Pro Wrestling Only

The Pro-wrestling Curve of Attractiveness

El-P

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, since I always wanted to ask this... is it true Giant Baba was considered really handsome back in the day?

1d640ec5ae8143e6da4afd504de97cb3.jpg

I'm wondering which classic wrestlers of the 50s 60s and 70s might have been considered handsome in their day.

I also really liked Tori, Ivory and Victoria circa 2000-2002.

Agree fully about Ivory from pretty much the first moment I saw her on WWF TV. Of the current WWE women it's all about Becky and Sonya for me (along with Dakota in NXT).

If the Karate Hottie was in the WWE and not the UFC, she'd easily be at the top of my list.

I barely watch MMA these days, but there's something about Rose Namajunas since she shaved her head. I always thought Joanne Calderwood was super cute too.

I'm wondering which classic wrestlers of the 50s 60s and 70s might have been considered handsome in their day.

I'd say Jack Brisco looks handsome.

Agree fully about Ivory from pretty much the first moment I saw her on WWF TV. Of the current WWE women it's all about Becky and Sonya for me (along with Dakota in NXT).

YES! Sonya is amazing! I might be one of her biggest fans, and legit her growth as a wrestler is impressive. Shame they threw her to Ronda with no fanfare.

Agree fully about Ivory from pretty much the first moment I saw her on WWF TV. Of the current WWE women it's all about Becky and Sonya for me

YES! Sonya is amazing! I might be one of her biggest fans, and legit her growth as a wrestler is impressive. Shame they threw her to Ronda with no fanfare.

Agreed as well, love Sonya, maybe my second fav behind Bliss.

For what it's worth the people I talk wrestling with who were big fans during the attitude era and are pretty casual nowadays are all crazy about Charlotte. Maybe it's because she's got a pseudo attitude era look but they all love her looks and character wise.

Back in the late 80s my cousin (she was probably like 14/15 at the time) was crazy about Rick Rude. My other cousin (she was pre pubescent) had a thing for Marty Jannetty but she was a fan for less than a year. This was Marty's 93--94 run

Oh and while I see the argument about Morton, Gibson and Tommy Rich types no way with Shawn. Saw women of all ages go crazy for him live in 1995 and maybe even louder in 2006 and 2009. During both DX reunions practically every female was wearing DX merch and going crazy for him and Hunter

Look at all those married mofos going "my wife this my wife that". Take a risk will ya ? What do you really think ?

Yeah, The Rock is legit handsome. But what about the work ? You mean the boob job ?

Definitely curious what other prominent work he's had that I'm missing.

It may be pure envy, but Tanahashi certainly has some terrific hair. I'd put that on my head any day even if I could never pull it off :)

I think Daniel Bryan was pretty good and normal looking pre-beard.

If you look at The Rock between 1999 and 2001, the differences in his face stand out quite a bit.

Texas girls loved them some Bret and Shawn back in the nineties. I remember being at several shows where girls would go 'nanners for both of them. I distinctly recall this trio of girls literally stepping up onto their chairs on the row right in front of me and my family. They were jumping up and down in their seats, screaming like crazy. It was basically like seeing a troop of thirsty groupies at a concert or something.

I think there is a a curve in more than wrestling when it comes to what was considered attractive in the 80s. I'm working on a theory that all the drugs done in the 60s-70s had a cummulative effect where it led to people finding all sorts of weird shit attractive in the 80s.

Pretty much anyone pushed as a heartthrob then gets a "wow, really?" reaction nowadays. I think a lot of that is due to the peroxide bleach blonde 80s wrestler look didn't really age well for anyone not Ric Flair.

I think for a lot of wrestlers who were considered attractive, you have to remember that some people look far better in person than they ever do in photos or on video. Santana Garrett is someone who always looks decent in photos, but in the flesh, stood a few feet away from me, she was ridiculously attractive, absolutely stunning. I imagine seeing the von Erich's, for example, on a regular basis within touching distance, might make them seem more attractive than they looked on tape.

What do people think of Elizabeth? I mean she's fairly attractive but I never get the way that she's (still) presented as some impossible beauty.

She was an impossible beauty by wrestling standards. Every other valet of the era looked like a chain-smoking hooker. (Sorry if that's indelicate, but it's also true.)

Otherwise, she was a pretty and attractive but ordinary "girl next door" type - not a stunning Hollywood beauty.

What do people think of Elizabeth? I mean she's fairly attractive but I never get the way that she's (still) presented as some impossible beauty.

I believe this comes down to innocence. Elizabeth, I would say for my generation, wasn't sexualized as much as the ladies during the Attitude Era. Because of this, she will always be classy and sophisticated in my mind. A night with Miss Elizabeth circa 1988 would involve fancy cheese, good wine, coffee house jazz, and a whole lot of dancing.

My wife hates wrestling but always thought Chris Jericho and Christian (circa 1998ish) were hot.

A girl I work with who catches me watching wrestling when I should be working thinks Ricochet is one of the hottest guys she has ever seen.

Me? I'm with whoever pointed out modern day Drew McIntyre. That's a god damn handsome man.

As for women.... Beulah is still my all time favorite.