Pro Wrestling Only

The Pro-wrestling Curve of Attractiveness

El-P

5 minutes ago, NintendoLogic said:

I'm surprised El-P doesn't know about Three Men and a Baby given that it was a remake of Trois hommes et un couffin.

That's pretty much the reason why I would have never seen it actually. :lol: Hollywood remakes of French movies are just a no-no. Except for True Lies, which is pretty funny as a remake (especially the ridiculousness of it compared to the original).

BTW, was Magnum TA named after Selleck's moustache ? 

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, TA was named after Selleck's character from the hit 80's American TV series Magnum, P.I. Another show consistently in the highest rated shows of it's initial airing. The mustache thing wasn't a meme until the 90's when he did the run on Friends. 

Mel Gibson, Kurt Russell, Chuck Norris, Van Damme, Dolph Lungren all had some rugged wrestler looks as well. 

I was reminded of this thread while watching R&Rs/Andersons from Starrcade 1986 and listening to a possibly drunk Johnny Weaver on commentary. Weaver was apparently quite the ladies' man who constantly had women throwing themselves at him when he was the top babyface in the Carolinas. This is the most flattering picture I could find of him:

th?id=OIP.SOdcJE9i_G7aFObx1DszmwHaKi

You want to talk about the wrestling curve, that's it right there. No wonder girls went crazy for Flair and Steamboat if this is what they were working with previously.

On 3/1/2019 at 2:09 PM, El-P said:

I have not seen one movie starring Tom Selleck. I couldn't give you one title of a movie with Tom Selleck. To me he's a guy from cheesy 80's US TV shows and the older guy fucking Monica in Friends. That's about it. I recon the stache is iconic though.

In & Out was great, but it probably shouldn't be your first Selleck, simply because this role plays with the expectations everyone had of him at the time and turns them on its ear.

• 4 months later...

Reviving this thread to ask whether this year's G1 has the most objectively hot wrestlers of any grouping in history. I can think of 3-6 people in there I would consider attractive and 30% is not a bad ratio at all for pro wrestling.

3 minutes ago, FMKK said:

Reviving this thread to ask whether this year's G1 has the most objectively hot wrestlers of any grouping in history. I can think of 3-6 people in there I would consider attractive and 30% is not a bad ratio at all for pro wrestling.

Miho Abe agrees for at least one of them.