Pro Wrestling Only
Sign in to follow this  
Edwin

[2018-04-06-EVOLVE 103] Matt Riddle vs Daisuke Sekimoto

Riddle's first defense and it's a quality match against Sekimoto. Sekimoto sees Riddle bootless and he joins in on the fun. This a no rope break match and they do a great job using the stip. as there's some subs that involve taking advantage of the stip. This match also proved Riddle's adaptability as he works an entirely different match against an entirely different opponent from this weekend. Some of the highlights include Sekimoto challenging Riddle to a sumo face off that leads to a double underhook and throw from Sekimoto, Sekimoto trying to hit Riddle with a deadlift German suplex which Riddle holds onto Sekimoto ankle and Sekimoto just clubs him in the back before hitting the deadlift, Sekimoto getting Riddle into a torture rack and Riddle countering with a kimura in the ropes and Sekimoto hitting some brutal knees to Riddle's face through the ropes to break it and Riddle deadlifting Sekimoto into a throw. Great stuff.

I need to watch it again eventually, but I really didn't like this live. it was great in terms of the action, but it just didn't make much sense to me. Riddle worked like he was a big man against Sekimoto and even though there isn't a huge size difference, the roles just felt like they should be flipped. I would have loved to see Riddle take a bit of a beating and work some firing comebacks. That would have highlighted the strengths of both more. Anyway, I know it isn't fair to judge matches based on what you want rather than what it was, but this just didn't do much for me.