Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Hidden Gems

NickH

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, ...TG said:

Interesting - the full version of Fantastics/Sheepherders drops two days after Bryan namedrops the Sheepherders on Smackdown.

It wouldn't surprise me if Bryan had the inside word that this was coming, since it seems like the exact sort of thing he's geek out about.

6 minutes ago, Matt D said:

I disagree. I'm only midway through but I'm much happier to hear the crowd booing Wahoo or them being supercharged for Valiant against Ivan without some sort of artificial after the fact commentary overlaying it.

100% agree. Plus having to get voiceover would cause a delay on getting this type of stuff out. 

This is what we had previously on the Crockett VHS tape ----    Wahoo McDaniel & Jay Youngblood vs. Bobby Jaggers  & Mike Miller (1:50 shown).      Sam Houston & Nelson Royal vs. The Batten Twins.  (1:50 shown).          Jimmy Valiant & Manny Fernandez vs. Baron Von Raschke & The Barbarian (w/Paul Jones & Shaska Whatley) (2:30 shown) ,     Steve Williams & Terry Taylor vs. Buddy Landell & Bill Dundee. (2:00 shown).      The Sheepherders (w/Jack Victory) vs. Chavo & Hector Guerrero (2:30 shown).     The Fantastics vs. The Fabulous Ones.  (3:00 shown).     Koko Ware & The Italian Stallion vs. Buzz Sawyer & Rick Steiner. (2:45 shown).      Brett Wayne Sawyer & DJ Peterson vs. Black Bart & Jimmy Garvin (w/Precious). (2:30 shown).     The Midnight Express (w/Jim Cornette) vs. Sam Houston & Nelson Royal.  (1:50 shown).    Magnum T.A. & Ronnie Garvin vs. Buzz Sawyer & Rick Steiner. (3:00 shown)     The Road Warriors (w/Paul Ellering) vs. Wahoo McDaniel & Mark Youngblood.  (2:15 shown).     Ivan & Nikita Koloff vs. Johnny Valiant & Manny Fernandez. (3:07 complete?)     The Rock ‘n’ Roll Express vs. The Sheepherders (w/Jack Victory). (3:00 shown).    Arn Anderson & Tully Blanchard (w/JJ Dillon) vs. The Fantastics. (3:25 shown).    Giant Baba & Tiger Mask II vs. Black Bart & Jimmy Garvin.  (3:00 shown).      The Midnight Express (w/Jim Cornette) vs. The Road Warriors (w/Paul Ellering). (4:22 complete?) .      Ivan & Nikita Koloff vs. Steve Williams & Terry Taylor. (9:15 shown).       Giant Baba & Tiger Mask II vs. Ronnie Garvin & Magnum T.A..(5:29 shown) .     North American Title: Jim Duggan vs. Dick Slater. (10:09 complete?).      NWA World Heavyweight Title: Ric Flair (w/JJ Dillon) vs. Dusty Rhodes (w/Baby Doll).  (15:30 shown).      The Road Warriors vs. Magnum T.A. & Ronnie Garvin. (9:49 complete)

It's gotta be killing you people that the most probable reason this turned up was Bruce Prichard. He's back and I'm sure they're making some WWE Network doc about his story I don't care about, so they went deep diving and found him ring announcing this show. 

Or it's just another "Hey, Holy shit. Look what we found!' moment that actually makes the most sense. My theory is complete nonsense.

Hey, it's better than Bix's "It probably wasn't because of me mentioning it, but...yeah,  it's cause of me." twitter gimmick.

I'm another hour in and will double down on the no commentary thing. Tully and Arn's chatter and coordination ("Arn, I need your knee!"), Precious' constant yelling, etc. It'd be one thing if we had Jim Ross and David Crockett tripping over each other at the time, but it'd be a crime to dump even someone like Tony over this decades after the fact.

11 hours ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

It's gotta be killing you people that the most probable reason this turned up was Bruce Prichard. He's back and I'm sure they're making some WWE Network doc about his story I don't care about, so they went deep diving and found him ring announcing this show. 

Or it's just another "Hey, Holy shit. Look what we found!' moment that actually makes the most sense. My theory is complete nonsense.

Hey, it's better than Bix's "It probably wasn't because of me mentioning it, but...yeah,  it's cause of me." twitter gimmick.

I have no idea what crawled up your ass recently that you've decided to troll me repeatedly on here while avoiding the use of the part of your brain that controls reading comprehension, but I've made it pretty clear that I think it's, at best, "they're following PWO and PWO adjacent people" because it also happened right on the heels of the last time khawk mentioned the cereal video, on top of specific mentions of specific tryout matches that showed up a few weeks later. It's the geekiest fucking regular content WWE puts out, why WOULDN'T they be tracking what the geekiest wrestling video nerds were looking for, especially now that they've made a noticeable effort to drop the common stuff like developmental TV matches out of the rotation? I always make it clear they I'm being at least half facetious with "taking credit," but would it surprise me that they were following us because we know this stuff inside out? Not at all.

But it's not "hey, look what we found"in this case because they've had this one digitized for over a decade, which way *exactly the reason I had tweeted that they should upload it.* I dunno why you're being a weirdo about how "it's gotta be killing you people" that...some thing you're baselessly speculating about might have happened maybe? Hidden Gems are good! Be happy! Life's too short to get worked up over your inability to process a blog post over 500 words or someone joking about their good fortune!

7 hours ago, Matt D said:

I'm another hour in and will double down on the no commentary thing. Tully and Arn's chatter and coordination ("Arn, I need your knee!"), Precious' constant yelling, etc. It'd be one thing if we had Jim Ross and David Crockett tripping over each other at the time, but it'd be a crime to dump even someone like Tony over this decades after the fact.

Buzz Sawyer yelling at randoms in the crowd was great too.

1 hour ago, Tim Cooke said:

It's a great **** match. 

The tournament is a lot of fun with the Fantastics and Sheepherders standing out but really good matches from the RnR Express, Arn/Tully, and a legit surprise in the first Baba/Tiger Mask match.

The Fantastics vs The Sheepherders lived up to the hype, but the real surprise was that their match against Tully and Arn was almost as great. 

23 hours ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

You are a serious crank.