record is over 73% the highest of any wwe ace check you self

Hogan won less than 73% of his matches?

i was told that stat i quoted and total caerre racord hogan is at around 70% based i what i was told

Surely if you were going to make statements like that you would verify it yourself to make sure it was correct before stating it as fact? And the irony of you telling FMKK to "check you self" when you don't even know if what you're posting is true and are going off what someone told you!

Based on wrestling data (which is incomplete and far from perfect) across his whole career he has a win% of 70.42, but if you look at his 'ace' run in wwf which I put as 1984-1992 he has a win% of 79.4%

reigns has a career win % of 71% but since he became a pushed singles guy in 2014 he has a win % of 84%

i was told that stat i quoted and total caerre racord hogan is at around 70% based i what i was told

Surely if you were going to make statements like that you would verify it yourself to make sure it was correct before stating it as fact? And the irony of you telling FMKK to "check you self" when you don't even know if what you're posting is true and are going off what someone told you!

stats like that i do not have time to check so i did not i always ttought it was much more higher than than up around 90 %

They have waited too long to just pull the trigger on Roman Reigns with a long run as champion. He's not The Guy anymore, if he ever was in the first place. He can't be. Reigns lost to the guy who has been booked as superior to him at every turn on the same show that another guy he has been pushed for the last year as "retiring" last year came back, a huge UFC draw had her first match to set up her place at the top of the company, and the beloved guy to whom he was unnecessarily compared returned after a long absence. Every single person in the opening match has beaten him cleanly in high profile matches, two of them on pay-per-view. He's done. Beating him hasn't made him sympathetic or won anyone over. Beating him has just beaten him, again and again.

You really can't compare between eras though. Hogan's air time from 1984-1989 probably is less than a year of a main event guy now. So 4 years of Roman is insane when you consider the air time that requires.

wrestling in wwe has not really changed in that time though booking mentality wise its been the same since hogan came in i ment total wcw/wwe time when he was fully active like roman is now or oi tink this is what that guy said

They have waited too long to just pull the trigger on Roman Reigns with a long run as champion. He's not The Guy anymore, if he ever was in the first place. He can't be. Reigns lost to the guy who has been booked as superior to him at every turn on the same show that another guy he has been pushed for the last year as "retiring" last year came back, a huge UFC draw had her first match to set up her place at the top of the company, and the beloved guy to whom he was unnecessarily compared returned after a long absence. Every single person in the opening match has beaten him cleanly in high profile matches, two of them on pay-per-view. He's done. Beating him hasn't made him sympathetic or won anyone over. Beating him has just beaten him, again and again.

i agree with loss here

What if Reigns wins tonight or in Saudi Arabia? Otherwise I agree.