Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Hidden Gems

NickH

3 hours ago, Ricky Jackson said:

That's who I'm interested in seeing. 

Is the Comiskey Park footage with Heenan and the Sheik new?

Edit: Never mind, it's on YouTube. Surprised I haven't watched it before. Or maybe I have lol 

Looks like we might get an extra 3 minutes of it though?

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, clintthecrippler said:

And since it should be from the master film we hopefully wont get Bob Luce's commentary track that is on the YouTube version. 

ZOINKS! BLOODBATH!

"Where are we wrestling fans? You got it, Comiskey Park. And what's the year? Yeah, you're right again! 1974! And who's that wrestling? That's Pretty Boy Heenan and the Sheik! The Sheik of Araby! Da-da-da da-da-da! You gave your love to me! I remember that song and so did the Sheik, he loved that song!"

For Thursday February 28, 2019

AWA 12/16/1972 – The Cat and The Sailor [Duration: 12:59]

Dusty Rhodes and Dick Murdoch take on the tough team of Ernie Ladd and Sailor Art Thomas in this bout from Chicago.

Georgia Championship Wrestling 06/24/1977 – Thunder in the Omni [Duration: 07:20]

Cowboy Bill Watts teams with the legendary Thunderbolt Patterson to face The Minnesota Wrecking Crew of Ole and Gene Anderson.

Stampede Wrestling 05/11/1979 – From Calgary to New York [Duration: 05:11]

Before he became the Junkyard Dog, Big Daddy Ritter challenged fellow WWE legend Jim ‘The Anvil’ Neidhart in this bout from Stampede.

WCW 08/01/1998 – The Spirit of Competition [Duration: 04:26]

WWE Hall of Famer Booker T and former marine Craig ‘Pitbull’ Pittman engage in some friendly amateur wrestling at the WCW Power Plant.

On 2/21/2019 at 3:05 AM, sek69 said:

I'm assuming the Sputnik match is one of those no-sound 16mm deals from Florida? I never quite understood why they would film things like that. Other territories barely valued taping on regular film and the Grahams are out there all avant garde and shit.

No it has sound on it and commentary. 

On 2/27/2019 at 7:12 PM, Matt D said:

@khawk20

Flagging you on the Outlaws match. Write up says it's probably not new, but I don't think I've seen it.

I did have this on one of my Bob Luce film comps. There is so much good stuff in the Luce films, and if they are editing Luce's commentary out of it, more people will stick around to enjoy it. Very polarizing commentator, lol. I didn't mind him so much but I look forward seeing the footage without it. :) 

10 hours ago, paul sosnowski said:

For March 7, 2019

The Battle of Breakfast Cereal – 05/01/1989 (Hyatt Hotel – Minneapolis, MN)       This is effectively a 1-hour commercial sponsored by Kellogg’s. Featuring 4 matches, each wrestler represents a different food product (separated into Kellogg’s and General Mills teams)

This is the best thing I've seen in my 36 years of watching wrestling. It's not a commercial, it's a corporate motivational event for Kelloggs management that was filmed for some reason.  

It's fucking bonkers.