Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Hidden Gems

NickH

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both Bash shows are very good. I would say Flair-Morton is the top match off either show, with the rest of the matches ranging from watchable to very good. Both crowds are hot and in to everything that is being done, even in the openers people are jumping out of their seats and cheering. Also, seeing Baron Von Raschke with his jeans sagging below his ass like a skater is pretty damn funny. The only negative I can think of is the number of gimmick matches, with half of each card having some type of stipulation. 

For Thursday 7/11/19

Wrestling Challenge Taping Dark Match 05/05/1993 – The Path of the Suplex Machine [Duration: 05:15]
Before becoming an ECW legend, The Tazmaniac went one-on-one with Skippy Taylor, who would later become known as Scotty 2 Hotty.

RAW Taping Dark Match 10/18/1993 – Too Extreme [Duration: 06:01]
Before cementing their legacies in both ECW and WWE respectively, Sabu faced Scott Taylor, better known to fans as Scotty 2 Hotty.

For Thursday 7/18/19....I don't know where they got this stuff!!!

07/14/1992 – The Best of ECW 1992 Volume 1 [Duration: 50:54]
Witness ECW get its start in a sports bar in Philadelphia before becoming one of the most influential wrestling organizations of all time.

10/24/1992 – The Best of ECW 1992 Volume 2 [Duration: 53:13]
Ivan Koloff, Sal Bellomo, The Sandman and more set the tone for the mayhem that would occur over the next decade in ECW.

11/28/1992 – ECW TV Pilot [Duration: 43:34]
The Sandman, The Super Destroyers and King Kahlua compete in this ECW television pilot from the fall of 1992.

Just now, paul sosnowski said:

For Thursday 7/18/19....I don't know where they got this stuff!!!

07/14/1992 – The Best of ECW 1992 Volume 1 [Duration: 50:54]
Witness ECW get its start in a sports bar in Philadelphia before becoming one of the most influential wrestling organizations of all time.

10/24/1992 – The Best of ECW 1992 Volume 2 [Duration: 53:13]
Ivan Koloff, Sal Bellomo, The Sandman and more set the tone for the mayhem that would occur over the next decade in ECW.

11/28/1992 – ECW TV Pilot [Duration: 43:34]
The Sandman, The Super Destroyers and King Kahlua compete in this ECW television pilot from the fall of 1992.

This looks very much just like the two disc 'ECW Best of 1992' set that's been in circulation for years.

https://ohmygodwrestlingreview.wordpress.com/2016/01/15/1992-ecw-pilot-1/

I mean almost all of the fan cams are on Highspots Network.  Unless he is working with them I don't know how iron clad they are.  I guess we will see if the video quality is RF video level and believe that will be easy to determine on whether these came straight from the source or other means.

12 hours ago, hammerva said:

I mean almost all of the fan cams are on Highspots Network.  Unless he is working with them I don't know how iron clad they are.  I guess we will see if the video quality is RF video level and believe that will be easy to determine on whether these came straight from the source or other means.

I've always assumed there's a deal there - a lot of the RF shoots are also on the Highspots Network.

10 hours ago, sek69 said:

So since Tod Gordon bought out Joel Goodhart, and Paul bought out Tod, I wonder if anything was filmed of the pre-ECW Tri State Wrestling anywhere in the pile.

I would love to see some of those infamous Cactus Jack vs. Eddie Gilbert matches in decent quality. I don't know if their match from the 09/15/90 show ("Autumn Armageddon") ever made tape but if it did, I haven't seen it. I know their Falls Count Anywhere match from 03/02/91 ("Winter Challenge II") is available online, but the VQ is pretty bad.  Their Barbed Wire match from 05/18/91 ("Spring Spectacular II") is also available online, but the VQ is really bad.Then there is the infamous three fall match from 03/08/91 ("Summer Sizzler II") where the first match was Falls Count Anywhere, the second was a Stretcher Match and the third was a Cage match.  I have seen really bad VQ versions of all three matches. The versions of those matches that are posted online all have John Arezzi doing commentary. I'd love it if somebody had the raw footage or at least something of better quality.

20 minutes ago, The Thread Killer said:

I would love to see some of those infamous Cactus Jack vs. Eddie Gilbert matches in decent quality. I don't know if their match from the 09/15/90 show ("Autumn Armageddon") ever made tape but if it did, I haven't seen it.

Here you go, and in pretty decent quality compared to some of the TWA stuff that is out there.

34 minutes ago, paul sosnowski said:

For Thursday July 25, 2019......more Pro Wrestling USA!!!!

Pro Wrestling USA 04/19/1985 – Meadowlands Mayhem [Duration: 01:54:41]
Sgt. Slaughter battles Kamala in a Ugandan Death Match, while Larry Zbyszko tangles with Bob Backlund in this Pro Wrestling USA spectacular.

Paging @khawk20

I know we have at least one Tonga vs Martel match but I'm not sure if it's this one. Any idea what might be new here?

Oh hey, it's the show from Highlander too.