Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Hidden Gems

NickH

Florida is basically the second worst territory (past Stampede) for that. 

I'm glad we got these though. Pretty much everything was work watching. You got a really good sense of the Briscos tag. You get the beginning and end of the Brisco singles match. I wish we'd start to get some entire 80 babyface Flair matches though, yeah, because the glimpses are really enjoyable.

The outtake was great. I love how Frenchy Martin just turns it on when the camera starts rolling. The craziest part of the demo (which was cool in general) was seeing the Iron Sheik with hair. 

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For this week....

Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling 03/17/1984 – Boogie Jam 1984 [Duration: 02:36:23]

This was the card:

1. Dory Funk Jr. vs. Tully Blanchard.
  2. Ernie Ladd vs. Rufus R. Jones.
  3. Bob Orton Jr. and Don Kernodle vs. Mark Youngblood and Wahoo McDaniel.
  4. Angelo Mosca Sr., Angelo Mosca Jr., and Junkyard Dog vs. The Great Kabuki, Ivan Koloff, and Gary Hart.
  5. NWA United States Heavyweight Championship: Dick Slater vs. Greg Valentine.
  6. NWA World Heavyweight Championship: Ricky Steamboat vs. Ric Flair.
  7. Hair vs. Mask: Assassin #2 vs. Jimmy Valiant

Apparently the Flair/Steamboat match is a 60 minute draw!!

1 hour ago, JerryvonKramer said:

Have to say looking at the footage on the Network I’m tempted to subscribe again but you know, it’s like a former addict looking st a pile of heroin.

PS. Matt, is that Dory vs Harley match new? I don’t recall seeing that when I reviewed either guy years ago.

It's new. You've missed the entire Japanese handheld boom.

I wanted to watch some of the Mid Atlantic episodes leading up to Boogie Jam, but they seem to be missing the last 2 or 3 episodes directly before the show. The last episode they have up before boogie jam has a match from a tournament for the NWA TV title that was vacated after Starrcade 83, but I guess the end of the tournament is not on the network?  Also I could be wrong since I don't know too much about this era of Crockett (which is why I wanted to watch some of the TV before watching Boogie Jam) but I think they are missing the episode in January where Paul Jones and the Assassins first attack Jimmy Valiant.  This attack I think must be the reason they have this Boogie Jam show in the first place, but also I think this is the beginning of the whole Jimmy Valiant/Paul Jones feud? Somebody who is more familiar with this period of Crockett maybe can give some clarification on this.