Pro Wrestling Only

NXT Takeover: New Orleans

Ricky Jackson

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are the Authors of Pain the best "NXT Developmental Project" ever at this point? I mean I don't count Braun or Elias much, but the AOP are so damn fun now a days.

They were put into a pretty high profile position when they were still really new and have more than lived up to it. I wonder, does Ellering have much of a backstage role with them? I can't imagine he's solely there for nostalgia purposes.

As long as I see two hosses beating the shit out of them, it's cool.

Still, giving Cole the NA Title, the Tag Titles AND the Dusty on a single event seems like... too much. Like, a legit problem.

I think WWE sees Adam Cole like a young Triple H or the next Seth Rollins. I fully expect him to be WWE Universal champion one day.

Playing catch up: it's actually been forever since I saw one of those car crash matches. I didn't see War Games. I've missed the last few TLCs. Etc. Since I haven't seen one in a while, I thought this was fairly compelling. I liked the personalities in the match for the most part. Just a strong variety. I thought it was pretty well put together though it would have benefited from losing the segment in the middle with a lot of "one person climbing, another pulls him off." It was definitely most interesting when multiple guys were involved at once. My favorite bit was Dream's elbow drop parade. His selling is so much fun to watch. I liked the build and the payoff to Dain vs Lars. I've never seen an Adam Cole match before, actually, and the finish was definitely a let down.