Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Hidden Gems

NickH

1 minute ago, khawk20 said:

I'll have to look at the whole lineup to be sure. 

1. Buck Zumhofe vs. Steve Regal.
  2. Larry Sharpe vs. Bobby Duncum.
  3. The Samoans vs. Tom Zenk and Steve Olsonoski.
  4. Kendo Nagasaki vs. Jim Duggan.
  5. Jimmy Garvin vs. Baron von Raschke.
  6. The Fabulous Freebirds vs. The Highflyers and Tonga Kid.
  7. AWA Americas Heavyweight Title:Larry Zbyszko vs. Bob Backlund.
  8. AWA World Heavyweight Title: Rick Martel vs. King Tonga.
  9. AWA World Tag Team Titles: The Road Warriors vs. Curt Hennig and Larry Hennig.
  10. Ugandan Death Match: Kamala vs. Sgt. Slaughter.

With a two hour runtime, we are likely not getting the whole card. The world does not need another Buck vs Regal match.

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Matt D said:

The world does not need another Buck vs Regal match.

Who can even watch a Buck Zumhofe match period ? The guy sexually abused his own daughter for 12 years straight. It amazes me that this guy's matches are even featured.

2 hours ago, El-P said:

Who can even watch a Buck Zumhofe match period ? The guy sexually abused his own daughter for 12 years straight. It amazes me that this guy's matches are even featured.

Yeah. I could MAYBE see someone watch one of his Heenan matches just for Heenan but I can't see myself ever watching any of his stuff again personally.

I feel like they're not really "featuring" him, just including his stuff as a documentation of what happened for the sake of historical context. Which might just be my overblown way of attempting to justify it. 

I mean, I felt really turned off when he showed up WrestleRock just as I was getting ready to watch a U.S. Misawa/Tiger Mask match, but at least I know it's there if I want it and can skip it if I don't. (Sucked that I saw a Bret Hart in Hawaii tag match on YouTube recently and I had to can it because he showed up there too, but again, same principal.) 

As long as they're not pulling up individual matches for Hidden Gems or throwing him onto Triple H collections as an example of an early HHH WWF squash, then I'm fine enough with exercising the right to hope that fucking pig rots in piss, then moving on with the skip button. 

They definitely seem to be reorganizing how some of the previously posted Hidden Gem stuff is classified. I tried using the search function and some things came up, some things didnt come up, though it's possible I wasnt searching for the exactly worded title, as the new search function seems incredibly unforgiving.

For example, i searched for "Crockett Cup" and it was listed under the heading "Tournaments", but searching for the Tazmaniac dark match from a couple weeks back, "AWA Team Challenge Series", and "Mid-South Wrestlefest" was listed under an "Originals" header. 

So I am keeping my fingers crossed that having a dedicated section for this is just an oversight that will be corrected shortly, or given more clarity. 

This weeks offerings...

CWF 10/08/1974 – Harley Race & Bill Watts vs. The Brisco Brothers [Duration: 08:42]
Harley Race teams with “Cowboy” Bill Watts to face the team of Jack and Gerald Brisco in this bout from Florida.

CWF 01/25/1978 – Harley Race vs. “Superstar” Billy Graham [Duration: 13:53]
Harley Race and “Superstar” Billy Graham put their respective championships on the line as they face off at the Superbowl of Wrestling.

CWF 08/12/1978 – Harley Race vs. Jack Brisco for Heavyweight Title [Duration: 11:57]
The World Heavyweight Championship is up for grabs as Harley Race defends the title against former champion Jack Brisco.

Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling 11/14/1980 – Ric Flair vs. Harley Race [Duration: 07:12]
Witness film highlights of Ric Flair going to war with the legendary Harley Race in front of a rabid audience.

WWF 10/01/1987 – Superstars visit Napoleon’s tomb in Paris [Duration: 02:29]
See exclusive outtakes of Andre the Giant, Harley Race and Frenchy Martin visiting Napoleon’s tomb in Paris.

plus they are teasing a bonus gem that may appear, also likely Harley related.

There are 2 more gems today.

OCT. 23, 1987 | TV-PG (V) | 23m

Harley Race faces the Junkyard Dog with Andre the Giant as the special guest referee in this match from Paris.           

Sunday Night Slam: August 1994          

AUG. 21, 1994 | TV-PG (D,V) | 1h 33m

Lex Luger faces Crush in singles action while actor Leslie Nielsen attempts to solve the mystery of The Undertaker heading into SummerSlam.